Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pretty good storm last night

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pretty good storm last night Empty Pretty good storm last night 1/22/2016, 9:30 am

2seaoat

We had finished our base for our two main roads and had topped the roads with brown top soil for grass which we seeded with a combination of an annual rye and a permanent grass seed. I had hand raked the brown top soil along the entire surface of the roads leveling and breaking down the bobcat rubber track marks on the surface. We leave saturday or Sunday and were afraid that we would not get any rain. Well we got rain, and a lot of wind to go with that rain and expect to have the roads bright green with the rye when we return February 9.

We found an old well which has about three feet of ground water at the bottom. I will be building a simple treated wood hatch for the well and will use the same for a sprinkler system we will be trenching in during February. We will drop a simple pump and put a timer on the same. We met with the electrician and he will hook up the 200 amp service we put up, and we start getting real work done on the project in February and March. We did not use bird seed and are extremely thankful for the heavy rain last night.

2seaoat

The bad news is the storm system will make a mess of the roads on the way back to Illinois for my cat scans and shots on Monday. They are talking about up to thirty inches in some areas with incredible winds. Well if the winds last night were blowing snow.....yikes.......they are going to get whacked.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Can you not get your scans and shots down here?

4Pretty good storm last night Empty Re: Pretty good storm last night 1/22/2016, 10:04 am

2seaoat

Can you not get your scans and shots down here?

I spoke with my Doctor at Northwestern and we will make arrangements next month to get my February shot at Moffitt Cancer center in Tampa as we will be visiting friends in South Florida for a couple weeks and I had my first shots there.. The shots are very specialized. Think of mixing epoxy right before applying the same. It sets up rather quickly. Well the medicine needs to slowly be released from my muscles in my buttocks over 28 days each month so they put a hardening agent in the shots which requires once it is released from the hospital pharmacy that the 11k shot is constantly shaken. The infusion nurse often will hand me the shots where I shake them as she primes my butt for the shots. I have had three awful experience where a new nurse did not shake and it felt like somebody was shooting weed whacker plastic line into my butt. So, No the shots are specialized and need to be given at a cancer center where they know what they are doing. In addition the insurance process is a nightmare now, and would only become impossible if I was going somewhere else. My Monday scans are STILL not approved. I have at least three times gone all the way downtown Chicago, only to find out that Northwestern had not gotten approval on a scan. If you go forward without approval, they tell you that you will be responsible for the scan. So we leave for Chicago and have made over an hour of calls to insurance and doctor offices and still do not have approval........so a short answer to getting anything done in the Pensacola area.....hell no.

5Pretty good storm last night Empty Re: Pretty good storm last night 1/22/2016, 10:31 am

Vikingwoman

How do you do all this laborious work when you're sick?

6Pretty good storm last night Empty Re: Pretty good storm last night 1/22/2016, 10:51 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat

How do you do all this laborious work when you're sick?

I have a plastic lawn chair. I work for about five minutes and I am exhausted. I sit down and wait.....sometimes as long as ten minutes......get back up and hit it............we started at daylight, and my wife wanted to help me rake, but I told her I thought I could get it done by dark. She did other things, and I slowly did it.....even with gloves I had bloody blisters on both hands....did not realize it until I took my shower.....other things hurt worse. I am convinced that physical work is keeping me alive, the decline in strength and endurance has been significant since last summer, but it is the fresh air and pushing my lungs which make this work so beneficial.....sitting inside with pneumonia goes in only one direction....I prefer this option.

2seaoat

A carport got blown off its moorings and bent a leg in the storms last night. The tenant was not there, but when we drove by....what a mess. Fortunately we had a tow rope and slowly lifted and pulled the carport back onto the concrete. There were no masonry anchors, so we installed a few quickly tonight and put some soil screws and tie downs for now....will assess the damage to the leg and determine how to fix the leg in daylight.......I did not realize how strong that storm was last night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum