Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who here can recognize this person?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Who here can recognize this person? Pictur10

Looks like a levin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a clue.  At one time,  he was a lot more famous than any of the Levins.

Sal

Sal

Jerry Lewis?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

See,  I told you how old you are.  No "young" person would have ever guessed that correctly.

Here's your prize.  lol

Who here can recognize this person? Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have to give him credit though.  He's lost some weight from his younger days.

Who here can recognize this person? Image982962

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:See,  I told you how old you are.  No "young" person would have ever guessed that correctly.

Here's your prize.  lol

Who here can recognize this person? Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Sal

Sal

I can identify lots of historical figures.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:I can identify lots of historical figures.

I know,  comes with age.  So can I. 
Just think,  50 is right around the corner,  and that's when you get the first senior citizen discounts.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But enough about aging.  This thread is about that one particular historical figure.

If you were a little older,  Sal,  you would know about this too.  Lewis produced and directed and starred in a movie called "The Day the Clown Cried".
The movie plot had Lewis playing the part of a clown who marched the children in a Nazi concentrations camp into the gas chambers to die.

Lewis has been so ashamed of the movie,  that he never allowed it to be released and the surviving prints have been in his vault ever since.

https://thedissolve.com/news/219-the-day-the-clown-cried-footage/

Lewis financed the movie with money he received from the Iranian government.

Last edited by Bob on 11/12/2015, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

If there is a point to any of this, it seems to be eluding us both.

Maybe, you're just trying to make me feel old.

If that's it, thanks for the effort, but I have a 15-year-old that does that job on a daily basis.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A famous Austrian poet named Langos Thorsen said it best,  Sal.

"There is no point to life,  only to an icepick"

Sal

Sal

Well, if there's no point, I guess I'll tell you how my 15-year-old son has sped up my aging process exponentially.

He just got his learner's permit, and I've been teaching him to drive.

Talk about a harrowing experience.

Luckily, there's a lot of country roads around here on which to practice.

I took him out the other evening on some 55mph roads so he could get use to some speed.

He got used to it alright.

He nearly took out a "no solicitation" sign and street light turning into the neighborhood.

affraid

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal,  you're okay in my book.  You have a good heart. 

Now if you'll excuse me,  I have a 2 oclock appointment at the Costco hearing aid center in Mobile and it takes me an hour to get there and I don't want to be late if there's heavy traffic.  I'm pretty excited about getting my new hearing aid.  And I'm getting one for thousands less than I could get one for here.

Sal

Sal

Hope things went swell with the new hearing aid, Bob.

I wish my Dad would get one.

He can't hear shit, but refuses to do anything about it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm like your Dad,  I need one but I'm too cheap to pay the money.
I just went to get cigarettes.  lol

p.s.  but if it gets bad enough I will go for the costco deal.
If your Dad doesn't know it,  you can get a good one there for under a grand that would cost several thousand elsewhere.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But don't make me older than I am.  If you're pushing 50,  I'm not old enough to be your Dad.  Think of me more like a big brother.  lol

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pros-and-cons-of-inexpensive-hearing-aids-called-psaps-1403470481

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:http://www.wsj.com/articles/pros-and-cons-of-inexpensive-hearing-aids-called-psaps-1403470481

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2013-07-11/why-costco-rules-in-hearing-aids-dot-as-well-as-gummie-bears

http://hearingmojo.com/costco-sells-iphone-hearing-aids/

Wow, the price is amazing. Mine were HUGELY expensive. This is definitely something to look into since the article mentions my brand. I wear them in both ears and have since I was 44 years old. High end hearing loss.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is why good old competitive free enterprise needs to be part of the solution to the health care issue.   I wish Costco would get into the medical imaging business too. 

My friend's 30 year old son lives in Destin.  He had a health episode and he was brought to Sacred Heart.  Sacred Heart recommended he go to Tallahassee to be diagnosed.  And recommended he be flown over.

$40,000 for the piper cub ride to Tallahassee.   A couple more of those would buy the airplane.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum