Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP candidates

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
EmeraldGhost
boards of FL
nadalfan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1GOP candidates  Empty GOP candidates 7/14/2015, 5:13 pm

nadalfan

I've asked before, with no response, but I'll try again.

Here's a list of the gop candidates running for president. (I think that's all of them)

trump
bush
walker
christie
graham
rubio
cruz
carson
paul
perry
huckabee
santorum
fiorina
jindal
pataki

Both parties have acknowledged that income inequality is an issue.
Is there a specific policy presented by one of these that will help the middle class or that will address income inequality? If so, do you agree with it and why?

2GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/14/2015, 5:15 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Work more hours!

3GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/14/2015, 5:17 pm

nadalfan

boards of FL wrote:Work more hours!

haha, ok other than that

4GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 9:21 am

nadalfan

still nothing? with that many candidates?

5GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 9:30 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

I wish I could say I was surprised.

6GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 9:36 am

Well Mr Moderator,

Anything that is the opposite of what has been offered in the last six years and seven months could be a start. It is obvious that this administration doesn't have a clue and the policies pushed forth have failed. So, if you are purporting that more of the same medicine is what will cure what ails us, I think your thought plan is lacking logic.

7GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 9:39 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Demssuck wrote:Anything that is the opposite of what has been offered in the last six years and seven months could be a start.

And there we have it.  They know absolutely nothing about policy.  They can't name any policy that they actually support.  

All they know is that they will support (insert whatever is the opposite of what democrats are doing).

This is the very definition of a low information voter.

Demssuck, if you support the opposite of what has been offered in the last six years and seven months, can you at least state what that policy would be specifically?  Or do you need that to be spoon fed to you as well?

Can any other forum republican state what that would be specifically?

Last edited by boards of FL on 7/15/2015, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

8GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 9:40 am

Obviously, any policy that your party offers is laden with failure. We have 79 months of it to review.

9GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 9:41 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Demssuck wrote:Obviously, any policy that your party offers is laden with failure. We have 79 months of it to review.

Do you understand what the term 'specifically' means?

I'm asking you to state - specifically - the policy that you support. Can you do that?

10GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 12:20 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Well?

11GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 12:47 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

At this stage of the game .... I'd have to say I'd go for Trump. Don't know how he'd do, but ya gotta admit he'd be the most interesting/fun to have for President. Late night talk shows & comedians would have a 4 year field day!

12GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 12:48 pm

2seaoat

I think Bush could show moderation, but sadly I have become gun shy on Republicans at the national level......I sense as this thread suggests that the American People are no longer their constituents.   I have voted every Presidential election for a Republican, with Johnson in the last election being a Republican Libertarian candidate.  I have never voted for a Democrat, but I want concrete policy which helps median income and job creation, but there is no policy....no platform....just jealousy of the success of the President who in fact is working for Americans.

Donald Trump....you have to be kidding.

13GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 12:50 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:At this stage of the game .... I'd have to say I'd go for Trump.   Don't know how he'd do, but ya gotta admit he'd be the most interesting/fun to have for President.   Late night talk shows & comedians would have a 4 year field day!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the republican base!

They can't name even one policy that they support, and they view Donald Trump favorably!

14GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 1:15 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Poster Demssuck is the reincarnation of poster PaceDog/KarlRove. You knew he could not quit the forum for good, ya know?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

15GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 1:21 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Demssuck wrote:Obviously, any policy that your party offers is laden with failure. We have 79 months of it to review.

In other words, you have no positives, only negatives, to offer...same as your party. The same ol' same ol' failed policies...granted with a new "spin" on saving the middle class...using the same ol' same ol' policies that came close to destroying the middle class. Got it.

Jon Stewart Slams The New Ideas Republicans Have For 2016: “It’s The Exact Same F*cking Thing!” (Video) January 27, 2015 By Allen Clifton

It never ceases to amaze me how conservatives continue to still buy into Republican economic rhetoric. It’s literally the same crap year after year, decade after decade. Their entire economic ideology rests upon tax cuts and deregulation. While economics is far from a simple subject, the fact that demand is the leading driver behind almost all job creation really isn’t. If there’s demand for a product or service, there will be a company out there providing that product or service. If that company (or even an individual) can’t meet the demand for their product or service, their business will either suffer (because another company or person will), or they’ll have to grow (create jobs) in order to satisfy demand. As long as there’s money to be made, there will be companies out there trying to make it whether their tax rate is 35 percent or 45 percent. Because the truth is, while $500 million might be less than $800 million – it’s still better than no million. If you want to see what too much deregulation (or proper enforcement of regulation) gets us, look no further than the 2008 economic crash; the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas; the BP oil spill; or the Elk River chemical spill last year. Greedy companies will get away with whatever they think they can. They don’t care if they destroy our environment, crash our economy or even kill people, just as long as the revenue they make outweighs whatever consequences they might deal with later on. Nevertheless, none of this glaring reality ever seems to dampen the spirits of Republicans who continually blather on and on about the same old debunked trickle-down economics lies they’ve been using for years. It’s a point Jon Stewart perfectly hammered last night when covering the comments made by several 2016 GOP presidential hopefuls who seemed rather disgusted at the thought of Mitt Romney once again running for president. The big push by many of these candidates has been the need for “something new” to drive the GOP ticket in 2016. And, obviously, Romney isn’t anything new. Stewart played several clips of these candidates offering their “new” ideas heading into the next presidential election. First was Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker who championed his “new” idea of – lowering taxes. Next was Rick Perry who ushered in the “new” idea of – deregulation. And finally, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) proclaiming the “new” idea – that we must repeal “Obamacare.” “See! It’s a complete turnaround from what Mitt Romney with his 47 percent moocher class rhetoric was running on,” said Stewart before playing several clips from Romney’s 2012 campaign where he: Promised to lower taxes. Pushed for deregulation. Promised to repeal “Obamacare” on his first day in office – even though as president he wouldn’t have had the power to do that. “Oh, it’s the exact same f*cking thing,” he mocked. “Basically, it’s the Republicans universal cure,” Stewart continued. “It’s like penicillin, if penicillin never cured your chlamydia and just made your doctor really rich.” And he’s absolutely right. It’s comical that Republicans are trying to act as if “there’s a different GOP coming in 2016″ – when they’re running on the same crap they’ve been using for years. Didn’t we just have a tax-cutting, deregulating Republican in the White House from 2000-2008? Remind me again, how did that work out for the U.S.? Let’s just use some common sense, shall we? For nearly 40 years we’ve been governed under the economic ideological belief of trickle-down economics. The belief that low taxes will give more to the job creators (aka the rich), and that excess will then spill over to the rest of us. And for nearly that exact same amount of time wages in this country for the poor and middle class have been flat, while the richest among us have flourished like never before. Right now, around 42-44 percent of our nation’s wealth is owned by just 1 percent of our population. Exactly how much more do they need before that starts trickling down? And are there really people out there who believe that without regulations businesses would simply choose to act morally and ethically? Because with regulations many don’t, so how would the behavior of these unethical companies (and there are many) improve with fewer regulations? So as much as Republicans like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry and Scott Walker are going to act as if 2016 is going to be a “new beginning for the GOP,” the truth lies in exactly what Stewart said. In 2016, the Republican message to voters – is going to be the exact same f*cking thing it was in 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992….you get the picture. Watch the segment below via Comedy Central:

(video at site)

Read more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/jon-stewart-slams-new-ideas-republicans-2016-same-exact-thing/

16GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 1:35 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

In other words, you have no positives, only negatives, to offer...same as your party.  The same ol' same ol' failed policies...granted with a new "spin" on saving the middle class...using the same ol' same ol' policies that came close to destroying the middle class.  Got it.

Jon Stewart Slams The New Ideas Republicans Have For 2016: “It’s The Exact Same F*cking Thing!” (Video) January 27, 2015 By Allen Clifton

It never ceases to amaze me how conservatives continue to still buy into Republican economic rhetoric. It’s literally the same crap year after year, decade after decade. Their entire economic ideology rests upon tax cuts and deregulation. While economics is far from a simple subject, the fact that demand is the leading driver behind almost all job creation really isn’t. If there’s demand for a product or service, there will be a company out there providing that product or service. If that company (or even an individual) can’t meet the demand for their product or service, their business will either suffer (because another company or person will), or they’ll have to grow (create jobs) in order to satisfy demand. As long as there’s money to be made, there will be companies out there trying to make it whether their tax rate is 35 percent or 45 percent. Because the truth is, while $500 million might be less than $800 million – it’s still better than no million. If you want to see what too much deregulation (or proper enforcement of regulation) gets us, look no further than the 2008 economic crash; the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas; the BP oil spill; or the Elk River chemical spill last year. Greedy companies will get away with whatever they think they can. They don’t care if they destroy our environment, crash our economy or even kill people, just as long as the revenue they make outweighs whatever consequences they might deal with later on. Nevertheless, none of this glaring reality ever seems to dampen the spirits of Republicans who continually blather on and on about the same old debunked trickle-down economics lies they’ve been using for years. It’s a point Jon Stewart perfectly hammered last night when covering the comments made by several 2016 GOP presidential hopefuls who seemed rather disgusted at the thought of Mitt Romney once again running for president. The big push by many of these candidates has been the need for “something new” to drive the GOP ticket in 2016. And, obviously, Romney isn’t anything new. Stewart played several clips of these candidates offering their “new” ideas heading into the next presidential election. First was Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker who championed his “new” idea of – lowering taxes. Next was Rick Perry who ushered in the “new” idea of – deregulation. And finally, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) proclaiming the “new” idea – that we must repeal “Obamacare.” “See! It’s a complete turnaround from what Mitt Romney with his 47 percent moocher class rhetoric was running on,” said Stewart before playing several clips from Romney’s 2012 campaign where he: Promised to lower taxes. Pushed for deregulation. Promised to repeal “Obamacare” on his first day in office – even though as president he wouldn’t have had the power to do that. “Oh, it’s the exact same f*cking thing,” he mocked. “Basically, it’s the Republicans universal cure,” Stewart continued. “It’s like penicillin, if penicillin never cured your chlamydia and just made your doctor really rich.” And he’s absolutely right. It’s comical that Republicans are trying to act as if “there’s a different GOP coming in 2016″ – when they’re running on the same crap they’ve been using for years. Didn’t we just have a tax-cutting, deregulating Republican in the White House from 2000-2008? Remind me again, how did that work out for the U.S.? Let’s just use some common sense, shall we? For nearly 40 years we’ve been governed under the economic ideological belief of trickle-down economics. The belief that low taxes will give more to the job creators (aka the rich), and that excess will then spill over to the rest of us. And for nearly that exact same amount of time wages in this country for the poor and middle class have been flat, while the richest among us have flourished like never before. Right now, around 42-44 percent of our nation’s wealth is owned by just 1 percent of our population. Exactly how much more do they need before that starts trickling down? And are there really people out there who believe that without regulations businesses would simply choose to act morally and ethically? Because with regulations many don’t, so how would the behavior of these unethical companies (and there are many) improve with fewer regulations? So as much as Republicans like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry and Scott Walker are going to act as if 2016 is going to be a “new beginning for the GOP,” the truth lies in exactly what Stewart said. In 2016, the Republican message to voters – is going to be the exact same f*cking thing it was in 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992….you get the picture. Watch the segment below via Comedy Central:

(video at site)

Read more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/jon-stewart-slams-new-ideas-republicans-2016-same-exact-thing/

It's not my fault the POTUS has sucked. It is the fault of Democrats that he was elected twice.

17GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/15/2015, 1:39 pm

2seaoat

It's not my fault the POTUS has sucked

He went to good schools.

18GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/16/2015, 8:00 am

nadalfan

anything?

19GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/21/2015, 9:31 am

nadalfan

still nothing?

20GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/21/2015, 9:37 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-21/john-kasich-s-economic-plan-hinges-on-growth-in-business?cmpid=yhoo

21GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/21/2015, 10:23 am

nadalfan

Bob wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-21/john-kasich-s-economic-plan-hinges-on-growth-in-business?cmpid=yhoo

tell me more about him
I know he expanded medicaid under the ACA
will his policies help the middle class?

22GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/21/2015, 10:43 am

Sal

Sal

Kasich is the least objectionable of the GOP freak show, so he'll never make it through the primary.

I mean for gawd's sake, he actually had the temerity to raise some taxes.

He'll either be completely ignored, or ripped to shreds should he gain some traction.

23GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/21/2015, 11:08 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

nadalfan wrote:
tell me more about him

I'm a long time viewer of "cable news".  Early on when Kasich was in Congress he was seen very often on it.  What I remember is that he always came across as level headed and common sense smart on economic stuff (he was the House Budget Committee Chairman).  And what I also liked is he wasn't just another rabble rousing extremist always blabbering about creationism and abortion and prayer in the schools and all that stuff like so many republican politicians.  

He no longer has any national name recognition (he would have back then) so he may not be able to break through this huge pack of crazies.  But I'm hoping that somehow he can.

24GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/21/2015, 12:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ohio Governor John Kasich's prescription for torpid economic growth and wages focuses on increasing business investment and lowering taxes.

Kasich, the two-term Republican governor who is expected to announce his presidential bid Tuesday, also wants to return U.S. corporate profits from overseas in what he has said would be “the biggest stimulus program we could have.”

“What I'm going to focus on is the business investment,” Kasich said in a July 8 interview in South Carolina. “This is the single biggest thing, in my judgment, that would help us to overcome wage stagnation.”

“He can say, 'If I can turn around Ohio, I can turn around America.'”

Stephen Moore
Kasich, 63, hasn't produced a detailed plan and declined to name the economists with whom he consults or who would advise him. He mentioned previously speaking with Larry Kudlow of CNBC, however, and Heritage Foundation visiting fellow Stephen Moore came to Ohio on May 19 to testify on behalf of Kasich's plan to lower income-tax rates by raising levies on sales and other consumption.

A former member of Congress who as chairman of the House Budget Committee at the end of the 1990s helped produce the nation's last balanced federal budget, Kasich has talked in general terms of policies he would pursue. They start with moving back toward a balanced budget. He said that would give businesses confidence to invest.

Kasich said he would change expensing and depreciation to spur spending on factories and equipment. He said that will help workers be more productive and improve wages. He also has said he'll have a plan to repatriate U.S. profits.

“We should be growing so much faster than this, which is what creates the jobs,” Kasich said during a July 8 speech in Bluffton, South Carolina. “If you don't have economic growth, nothing else works.”

Wages still haven't fully recovered from the greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression. Median U.S. household income increased to $55,192 in May, yet still remained $1,265 below the December 2007 mark at the beginning of the recession, according to inflation-adjusted estimates by Sentier Research in Annapolis, Maryland.

Nonresidential business fixed investment has increased just 8.05 percent in the seven years since it peaked in the first quarter of 2008. That compares with an increase of 19.45 percent at this point in the last recovery, according to Tim Quinlan, an economist with Wells Fargo Securities in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Kasich talks often about the need for a lower income tax and even vowed to eliminate Ohio's when he ran for governor in 2010. Kasich cut taxes in his last two budgets with the ultimate goal of phasing out the state income tax, a goal he has not yet reached.

He previously has said he favors reducing the corporate tax rate and has spoken with Steve Forbes, the publisher and a former Republican presidential candidate, about his flat tax plan.

Ohio has recovered all the private jobs it lost from the recession and ranks 12th among states in economic health from the fourth quarter of 2010, before Kasich took office, through the same period last year, according to the Bloomberg Economic Evaluation of States.

“He has an impressive fiscal and economic record, and that's the case for Kasich,” said Moore, who helped start the Committee to Unleash Prosperity this year with Kudlow, Forbes, and economist Arthur Laffer. “He can say, 'If I can turn around Ohio, I can turn around America.'”

While other Republican candidates are also discussing economic growth and lower taxes, Kasich is the only one emphasizing increased business investment, said Douglas Holtz-Eakin, an economist who has advised Republican candidates and now serves as president of the “center-right” American Action Forum policy institute in Washington.

Holtz-Eakin said such investment is one of the quickest ways to stimulate growth, and the lack of company spending compared with other recoveries has been a hindrance.

“He's got the diagnosis right,” Holtz-Eakin said.

For economic conservatives, Moore said, one “Achilles-heel issue” for Kasich is his decision to expand Medicaid under President Barack Obama's health-care overhaul, which many fiscal conservatives oppose.

An economist who once headed the Club for Growth, an organization that is dogmatic about cutting taxes and the size of government, Moore said he's not satisfied by the explanation Kasich has offered for cooperating with the president's health care program.

“He's got to come up with an answer that is better than, 'I like poor people, I want to help poor people,'” said Moore,. “That's not an answer that conservatives are very persuaded by.”

This is classic "trickle-down", and it will not work. The way to stimulate the economy is to put more money into the pockets of the majority of people...not the elitist 1% who want to exploit working people by making them bear the burden of the "business incentives" to the people who elected him. Laffer and his curve have been proven invalid. An across-the-board flat tax in regressive and would, again, along with higher sales taxes, further impact the purchasing power of large numbers of people...especially the poor.

When he talks about corporations paying US taxes, what he really means is substantial tax reduction for corporations doing business overseas when they agree, reluctantly, to pay taxes in the US instead of hiding profits in foreign subsidiaries...or lockboxes...or secret accounts...this is the norm for the GOP...to allow these corporations to "repatriate" for a "one-time" greatly reduced rate...but then it happens over and over again.

Changing "expensing" and depreciation are accounting tricks that were common in the Reagan/Bush years.

This is Reaganomics.

GOP candidates  Reaganomics

25GOP candidates  Empty Re: GOP candidates 7/21/2015, 12:43 pm

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
This is classic "trickle-down", and it will not work.  The way to stimulate the economy is to put more money into the pockets of the majority of people...not the elitist 1% who want to exploit working people by making them bear the burden of the "business incentives" to the people who elected him.  Laffer and his curve have been proven invalid.  An across-the-board flat tax in regressive and would, again, along with higher sales taxes, further impact the purchasing power of large numbers of people...especially the poor.

When he talks about corporations paying US taxes, what he really means is substantial tax reduction for corporations doing business overseas when they agree, reluctantly, to pay taxes in the US instead of hiding profits in foreign subsidiaries...or lockboxes...or secret accounts...this is the norm for the GOP...to allow these corporations to "repatriate" for a "one-time" greatly reduced rate...but then it happens over and over again.

Changing "expensing" and depreciation are accounting tricks that were common in the Reagan/Bush years.  

This is Reaganomics.

I can't disagree with anything you've written here, FT.

That having been said, he's still the least objectionable candidate in the freak show.

And, that's really sad for our country.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum