Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just registered to vote

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just registered to vote Empty Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 4:37 pm

2seaoat

I got my new Illinois drivers license.  I should have changed my license two years ago when I moved, but I finally did it.  They asked for two bills to my current address and the prior drivers license I was driving under.  They then asked me if I wanted to register to vote.  I said yes.  I received the voter registration card in the mail this week.  I will now get to vote this November.

I do not see how hard it would be to have a national voter ID.  Simply take a picture of somebody, get their address information, and the standard questions about felonies and citizenship, and have the person who takes your information on a tablet, print right there your voter registration card with your photo.  People could then go out and register folks with a photo, and then have that data at the precinct you vote.  There would be NO charge for these national voter ID cards.   They would be totally discretionary, and nobody would be forced to get one.   This would allow Congress to trump the phony voter id laws which are trying to restrict voting for political gain.

2Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 4:43 pm

I hope you were honest and listed dumbocrat as your party.

3Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 4:55 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Naw he thinks himself a clever spy for Hillary....

Just registered to vote ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.dailykos.com%2Fimages%2F147064%2Flarge%2FHillary_Clinton_Motivational_Poster

4Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 5:12 pm

2seaoat

I have voted in every Republican primary since I been old enough to vote. I doubt if I will change. I have hope that Kasich will rise to the top. I do not agree with all of his positions, but he is my kind of Republican....balance the budget by focusing on waste, not political favoritism. I have even been asked if I would be interested in a township elected office by neighbors who are on the board, but in this small town, if you have not lived here for thirty years you are an outsider....so with me being sick, I simply tell them I am not up to it. They had a damn Ivory Tower Democrat on the Town Board which just wanted to spend money. He piszed everybody in town off, and did not run again. He thought the 150 year old town hall was no good and wanted to spend a boat load to build a new one......the boards are old, the floor uneven, but it works for two meetings a month, and it has for 150 years. In local politics, you have to be dropped on your head to vote Democratic, but I am increasingly believing that voting on national elections for a Republican requires you to be dropped on your head twice.

5Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 6:41 pm

You are no conservative... you're the poster child of a limousine liberal.

6Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 7:36 pm

2seaoat

You are no conservative... you're the poster child of a limousine liberal.

I am not a conservative. I am not a liberal. I have some conservative views, and I have some liberal views. I am intelligent. I have been in a limo probably twice in my life on business trips. I believe in voting for the best policy platforms. Pretty much a moderate Republican my whole life without much change in my personal political views. I have been called a neocon on the PNJ and a communist here. I find it funny how utterly out of touch some people are with being politically involved in actually working for better governing. I have never lived in a Ivory tower of silly impractical dogma.

7Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 7:46 pm

When the answer is always a govt solution... you have no real interest in better governing... just bigger govt.

8Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 8:16 pm

Markle

Markle

Now 2seaoat will order an absentee vote from Florida AND Illinois while telling us there is no such thing as voter fraud.

9Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 8:20 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You are no conservative... you're the poster child of a limousine liberal.

I am not a conservative.  I am not a liberal.  I have some conservative views, and I have some liberal views.  I am intelligent.  I have been in a limo probably twice in my life on business trips.  I believe in voting for the best policy platforms.  Pretty much a moderate Republican my whole life without much change in my personal political views.   I have been called a neocon on the PNJ and a communist here.  I find it funny how utterly out of touch some people are with being politically involved in actually working for better governing.  I have never lived in a Ivory tower of silly impractical dogma.

Just registered to vote AnimatedLaughterPink

10Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 9:13 pm

2seaoat

Now 2seaoat will order an absentee vote from Florida AND Illinois while telling us there is no such thing as voter fraud.

Folks would be willing to risk a felony conviction for voter fraud.....yep and people are scalping Chicago Bears super bowl tickets....it could happen.

11Just registered to vote Empty Re: Just registered to vote 9/7/2015, 9:24 pm

2seaoat

When the answer is always a govt solution... you have no real interest in better governing... just bigger govt.

You have never served in any capacity on any governmental unit, because if you had you would not be so incurably naive. When I ran for office, I and the three other candidates for office were on a TV show where we had to discuss our positions with a very outspoken moderator. She asked a question about what programs we would work for on a particular problem she thought was important. I simply said when it was my time, that some problems do not have a solution and it is better not to have a government solution. She went ballistic that I was ignoring the problem. I simply said the problem is private in nature and not solved by the government. Which promptly all three candidates changed their answers and agreed......the lady chased me out to the parking lot afterwards barking in my ear how I would never get elected. I came in third out of the four candidates. She was right, but so was I.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum