Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deniers: an endangered species

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deniers: an endangered species Empty Deniers: an endangered species 7/23/2015, 8:02 am

nadalfan

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2015/jul/22/global-warming-deniers-are-an-endangered-species

Propaganda works... no surprise to me. Atleast it isn't sacrilege to question agw like it was the flat earth theory.

Oh wait... it is. Some things never change.

2seaoat

Propaganda works

No, science works.

nadalfan

Either boards or sal said a while back, if you still deny climate change despite the overwhelming scientific evidence, you're never going to change your thinking. Fortunately, more people are less inclined to deny science or believe conspiracy theories and the voice of deniers is getting fainter and fainter.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/how-climate-change-deniers-got-it-very-wrong

Must be that pseudo-science that tortures the data to force the model to fit the theory/agenda. Never tried it.

Sal

Sal

The models do remarkably well with long term predictions.

Unpredictable variables have more profound effects on short term models.

That's why the models have been accurate, or sometimes even too conservative, with geographic patterns, loss of sea ice, and sea level rise.

But I guess setting impossible expectations for 100% accuracy with all predictions and models is an effective propaganda technique.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Snark Spigot wrote:The models do remarkably well with long term predictions.

I have absolutely no confidence in claims that Pensacola Beach will be flooded by the Gulf of Mexico by 2030, as some climate change alarmists are predicting. I don't think it will be flooded by 2050, either; another date pulled out of the hat.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

My opinion on climate change reflects the underlying science involved.  I can point to every single scientific organization on the planet and my view on climate change mirrors theirs. My opinion will change as the information available changes.  Should new information come to light tomorrow that suggests it is very likely the case that anthropocentric global warming is not occurring, then my opinion would change on that subject.

Contrast that with the PkrBums of the world.  His opinion does not reflect the underlying science involved.  There aren't any scientific organizations on the planet that agree with the views of the PkrBums out there. His opinion will not change as new information becomes available.  Should new information come out tomorrow that irrefutably confirms that AGW is real, his opinion would not change on the subject at all.  There is no amount of consensus or new information that could ever change PkrBum's opinion on climate change.  Period.  None.  The conclusion has already been made in his mind.  All new information that comes to light that does not support his conclusion will get filed under "massive global conspiracy".  What very little "information" comes to light from the fossil fuel industry, AM radio republicans, or a random poll of unrelated "experts" gets filed under "proof that climate change isn't real".

Long story short, there are people whose opinions evolve with the prevailing science and available information of the day; and then there are people whose opinions are simply unchangeable, and are not rooted in reality, science, or empirical observation in any way.  For all intents and purposes, their opinions may as well have been extracted directly from their own assholes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum