Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives

+3
Slicef18
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
2seaoat wrote:A system as good as its design and execution. Our current system has a faulty design and terrible execution. A new system could be worse. A new system could be better. To start with the assumption that all government programs are bad......well, it is very difficult to have an intelligent conversation. If miners were in a collapsed mine.......would we be debating whether mining is good or bad....or would we be rescuing the miners..........I have little patience for ignorance....please just get out of the way and let the grown ups take this country back......and yes the horror of it.....it may involve the government actually doing an efficient job of utilizing American resources.

and I have as little of patience for ignorance as you. more even so I am sure.

Frankly I am sick to death of your "lets let the grownups take the country back" slogan.

perhaps it was your idea of what a grown up is that got this country in such a mess to begin with.

so perhaps your outdated and the one who is ignorant of the situation.

Youve begun the final steps in your life and are following your heart, and I get that. But following your heart is not always the best policy for managment of a complex problem.

There are 300 million people plus in this country. and 80% or more already have healthcare. Its a god damn lie that children do not have care because we have many plans already avalible for them. same with the elderly, or disabled.

almost 50% of our society are reciveing some sort of welfare, which means if they can get that, they qualify for medicaid.

Who is it that you think really needs this gov run healthcare system?

I'll tell you because im that way. Its the GOV. along with a few minority slip through the cracks people. and most of them arnt even legal to be here.

I know, you seen someone crying because they didnt plan well and instead bought nice shoes and cars all thier life and when they got sick, you felt sorry for them.

But let me ask you. How much have YOU given to charity. and not recently. ALL YOUR LIFE. have you contributed to man kind from YOUR OWN pocket?

or do you just require that those of us who are still trying to provide our families with a decent life contribute.

You owned a bussiness, have a nice house, good insurance. What sacrafice have you made? Are you willing to give up your luxeries to provide these things that most of them should have planned for as you have?

You could sell your house and pay for a few surgeries Im sure.

But I understand. You got yours. and now its about your fuzzzy feelings.

it doesnt matter that when its spread out that the services will be less, because everybody will get something see. and those who have dedicated thier lives to giving it will also have to get less, because thats the way it works. and it dont effect you.

but it effects me and my family.

and I wont stop saying how I feel about it, even though there is nothing I can keep doing but to kill myself working more hours, with less materials to do the same job.

and before your high and mighty voice comes at me again. just know. I have 3 members of my emdiate family who are not insured. It cost me alot.

and I have many family members who are poorer than dirt

so Im not saying remove or kill the whole damn thing, but whats coming around the corner for us all, is not what you think.

and frankly im getting sick and tired of trying to explain that, and at this point I am starting to pray to god it hurries up and comes so yu can feel it too. But you wont. because you got yours.

"There are 300 million people plus in this country. and 80% or more already have healthcare. Its a god damn lie that children do not have care because we have many plans already avalible for them. same with the elderly, or disabled.

"almost 50% of our society are reciveing some sort of welfare, which means if they can get that, they qualify for medicaid."

No maam- you are way off the map! If you get welfare you do not automatically qualify for medicaid in Fl. The children qualify but the parents usually do not unless they have an extremely low income and I mean low. They get a cost share which means you must pay a share which is usually way out of their league and only after they have accumulated so much in a month in medical expenses.People who are disabled do not qualify for medicare until two years after being on disability.You do not receive medicare when you're elderly until you're 65.If you collect at 62, you do not get medicare. You have no clue of what you're talking about.

its your job to make sure crooks can get our tax paying dollars. thats right, i havnt forgot.

and i didnt say a damn thing about medicare, and that goes for ghost post as well. i said nothing baout medicare. i said medicaid. and while dreams is a welfare pusher, you dont make up the stats.

there are not really that many unisured people. ive been giving that number about 20%, but it looks like its actaully 16%. so basically we should screw up a system that gives good care to 84% of the population so 100% of the population can share crumbs.
--
Some 16.3% of Americans were uninsured in 2010, according to the bureau's report on Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States, statistically unchanged from 2009. ... The percentage of people who had health insurance through their employers fell to 55.3% in 2010, continuing a long, downward trend. In 2009, the percentage of people who had employer-provided coverage had fallen to 56.1%. ... With fewer Americans receiving health care coverage through their employers, government-funded programs like Medicare, Medicaid, military health care, the Children's Health Care Program (CHIPS) and coverage offered by various states have had to pick up the slack. In 2010, 31% of Americans relied on the government for health insurance, up from 30.6% in 2009" (Christie, 9/13

You contradict yourself then.First ,you say there are 300 million people in this country and then you say there are not that many that are not insured.If they're not that many then why are you complaining? It wouldn't be a big drain on the country then.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
2seaoat wrote:A system as good as its design and execution. Our current system has a faulty design and terrible execution. A new system could be worse. A new system could be better. To start with the assumption that all government programs are bad......well, it is very difficult to have an intelligent conversation. If miners were in a collapsed mine.......would we be debating whether mining is good or bad....or would we be rescuing the miners..........I have little patience for ignorance....please just get out of the way and let the grown ups take this country back......and yes the horror of it.....it may involve the government actually doing an efficient job of utilizing American resources.

Frankly I am sick to death of your "lets let the grownups take the country back" slogan.

perhaps it was your idea of what a grown up is that got this country in such a mess to begin with.

Youve begun the final steps in your life and are following your heart, and I get that. But following your heart is not always the best policy for managment of a complex problem.

There are 300 million people plus in this country. and 80% or more already have healthcare. Its a god damn lie that children do not have care because we have many plans already avalible for them. same with the elderly, or disabled.

almost 50% of our society are reciveing some sort of welfare, which means if they can get that, they qualify for medicaid.

I'll tell you because im that way. Its the GOV. along with a few minority slip through the cracks people. and most of them arnt even legal to be here.

I know, you seen someone crying because they didnt plan well and instead bought nice shoes and cars all thier life and when they got sick, you felt sorry for them.

But let me ask you. How much have YOU given to charity. and not recently. ALL YOUR LIFE. have you contributed to man kind from YOUR OWN pocket?

or do you just require that those of us who are still trying to provide our families with a decent life contribute.

You owned a bussiness, have a nice house, good insurance. What sacrafice have you made? Are you willing to give up your luxeries to provide these things that most of them should have planned for as you have?

it doesnt matter that when its spread out that the services will be less, because everybody will get something see. and those who have dedicated thier lives to giving it will also have to get less, because thats the way it works. and it dont effect you.

and I wont stop saying how I feel about it, even though there is nothing I can keep doing but to kill myself working more hours, with less materials to do the same job.

and before your high and mighty voice comes at me again. just know. I have 3 members of my emdiate family who are not insured. It cost me alot.

so Im not saying remove or kill the whole damn thing, but whats coming around the corner for us all, is not what you think.

and frankly im getting sick and tired of trying to explain that, and at this point I am starting to pray to god it hurries up and comes so yu can feel it too. But you wont. because you got yours.

"There are 300 million people plus in this country. and 80% or more already have healthcare. Its a god damn lie that children do not have care because we have many plans already avalible for them. same with the elderly, or disabled.

"almost 50% of our society are reciveing some sort of welfare, which means if they can get that, they qualify for medicaid."

No maam- you are way off the map! If you get welfare you do not automatically qualify for medicaid in Fl. The children qualify but the parents usually do not unless they have an extremely low income and I mean low. They get a cost share which means you must pay a share which is usually way out of their league and only after they have accumulated so much in a month in medical expenses.People who are disabled do not qualify for medicare until two years after being on disability.You do not receive medicare when you're elderly until you're 65.If you collect at 62, you do not get medicare. You have no clue of what you're talking about.

its your job to make sure crooks can get our tax paying dollars. thats right, i havnt forgot.

and i didnt say a damn thing about medicare, and that goes for ghost post as well. i said nothing baout medicare. i said medicaid. and while dreams is a welfare pusher, you dont make up the stats.

there are not really that many unisured people. ive been giving that number about 20%, but it looks like its actaully 16%. so basically we should screw up a system that gives good care to 84% of the population so 100% of the population can share crumbs.
--
Some 16.3% of Americans were uninsured in 2010, according to the bureau's report on Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States, statistically unchanged from 2009. ... The percentage of people who had health insurance through their employers fell to 55.3% in 2010, continuing a long, downward trend. In 2009, the percentage of people who had employer-provided coverage had fallen to 56.1%. ... With fewer Americans receiving health care coverage through their employers, government-funded programs like Medicare, Medicaid, military health care, the Children's Health Care Program (CHIPS) and coverage offered by various states have had to pick up the slack. In 2010, 31% of Americans relied on the government for health insurance, up from 30.6% in 2009" (Christie, 9/13

You contradict yourself then.First ,you say there are 300 million people in this country and then you say there are not that many that are not insured.If they're not that many then why are you complaining? It wouldn't be a big drain on the country then.

No contradiction here.because we are altering the whole system for a few. I have said that all along. you just dont get it. never will.

[img]ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives - Page 3 Images14[/img]

[img]ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives - Page 3 Images15[/img]

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

--

No contradiction here.because we are altering the whole system for a few. I have said that all along. you just dont get it. never will.

[img]ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives - Page 3 Images14[/img]

[img]ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives - Page 3 Images15[/img]

Why don't you study the law before you comments you can't back up? We're not altering the whole system.I am keeping my private health insurance. All we're doing is paying for private health insurance through subsidies for the uninsured and lowering healthcare costs by being competitive through exchanges. You have some kind of mental deficit that disallows the truth to enter your brain.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

--

Why don't you study the law before you comments you can't back up? We're not altering the whole system.I am keeping my private health insurance. All we're doing is paying for private health insurance through subsidies for the uninsured and lowering healthcare costs by being competitive through exchanges. You have some kind of mental deficit that disallows the truth to enter your brain.

[img]ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives - Page 3 Images16[/img]

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

--

[img]ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives - Page 3 Images16[/img]

I know-you been told that too often it's gotten boring. No insight is a hallmark of mental illness.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

--

I know-you been told that too often it's gotten boring. No insight is a hallmark of mental illness.

[img]ObamaCare's cuts to hospitals will cost seniors their lives - Page 3 40586410[/img]

No one said that the percentage of uninsured went down almost 2% since March of 2010 when the law was signed. Why? Well since Sept 2010 uninsured kids could go on their parents health plan. Some people went on the PCIP plan and will transitioned to the exchanges in Jan 2014. So aca has already helped some.

Kids cannot get an individual plan in Florida without their parent being on the plan. Kids Care is a joke, one month you may have your kid on it and the next you may not. We get several calls every month around the end of month because the bureaucratic state government kicks their kid off. I just have to say I'm sorry no one in the state will write a major medical policy on a child under 19 by themselves.

Yes, mine and your tax dollars are paying for the exchanges. Florida opted out and also of the medicaid dollars. So the exchange in Florida will be the federally facilitated plan (watch out for this). Thanks to Scott. Now this whole implementation is going to very complexed. If you are purchasing insurance thru an agent we will have a program provided to us (if you want a subsidy) that we will have to see your tax return from two years prior so you may receive the subsidy. The average person will find it to complex to work with a navigator and do it over the internet.

Anyone that has never changed their plan prior to March 23, 2010 will be on a grandfathered plan and from my understanding can keep it, but the rates will go sky high, well some estimates in the industry will be 40-60% higher. Anyone who purchased their plans after that date most likely will not be able to keep it, but be transitioned into a health care reform compliant plan.

True a big percentages have dropped and will drop their group plans because none of their accountants could navigate the paperwork for their tax deductions for carrying group insurance. After 2014 no penalty for employers with fewer than 50 employees to keep group insurance and quite a few of their employees would qualify for a subsidy anyway. Over 50 penalty is cheaper to pay per employee than paying for their health insurance (this should be interesting).

The small employers that do provide group insurance are now opting to raise their deductibles and max out of pocket's as hi as $25,000. We all know the employee with a max out of pocket this high will still stiff the hospital or file for bankruptcy and who is paying for this? Yep, we are.

So while there are many good points there are also bad ones. I would expect after the elections regardless of who wins the ahca will be reworked or tweaked to some extent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum