Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you ever want to count your blessings

+5
nadalfan
Sal
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

knothead

knothead

HM allow me to join others here giving words of comfort and solace during the treatment of your loving wife . . . . . I have no words of wisdom . . . . only sorrow for the emotional pain which I cannot imagine. So sorry!

For DE I agree with Sal . . . . .

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My prayers are with you Hallmark. Sounds like she's getting getting the best care anyone could get. Also I know she's got a pretty good man at her side...

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My sweet loving dad died of lung cancer. Chemo and radiation were not an option. So glad I was able to care for and comfort him. He died with me holding on to him.

Vikingwoman

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I have always said he often shows intelligence and perspective to an issue,

That's bullshit.

He's an abject moron with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Sorry about your hardship, Hallmark.

Stay strong.

My wish for your loved one is nothing but comfort and peace.

I agree. Another ridiculous opinion by Oatie. There's nothing intelligent about a man that puts 18 picture posts on a thread by himself.

2seaoat

Another ridiculous opinion by Oatie.

As a christian my opinion has always been to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is hurting. I usually just ignore DE, but something simply is not right there, and piling on neither helps or will change his behavior. You seem to find glee in a person who may have issues and like a reflex which cannot be filtered attack that person, and not the merits of the post. There has been nothing of merit in DE posts on this thread.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Another ridiculous opinion by Oatie.

As a christian my opinion has always been to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is hurting.  I usually just ignore DE, but something simply is not right there, and piling on neither helps or will change his behavior.  You seem to find glee in a person who may have issues and like a reflex which cannot be filtered attack that person, and not the merits of the post.  There has been nothing of merit in DE posts on this thread.

Hey Oatie tell your patronizing crap to DE when he calls me a bitch or the "C" word. And take your own advice when you start attacking people about their intelligence and concepts. Oh the humanity!

2seaoat

attacking people about their intelligence and concepts. Oh the humanity!

If correcting someone who is confused on concepts is attacking people, I would agree, but I start with the substance and procedures of a concept, and consistently you have difficulty with higher level thought and concepts.  That does not mean that you are not intelligent, you are intelligent, but you often have no experience and training in areas where a concept is being discussed and you have a tendency to fill in the blanks which now turns the concept into something it is not.......then you get mad at me.....then you say whoever I am mad at is crazy or mentally ill.  This behavior has been repeated over and over again.  I do not approve of DE posts on this thread, but I do not think doing the same thing back at him on this particular thread was or is appropriate.  Now, I never saw him call you the C word, and you know I have NEVER called you such a name or swore at you, or even become angry with you, I simply challenge your thoughts.....sometimes you are enjoyable when you stick to the substance and procedures, but when you go off the reservation, and in attempting to guide you back you attack.....well it makes me smile, and I have never been angry at you, I leave that to you......it is always entertaining.

Vikingwoman

Well that's your opinion Oatie and that's all it is...an opinion. Now that's a concept you've never been able to achieve. Your opinion vs facts. You are entitled to that opinion,however. Now as far as DE is concerned I usually ignore him even when he said "shut up bitch" the other day. Yes,he has called me ugly names and I have called him a pervert. He does not like my stance on families having sex w/ each other and I make no apologies for that. You now, got on me when Chrissy said she hoped you die from your cancer and I berated her. Now DE made an ugly statement about Hallmark's wife cancer and you berated him. What's the difference?

2seaoat

I am not sure this thread is appropriate to compound DE posts.  I will pass, but you are welcome to whack me on another thread.

If you ever want to count your blessings - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1UGD8hW64y1pQlpUXseb-GZigVfQso8b3pURIp1Z4VQNYzWxq3Q

Don't stop now.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

Smile

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:I am not sure this thread is appropriate to compound DE posts.  I will pass, but you are welcome to whack me on another thread.

Of course you'll pass, you don't have a good defense.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I am not sure this thread is appropriate to compound DE posts.  I will pass, but you are welcome to whack me on another thread.

When has that ever stopped seaoat ?

RealLindaL

Hallmark, I'm so sorry for what you and your dear wife are having to endure, and will hope for the best possible outcome of all your travails.  I'm a cancer survivor myself, but one who very fortunately never had to undergo chemo -- so I'm sure I can't begin to imagine how hard that is for you to watch or for your wife to deal with.  

As to the radiation treatments for the one tumor, I'm confident that was NO fun either, but congratulations to you both on the encouraging results!!  

It's so good to know you're able to maintain hope, and that you apparently have top notch medical care.  Won't tell you to "hang in there," because what choice do you have??  Besides, you're obviously already doing a very fine job of exactly that.  Surely your wife is grateful beyond words for your strong and steadfast support.

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

When has that ever stopped seaoat ?

LOL true dat! Oatie makes me laugh sometimes though w/ reading his posts like he's King Solomon or something and his word is final.

Hallmarkgard

Thank you very much RealLinda .   I really apreaciate the kind words after all my smart ass comments I have made to you.  Your true character has shown though and I am humbled.   You are correct about having a choice.  When hard times come,  you have no choice but to do the right thing.   When you can accept that, then what you have to is not all that hard.  You become one with the issue and everything else takes 2nd place.  This is my second time having to deal with the slow death of a loved one. I will not expound on the operation that killed my other wife.   When a loved one passes, you all ways question "Did I do enought?  Did I make the right choices for them?"  Did I really try and spend enought time with them".   When they are gone,  the things that you thought were so important , are not.    Thank for reminding me with your caring post.

RealLindaL

Hallmarkgard wrote:Thank you very much RealLinda .   I really apreaciate the kind words after all my smart ass comments I have made to you.  Your true character has shown though and I am humbled.   You are correct about having a choice.  When hard times come,  you have no choice but to do the right thing.   When you can accept that, then what you have to is not all that hard.  You become one with the issue and everything else takes 2nd place.  This is my second time having to deal with the slow death of a loved one. I will not expound on the operation that killed my other wife.   When a loved one passes, you all ways question "Did I do enought?  Did I make the right choices for them?"  Did I really try and spend enought time with them".   When they are gone,  the things that you thought were so important , are not.    Thank for reminding me with your caring post.

Hallmark, your post is full of warmth and wisdom and I, for one, am immensely grateful to you for sharing both your thoughts and your obviously very big heart.   Please remember to be good to yourself even as you continue doing the very best you can for your loved one.  No one could ever ask for more.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very kind words from both of you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum