Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HUUUGGE! 20% of Democrats Will SWITCH PARTY to Vote TRUMP

+2
2seaoat
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

As I have said, Donald Trump is not my first choice for our next President but if he is the nominee, it appears that Democrats too will chose him instead of the Corruption Queen, Hillary Clinton. This must give the Clinton staffers and financial backers heartburn.

HUUUGGE! 20% of Democrats Will SWITCH PARTY to Vote TRUMP

Jim Hoft Jan 9th, 2016 6:52 pm

US News and World Report reported:

So if Donald Trump proved the political universe wrong and won the Republican presidential nomination, he would be creamed by Hillary Clinton, correct?

A new survey of likely voters might at least raise momentary dyspepsia for Democrats since it suggests why it wouldn’t be a cakewalk.

The survey by Washington-based Mercury Analytics is a combination online questionnaire and “dial-test” of Trump’s first big campaign ad among 916 self-proclaimed “likely voters” (this video shows the ad and the dial test results). It took place primarily Wednesday and Thursday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percent.

Nearly 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they’d cross sides and vote for Trump, while a small number, or 14 percent, of Republicans claim they’d vote for Clinton. When those groups were further broken down, a far higher percentage of the crossover Democrats contend they are “100 percent sure” of switching than the Republicans.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-01-08/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton

2seaoat

Then that is the ticket......pleassssseeeeeee nominate Trump as the Republican candidate and we can test the hypothesis. Just like I predicted that a black Republican would NEVER be nominated in the Republican Party and folks argued the polls for Carson or Mr. 999, the reality is that Democrats will NOT elect Trump. This country will elect a woman in 2016.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If this becomes a contest between Trump and the Clintons,  it's going to be the most negative campaign in history.  By the time of election day,  the voters won't be getting tingles up their legs over either candidate.  More like wishing both would just go away.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One thing's for certain.  Both will have unlimited amounts of money to spend on tv ads.  So my recommendation is to get a DVR if you don't already have one.
That way you can only watch recorded tv and fast forward through all those ads.

2seaoat

I disagree. Once a general election comes, folks are going to find out that Trump is so far from traditional Republican values of conservatism that a horrible mistake has been made. The beauty of a demagogue is that he is fooling the Republican core with a guy who can lie and take positions to make money, and who is doing the same on this campaign and has NO conservative track record.......he will be the most liberal Republican since Teddy Roosevelt if there was ever a splinter of a chance he won. The Clinton's will stay on substance and just make a fool out of this baboon, and a real debate where his empty answers are actually challenged because of platform differences......it will be a massacre, and this is what originally sent panic up and down the Republican Party because this baboon could kill swing state Republicans and state level folks. Along those lines trump will cause a greater turn out at the ballots and that is NOT what the Republican Party and the special interests want. A trump nomination is the Republican Party Waterloo, and it will not be your theatrics which will expedite the same, but substantive issues.

2seaoat wrote:I disagree.  Once a general election comes, folks are going to find out that Trump is so far from traditional Republican values of conservatism that a horrible mistake has been made.  The beauty of a demagogue is that he is fooling the Republican core with a guy who can lie and take positions to make money, and who is doing the same on this campaign and has NO conservative track record.......he will be the most liberal Republican since Teddy Roosevelt if there was ever a splinter of a chance he won.  The Clinton's will stay on substance and just make a fool out of this baboon, and a real debate where his empty answers are actually challenged because of platform differences......it will be a massacre, and this is what originally sent panic up and down the Republican Party because this baboon could kill swing state Republicans and state level folks.    Along those lines trump will cause a greater turn out at the ballots and that is NOT what the Republican Party and the special interests want.  A trump nomination is the Republican Party Waterloo, and it will not be your theatrics which will expedite the same, but substantive issues.

The sad thing is, based on the statement I emphasized from your post, most people are only voting against a democrat and for a republican. Sad way to move your country in a better direction. It's like buying a house because you like the shape of the bathtub but it's sitting on a crack in the foundation.

The focus of this election is so far removed from what is needed for the country AS A WHOLE. Microscope decisions.

I cannot, for the life of me, see how Hillary or Trump are the best this country has to offer for the office of President.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: The Clinton's will stay on substance

it will not be your theatrics which will expedite the same, but substantive issues.

roflmao

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2008/04/30/clinton-smear-campaign-against-obama

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Trump is working for Clinton. He's God's gift to democrats .. a gift that keeps on giving.

Pahleeze, all you conservatives who can read, pahleeeeze jump on Trump's fuck the republican party train!! Make America Great again!! Make it all white!! Save yourselves!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:Trump is working for Clinton.  He's God's gift to democrats .. a gift that keeps on giving.  

Regardless if you think Trump is satan himself,  the fact is he's been a brilliant campaigner in the nomination process and that's kept him at the top of the polls.

BUT,  a brilliant campaigner would also know that he has to win the general election or all of this counts for nothing.  And a brilliant campaigner would also realize that the things he's said and the positions he's taken during the nominating process,  will work against him in the general election.

That's what presents a mystery for me.  And the mystery is why would he waste so much time and effort to get the nomination,  when he should know better than anyone that he's dead meat in the general election. 

Here's what I think.  I think his ego really has him believing he can overcome that and win the election. 
But I also believe he thinks this whole thing will benefit him even if he should lose the White House.  It has firmly established the name Trump as a worldwide household word.  And after a defeat,  he thinks he can parlay that into doing more business and getting richer.
So I believe in his mind it's a win/win situation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But to address the point of markle's post.   This is the thing in that article which stands out for me...

"Nearly 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they’d cross sides and vote for Trump, while...  14 percent of Republicans claim they’d vote for Clinton."

All that describes is the undecided voters.  And even if a year from now when we go to the polls,  that STILL proves to be accurate (which is a pretty silly notion at this point),  a lousy 6% advantage with that is not likely to turn the election.

Right now,  everything points to Trump having a smaller constituency than Hillary does.  And maybe a lot smaller.
So unless Trump can turn that around,  I don't see him winning.  And I don't see how it's possible for him to turn that around.
Not unless something dramatic happens with world events in the interim.  That can always change everything about a presidential election.

2seaoat

Sad way to move your country in a better direction.

You have no grasp of how legislation and bills are written or how political parties work in the trenches to pass legislation.  Party affiliation matters most when substantive issues and bills are being prepared with detail.  They matter little in a world of Hollywood, fence sitters, and demagogues.  There is nothing sad about our constitution and our right to associate with others to accomplish real substantive change.

I will tell a Seaotian tale of how things get done in America.  I had partial ownership in a title insurance company in a town very similar to Pensacola.  I also had ownership in a real estate corporation and have a broker's license at the time a substantive problem faced the community.  In the early eighties we were seeing a migration from the traditional way our banks financed real estate mortgages.  It used to be you went down to your community bank and talked to the loan officer, they looked at your application, verified your employment, did an appraisal and had you sign a note and mortgage.

This town was an older rust belt town which was like Pensacola and Bob's discussion of a metropolitan area......it had in its older core many what are called legal non conforming lots.  The example which was the core of this problem is that people commonly built a second house on their property for elderly parents who they could keep an eye.  These lots became non conforming in a zoning district, but in the old system of mortgages no big deal.  In the early eighties we transitioned into a secondary market where that community bank would do what they had always done, but they would package that mortgage, and the secondary market would bundle it under underwriting guidelines, and the local bank made their fees, and suddenly new money was coming into community real estate markets.

Well an entire market collapsed for a six week period as intertwined real estate contracts found that the underwriting was finding those legally non conforming properties no eligible for secondary loans because of unknown guidelines which the local folks never worried about.

I saw the problem, and knew that immediate legislative action had to be taken or there would be irreparable damage done to a brisk and growing real estate market.  I proposed a simple ordinance which would allow the non-conforming lots to be conforming, and would allow those houses to be rebuilt on the former footprint of a house destroyed in fire or by other means.  Well I was a Republican.   The Mayor was a democrat.  When I went to his office I went in my jeans and my famous chit kicking shoes and had my usual baseball hat.   He made a comment to others that I look like a street person and he had no interest in that ordinance I had written.  I came back to his office after hearing his comments in my suit, and I proceeded to destroy him, and in the process worked with every Republican and Democrat Alderman to put a  coalition which could quickly unfreeze 80 pending real estate transaction totally bungled by one local bank because of the secondary market problem.   Working with mostly party affiliation, I had the ordinance passed in thirty days and the logjam was released and people moved into their new homes up and down the contingent contracts which had been hung up.   It is not sad that we work in America with free association to accomplish good things, and political parties are not bad things.   I am tired of people who have never given a chit about their communities sitting back and taking pot shots at people who have courage and work to make our country better.  Substance matters and this sad time of dogma and demagogues must be replaced with a can do attitude of getting back to work to make America great.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-01-08/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton

The problem with this thread is highlighted in red above...

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-01-08/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton

The problem with this thread is highlighted in red above...

Even people I know who vote Republican are disgusted by Trump.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

"The survey by Washington-based Mercury Analytics is a combination online questionnaire and “dial-test” of Trump’s first big campaign ad among 916 self-proclaimed “likely voters” ...

Now who in hell is "Mercury Analytics?" And who pays them for their opinions? The sample for this poll appears to be 916 likely voters -- out of 150 million possible voters. According to Semi-sane "I know NOSSING" Markle ...

That's HUGE!! lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:Now who in hell is "Mercury Analytics?"  And who pays them for their opinions?  The sample for this poll appears to be 916 likely voters -- out of 150 million possible voters.  According to Semi-sane "I know NOSSING" Markle ...

That's HUGE!!  lol

HUUUGGE! 20% of Democrats Will SWITCH PARTY to Vote TRUMP Thumbs12

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Then that is the ticket......pleassssseeeeeee nominate Trump as the Republican candidate and we can test the hypothesis.   Just like I predicted that a black Republican would NEVER be nominated in the Republican Party and folks argued the polls for Carson or Mr. 999, the reality is that Democrats will NOT elect Trump.  This country will elect a woman in 2016.

Doesn't have to be a majority of Democrats, 20% will do.

Republicans will nominate a black person for president when one is the very best qualified. Unlike Democrats who nominated one simply BECAUSE he is black.

As for electing a woman president, that appears to be tied closely to the ever more revealing email scandals, Benghazi and now the Bill Clinton rapes coming up again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum