Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

25 good reasons to send obama packing in nov

+2
VectorMan
knothead
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

othershoe1030 wrote:
SquirrelHill wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
SquirrelHill wrote:So far, those who claim that I am wrong have not cited any specific examples of how I am wrong. And as it says at the link that I posted, I have an updated version of my list with 95 things. It's funny how a lot of them are the exact same things that liberals hated Bush for doing, but yet they don't care that Obama did the exact same things. Here's my updated list of 95 things:

http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/here-are-95-examples-of-barack-obamas-lying-lawbreaking-corruption-and-cronyism/

Posting a huge list like this is not a serious post. You need to narrow it down to one or two things.

4) Has close ties to Wall St., but pretends to support Occupy Wall St.

Although Obama claims to support the Occupy Wall St. movement, the truth is that he has raised more money from Wall St. than any other candidate during the last 20 years. In early 2012, Obama held a fundraiser where Wall St. investment bankers and hedge fund managers each paid $35,800 to attend. In October 2011, Obama hired Broderick Johnson, a longtime Wall Street lobbyist, to be his new senior campaign adviser. Johnson had worked as a lobbyist for JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fannie Mae, Comcast, Microsoft, and the oil industry.

Just for fun I looked into this Broderick Johnson person and found that while was formerly a lobbyist his client list included many sectors of the economy, not just Wall Street which appears by most accounts to be of little significance in his overall career. Your snippet above makes it sound as if he had a rather narrow background. From the Politico site:

Johnson worked on the Clinton White House’s legislative affairs team and then went to K Street as a lobbyist for AT&T and BellSouth and most recently was a partner at Bryan Cave, the St. Louis-based law firm and served as chairman of its lobbying arm, Bryan Cave Strategies. He has been a registered lobbyist for clients such as Anheuser Busch Companies, Comcast Corp., FedEx Corp., and Microsoft as recently as 2010.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66701.html#ixzz28XcFNsyK

Johnson clocked more than a decade of experience in the U.S. House of Representatives, as an attorney, during the 1980s and 1990s. Between 1998 and 2000, he served in senior roles in the Clinton White House, including acting as the president's principal liaison to the House. And after working for President Bill Clinton, Johnson became a top lobbyist for BellSouth Corp. and AT&T.

During his time in the private sector in Washington, Johnson has also worked for Wiley, Rein & Fielding, the Oliver Group, Bryan Cave Strategies, Bryan Cave LLP and the Collins-Johnson Group, according to research by the Center for Responsive Politics.

In addition to AT&T, Johnson's clients over the years have included numerous political heavy weights, federal lobbying records show, such as Anheuser-Busch, Bank of America, the Biotechnology Industry Organization, Comcast, Fannie Mae, FedEx, Ford, JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, Shell Oil, Time Warner and Verizon.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/10/broderick-johnson-revolving-door.html

Upon leaving the White House in 2000, Johnson joined AT&T and Bell South corporations, respectively, as vice-president for congressional affairs. For both companies, Johnson advocated before the Congress on a broad range of public policy issues central to the telecommunications industry. Among those issues were several tax-related measures, including preempting State and local taxes on Internet access and extending Federal tax credits designed to help Bell South recover from economic harm caused by Hurricane Katrina.

http://thecollinsjohnsongroup.com/broderick.html

As for the huge sums of money coming from Wall Street to Obama, it looks as if the bankers have changed their minds about who to back.

BY Jeremy B. White | June 13 2012 11:37 AM
Romney and the Super PAC supporting him have pulled in a combined $37.1 million, easily eclipsing the $4.8 million Wall Street has bestowed upon Obama. Many of the financial workers supporting Romney backed Obama in 2008, when individuals and political action committees associated with the securities and investment industry sent the Obama campaign an unprecedented $15.8 million.

POLITICO found that some of Obama's top financial industry backers from 2008 had given to Romney during that election cycle before he failed to secure the Republican presidential nomination, suggesting that part of the switch is simply tactical. Forty-nine donors who had given more than $100,000 to the pro-Romney Restore Our Future Super PAC had supported Democrats in the past.
http://www.ibtimes.com/romney-trouncing-obama-wall-street-money-president-may-come-back-702618

OS. you , might want to see the thread i posted regarding obama having lobbyist in his staff. its full of bankers/wallstreeters.

such as

Mark Patterson, Treasury Chief of Staff
Former employer: Goldman Sachs

and also, that was a thin reply you had. fact is he was a wallstreeter. doesnt matter if he sold shoes before.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum