Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Observations about the local economy having been gone for almost three years.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My commercial bank is first City Bank in Fort Walton. They had worked with us on projects starting ten years ago. Since I moved to the islands in Illinois and go to Northwestern Hospital, I just do not travel that well, and cannot fly anymore, so my visits have been infrequent.

I could not believe all the closed business store fronts between Navarre and Fort Walton. I was sick to see a favorite restaurant in Fort Walton closed....but it was just store front after store front empty. There were panhandlers on every corner in Fort Walton.....I was fricking shocked. In Illinois the economy is booming. New houses are going up, the farmers are having record yields and we had good business this year. I was looking to rent an excavator, all terrain forklift, and a bobcat this December and two of the places I have rented from for years are simply gone.

I can see why some people on this forum have such a dire outlook to the economy. Florida is not doing that well. I do see massive apartment buildings being built on 98, but that simply means the demand for housing has gone so flat that people are becoming permanent renters. Navarre is hoping. I checked the houses and the neighborhoods are vibrant and kids playing in the yards and people busy living. My question for those in the know. Has there been a significant cut back of military contractors in the Fort Walton area? I am depressed with some of the changes in the last three years. Hell first city closed a branch near us and now I have to go all the way over to Fort Walton.....oh well.

Just read some of bofers govt math economic threads... all is swell.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Just read some of bofers govt math economic threads... all is swell.

Do you honestly not understand the difference between national, macroeconomic data points and an observation about a single locality?

Can we refute macroeconomic data by pointing to the fact that an Alvin's Island closed in Fort Walton?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum