Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I must be a dog whistling redneck racist because I'm starting to have a change of heart about Donald Trump

+3
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually my change of heart has nothing whatever to do with any opinion about illegal immigration or the border.  

What I like about Trump is this is the first time we've had a candidate who is not a mealy mouthed career politican.  I may just vote for him if he makes it to the Florida primary.

Now I'm going to listen to some elevator music and contemplate this further while I do.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Actually my change of heart has nothing whatever to do with any opinion about illegal immigration or the border.  

What I like about Trump is this is the first time we've had a candidate who is not a mealy mouthed career politican.  I may just vote for him if he makes it to the Florida primary.

Now I'm going to listen to some elevator music and contemplate this further while I do.

WTH are you even talking about, Bob? Contemplate this:

http://mashable.com/2015/06/16/donald-trump-president-fake/

All the times Donald Trump has pretended to run for president

He made a fake bid for the Presidency in 1988, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012...and now 2016. His middle name should be "mealy mouth"...or maybe "blowhard"...or "critter". Turn off the elevator music...it's rotting your brain.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No,  actually I'm in the majority this time,  tex.  And the majority being those who are fed up with career politicians.  I despise all of them and that includes Hillary,  Sanders, and ALL of the republican politicians.  
If all politicians dropped dead tomorrow I would celebrate.
That's why I voted for Perot.  And why I'm going to vote for Trump.  And the more you politician fanboys tell me not to, it just makes me want to vote against politicians even more.

Now back to the elevator music.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat

You know Bob....I cannot criticize you on your choice of trump.....he fits you like a shoe and appeals to your values.  Thank you for being honest as to who you are.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:

Whatever one might think about his politics & policy proposals, Trump certainly is a breathe of fresh air if you ask me. He keeps on I just might vote for him in the primary too .... just like I voted for Kinky Friedman for governor when I lived out in Texas:

"In 2004, Friedman began an ostensibly serious, though colorful, campaign to become the Governor of Texas in 2006. One of his stated goals is the "dewussification" of Texas.[17] Among his campaign slogans were "How Hard Could It Be?", "Why The Hell Not?", "My Governor is a Jewish Cowboy" and "He ain't Kinky, he's my Governor"

I must be a dog whistling redneck racist because I'm starting to have a change of heart about Donald Trump 220px-Kinky_friedman_2006

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Kinky Friedman's band was The Texas Jewboys. Greatest name for a band I have ever heard of in my life. If I'd been in Texas I'd sure as fucking hell have voted for him too.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's some irony for you.

All us dog-whistling redneck racists in the south are supporting a damn New Yorker for president.
While at the same time we're convinced Carter was "the worst president ever" and he was ONE OF US goddamnit.
It's like if we were pulling for General Grant instead of General Lee. It's twilight zone'ish.

Sal

Sal

And, we wonder why our democracy is crumbling.

Fucking idiots.

Sal wrote:And, we wonder why our democracy is crumbling.

Fucking idiots.

It's pretty clear to me why our democracy is crumbling and that's because...

*****YOU'RE ONE OF MANY MORON PROGRESSIVES*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Neutral

Last edited by The Man Comes Around on 7/17/2015, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
It's like if we were pulling for General Grant instead of General Lee.  It's twilight zone'ish.

Well, Grant was a slave overseer for four or five years before the war .... so could be something to that? No?

2seaoat

Well, Grant was a slave overseer for four or five years before the war .... so could be something to that? No?

Not much context to your statement.  His wife's father owned slaves in a Missouri plantation.  He worked the land with the slaves and in fact owned one slave which he freed in 1859.  He freed him as soon as he was able, and Grant got down and dirty doing the work.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Well, Grant was a slave overseer for four or five years before the war .... so could be something to that? No?

Not much context to your statement.  His wife's father owned slaves in a Missouri plantation.  He worked the land with the slaves and in fact owned one slave which he freed in 1859.  He freed him as soon as he was able, and Grant got down and dirty doing the work.

He operated the farm on behalf of his father-in-law.   aka: overseer. (And you know that's how you'd be characterizing it if he had been on the other side of the war.)

Many visitors to Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site are surprised to learn that slaves lived and worked on the nineteenth century farm known as White Haven. During the years 1854 to 1859 Grant lived here with his wife, Julia, and their children, managing the farm for his father-in-law, Colonel Dent. http://www.nps.gov/ulsg/learn/historyculture/slaveryatwh.htm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Bob wrote:
It's like if we were pulling for General Grant instead of General Lee.  It's twilight zone'ish.

Well, Grant was a slave overseer for four or five years before the war .... so could be something to that?  No?

Being an ignorant dog whistling racist redneck, I didn't know that. So you're telling me the General who fought against southern slavery was himself a slaver?
You just can't make this shit up.

2seaoat

So you're telling me the General who fought against southern slavery was himself a slaver?

Grant was not successful enough to be a slaver.  His wife's family had money and he moved to her father's plantation where his wife owned five slaves and in that process he had one slave.  He worked along side the slaves, and after he proved that he was not a very effective farmer he gave up and at great personal expense freed his slave in 1859, something unheard of but Grant decided to return home and get help from his father who eventually moved his tannery to Galena Illinois which today is a remarkable historically preserved city.  I go there every July or August with four couples to play golf, but this year they understand that I will just ride along.  If you ever have the opportunity, Galena is a must see.  Especially the museum on top of the hill.  They have great restaurants, and we used to take the kids to the old hotel which is the Desoto house.  They have a room on the second floor where President Lincoln and President Grant talked to the gathered citizens below.....we stayed in that room and the kids really were old enough to understand how cool that was.  They loved the old curved staircase that Lincoln and Grant used.....a must see location.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: he moved to her father's plantation where his wife owned five slaves and in that process he had one slave. 

So, since this character had only one slave, then that doesn't qualify him to be a slave owner?
Jesus what convoluted reasoning.

2seaoat

I did not say that.  I said he was a reluctant slave owner(married a wife who had slaves, and a father in law who had a plantation in Missouri) and really never approved.  He did something few did.  Freed his slave when he could have sold him for a great amount of money, and he was broke.  He had to go beg his father for 500 bucks to support his family and he could have gotten that money allowing his slave to remain a slave.  How is that for convoluted logic?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

,” Grant wrote his father in 1862. He generally stayed away from the politics of slavery, although he once had employed his wife’s slaves. “I have no hobby of my own with regard to the Negro, either to effect his freedom or to continue his bondage. If Congress pass any law and the President approves, I am willing to execute it,” Grant wrote.

2seaoat

I am willing to execute it,” Grant wrote.

Yes he did.....President Lincoln knew he had a general who could execute a plan and win.  Grant was as tough as nails and could grind it out, but his failings in life prepared him for those very characteristics which made him successful in defeating the terrorists.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I am willing to execute it,” Grant wrote.

Yes he did.....President Lincoln knew he had a general who could execute a plan and win.  Grant was as tough as nails and could grind it out, but his failings in life prepared him for those very characteristics which made him successful in defeating the terrorists.

The south was exercising their secession rights under the constitution. Lincoln was no better than Hitler giving orders to his dim lackeys like Grant...Who were just following orders....

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Bob wrote:

Well, Grant was a slave overseer for four or five years before the war .... so could be something to that?  No?

Being an ignorant dog whistling racist redneck,  I didn't know that.  So you're telling me the General who fought against southern slavery was himself a slaver?

You just can't make this shit up.

He had previously been practically kicked out of the Army previously for being a poor Officer and notorious drunk .. when the civil war started coming around he had to beg & use his father-in-laws connections to get his commission back.

In 1862 he issued General Order #11 expelling all Jews from his military district in Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, & Kentucky. Lincoln had to order him to rescind it.

But he's still a hero to SeaOat.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Long before he ran for president, Lincoln himself had twice affirmed the right of secession and even armed revolution. His scruples changed when he came to power. Only a few weeks after taking office, he wrote an order for the arrest of Chief Justice Roger Taney, who had attacked his unconstitutional suspension of habeas corpus. His most recent biographer has said that during Lincoln’s administration there were “greater infringements on individual liberties than in any other period in American history.”

As a practical matter, the Civil War established the supremacy of the federal government over the formerly sovereign states. The states lost any power of resisting the federal government’s usurpations, and the long decline toward a totally consolidated central government began.

By 1973, the federal government was so powerful that the U.S. Supreme Court could insult the Constitution by striking down the abortion laws of all 50 states; and there was nothing the states, long since robbed of the right to secede, could do about it. That outrage was made possible by Lincoln’s triumphant war against the states, which was really his dark victory over the Constitution he was sworn to preserve.

MADE US ALL SLAVES !!

2seaoat

Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, Chamberlain.....all heroes defeating the taliban terrorists.

2seaoat

Loser terrorists never write history.  My American flag flies proudly this morning knowing that the terrorists who will murder innocent people in church will be crushed like the pisz ants they are......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum