Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taking out an old bathtub

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Empty Re: Taking out an old bathtub 7/16/2015, 9:17 pm

I doubt you'll need a pulley system... by the time you aren't able to transfer yourself it's impractical to use a tub.

52Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Empty Re: Taking out an old bathtub 7/16/2015, 10:15 pm

2seaoat

Not much of a bath person, but I just realized a bath may alleviate some of the pain.....the wife is happy, and I am happy and cannot wait to trim it out....we are now talking about redoing the rest of the bathroom....boy that bath felt great on my back and liver area......

Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Fillin10

53Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Empty Re: Taking out an old bathtub 7/16/2015, 10:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good for you Seaoat. Next is a hot tub.

54Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Empty Re: Taking out an old bathtub 7/16/2015, 10:22 pm

2seaoat

I doubt you'll need a pulley system... by the time you aren't able to transfer yourself it's impractical to use a tub.

I agree.  I got out of the tub without the grab bars tonight.  It was not that bad.  I think we are going to mount the grab bar in the middle of the tub which will allow me to pull myself up.....I can do that now, and we will put a grab bar on the plumbing control wall so as I am pulling myself up I can grab the same to get my balance.  I got in and out without assistance.  As tired as I am getting, I still have some juice left.  Thanks for all the ideas when we started, it certainly gave me extra eyes and extra thought......a very very very happy wife tonight.  Moving to a River house was both of our dreams, but her losing her baths for the last two years was selfish on my part.

55Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Empty Re: Taking out an old bathtub 7/31/2015, 12:25 pm

2seaoat

I apologize for the orientation, but it shows the curved shower curtain, the walnut trim and shelf installed.  Also installed one grab bar by the end of the tub away from the drain.  We will wait to add the second grab bar when things get worse.  We have decided to build a handicap accessible entrance to the house.  I am going to build using landscape blocks a shell, and then calculate the ramp angles and material.  I will start a new thread on the same this weekend when the block gets delivered.  Small projects and as much activity that I can handle in the heat.  I was up at 5 am cutting the forty....have to stop after 10 am....too damn hot.

Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Finish11

56Taking out an old bathtub - Page 3 Empty Re: Taking out an old bathtub 7/31/2015, 2:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very nice!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum