Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you ever want to count your blessings

+5
nadalfan
Sal
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hallmarkgard

Spend the day in a chemo infusion room...

2seaoat

Spend the day in a chemo infusion room...

Thank you for posting this.....I have once a month for three years seen the most courageous human beings showing human dignity in insurmountable odds.  I know your pain right now is so overwhelming.  I have watched the pain of caretakers.....it is the deepest sadness which they bare.  I hope you are doing well.  The only time I become sad is when I see my wife and kids sadness.  My first visit to an infusion floor was at Moffit Cancer center in Tampa......it was overpowering....the courage of those dying amazed me, but the tangible sadness of their caretakers overwhelmed me.  

Two months ago I saw a complete breakdown of the staff as a young mother who had a newborn and two other children left from a blood draw......such horrible suffering.......such horrible pain......somewhere may you find your path to peace, and I pray your wife has more quality time to spend with you.......I do not take any day for granted for each day is a gift, and a celebration of life.

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkGUVvRymqsEc-16SE6mdknaYCAc9b-XQUbiNY0717vAHmb6Gd6Q

I hope you had one of these done while you were at it.

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa6pKymmy6w

Smile

2seaoat

I hope you had one of these done while you were at it.

Damaged Eagle......Hallmark's wife is gravely ill.  You probably are a good man who only plays in this sandbox to stir up thought, but Hallmark is a friend who is suffering with his own health issues and is watching his wife fight the most difficult cancer.   I am speechless with the hate I see posted here in regard to racism and the total callous lack of understanding of common decency.   I will simply hope you were ignorant of his pain right now, and you thought you would throw sand at him.....but his pain is not pretend.....it is not a fantasy on a forum.....it is tragically overwhelming right now.  Please do not leave your humanity when you log in here.

Vikingwoman

What do you mean "left from a blood draw?"

Hallmarkgard

We had a 8 hour session today.
Watching the nurses put on protective gear as they load up pure poison to pump into your loved one is all most beyond words to describe. I thought of the many posts Mr Oats has made on the subject. In some strange way , it gave me strength. Such places are full of raw emotions and people bravely fight for what little life they have left. Life that many of us take for granted. It is not a place for pity. It is a place of pure bravery. People braver than the people I shared my life with in a place far away from the States. I dont know if I could do it. Talk is cheap but the real heros are the ones that suffer the ordeal in order to spend just maybe a few more days with the family they care about. I have saw some hard times. I thought I knew what courage was. I dont.

No,I did not post this for pity. Because it is not about me. It is about those who fight for what we piss away....

Mr Oats has done a great service by posting what he has. It has given me a guide line to follow. For that I am grateful

2seaoat wrote:I hope you had one of these done while you were at it.

Damaged Eagle......Hallmark's wife is gravely ill.  You probably are a good man who only plays in this sandbox to stir up thought, but Hallmark is a friend who is suffering with his own health issues and is watching his wife fight the most difficult cancer.   I am speechless with the hate I see posted here in regard to racism and the total callous lack of understanding of common decency.   I will simply hope you were ignorant of his pain right now, and you thought you would throw sand at him.....but his pain is not pretend.....it is not a fantasy on a forum.....it is tragically overwhelming right now.  Please do not leave your humanity when you log in here.

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-0xiw-EvvYlNbyQ-FDTqjvrl-5UJsh4A4VQva8SEB680mno5Biw

With the way he's treated me I could give a damn less about him or his feelings.

I notice you felt a need to include something in your post about your racism... This is your problem and not mine.

My humanity is doing just fine. Both my good and evil sides.

I have plenty of things going on that you and everyone else here don't know about and part of the reason is because of people like Hallmark, Dreams, Floridatexan, etc... So you won't see me posting them here.

So I'll repeat... I could give a damn about his problems. So don't attempt to preach to me about my humanity when I find even yours lacking.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile

Hallmarkgard wrote:We had a 8 hour session today.  
Watching the nurses put on protective  gear as they load up pure poison to pump into your loved one is all most beyond words to describe.  I thought of the many posts Mr Oats has made on the subject.  In some strange way , it gave me strength.  Such places are full of raw emotions and people bravely fight for what little life they have left.  Life that many of us take for granted.  It is not a place for pity.  It is a place of pure bravery.  People braver than the people I shared my life with in a place far away from the States. I dont know if I could do it.   Talk is cheap but the real heros are the ones that suffer the ordeal in order to spend just maybe a few more days with the family they care about.  I have saw some hard times.  I thought I knew what courage was.  I dont.  

No,I did not post this for pity. Because it is not about me.  It is about those who fight for what we piss away....

Mr Oats has done a great service by posting what he has.  It has given me a guide line to follow.  For that I am grateful

Sending good thoughts your wife's way, Hallmark. I think of all I learned about life as I watched my father die. Even then he taught me. I miss him.

2seaoat

It is important to post your experiences.  The C word often creates panic which only compounds very difficult situations.  What we share on these forums can be constructive and help people.  I have been blessed with a very slow cancer which will most certainly kill me.  However, it is the life that is important, and sharing the experience of cancer should not be something which we hush and avoid.  We will all lose people close to us to this disease.  We can all learn by sharing.  In regard to your question Dreams, much of the treatment for cancer is  determined by tests.....usually blood draws.   Over time you get to know people when you go to the infusion floor.  This beautiful young woman with a newborn came into the blood draw area of the infusion floor and after she left the staff was uncontrollably crying.  It takes incredible strength for these health workers do their job.   They can become callous and insulated, or they can reach out and treat those who are dying not as lepers but as human beings who are living.....I see amazing things once a month......I will see the same this Friday when I meet with my Doctor's head nurse to review my most recent tests, and then to the infusion floor.......very very very sad, but each visit I see amazing courage and hope.  Please take nothing for granted and enjoy each and every day......it is a beautiful world and a great country we live, and sometimes we can make the same better or we can make it worse.....a smile has a universal application.

Hallmarkgard

This post was made by Damaged Eagle who is currently on your ignore list LOL Yep Still works....

Hallmarkgard wrote:This post was made by Damaged Eagle who is currently on your ignore list  LOL  Yep  Still works....

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLW4W9213gFNk-RRWRkSj5tmOUCnhqI41OpvOM2k8f4rPNqHYM

Good!

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMGZGjob4U

Smile

2seaoat

Eagle I guess you have a lot going on in your life.  I am sad for you.  Please feel free to attack me......I am a big boy who loves getting whacked, but I sense your problems are far greater than any of us ever imagined.  I try to give you the respect of a few debates, but there is a lot going on in your life which you just admitted and might explain some of your posts.

Vikingwoman

Damaged Eagle wrote:

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-0xiw-EvvYlNbyQ-FDTqjvrl-5UJsh4A4VQva8SEB680mno5Biw

With the way he's treated me I could give a damn less about him or his feelings.

I notice you felt a need to include something in your post about your racism... This is your problem and not mine.

I have plenty of things going on that you and everyone else here don't know about and part of the reason is because of people like Hallmark, Dreams, Floridatexan, etc... So you won't see me posting them here.

So I'll repeat... I could give a damn about his problems. So don't attempt to preach to me about my humanity when I find even yours lacking.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Then why don't you get the F*** out of here? You don't contribute anything but stupidity and hate. Nobody even talks to you.

2seaoat

Then why don't you get the F*** out of here? You don't contribute anything but stupidity and hate. Nobody even talks to you.

It would help if he talked about some of his real life challenges so we better understood his positions, but I have always said he often shows intelligence and perspective to an issue, and then like this thread he just melts down.  Again, none of us truly know what burdens some carry, but if we do not honestly share the same, then this place degrades.  I have always found so much to learn from folks on the PNJ and here.  I am sorry Eagle if things are not good.

2seaoat wrote:Eagle I guess you have a lot going on in your life.

Possibly.

2seaoat wrote:I am sad for you.

I don't want your sympathy.

2seaoat wrote:Please feel free to attack me...

I do that when it suits me anyway.

2seaoat wrote:...I am a big boy who loves getting whacked,...

No you don't.

2seaoat wrote:...but I sense your problems are far greater than any of us ever imagined.

If there are they are my business. Not yours.

2seaoat wrote:I try to give you the respect of a few debates,...

Rarely... Mostly you just run away when you realize you haven't thought it through.

2seaoat wrote:...but there is a lot going on in your life which you just admitted and might explain some of your posts.

I always have a lot going on in my life.

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTARLy61lEUa848LOhKTzWS4fqpAWqlhHZexS57Q5XK764VBjxX

Wouldn't be alive, much less living, if it weren't that way.

*****HeeHeeHee*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 7/6/2015, 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Vikingwoman wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdnn7DkKTw2VILwuMM1J3LxcQkrxbp90bH9tDjz7FDJbWXwUEGUg

Coming from the Enema Of Hate, that's you by the way, I'll take that as a compliment and invitation to stay..... Now where did I put my suit????? Ahhhh! There it is...

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

Laughing

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:We had a 8 hour session today.  
Watching the nurses put on protective  gear as they load up pure poison to pump into your loved one is all most beyond words to describe.  I thought of the many posts Mr Oats has made on the subject.  In some strange way , it gave me strength.  Such places are full of raw emotions and people bravely fight for what little life they have left.  Life that many of us take for granted.  It is not a place for pity.  It is a place of pure bravery.  People braver than the people I shared my life with in a place far away from the States. I dont know if I could do it.   Talk is cheap but the real heros are the ones that suffer the ordeal in order to spend just maybe a few more days with the family they care about.  I have saw some hard times.  I thought I knew what courage was.  I dont.  

No,I did not post this for pity. Because it is not about me.  It is about those who fight for what we piss away....

Mr Oats has done a great service by posting what he has.  It has given me a guide line to follow.  For that I am grateful

Your wife's strength will come from you, Hallmark. Stay strong and know my thoughts and prayers are for both of you. I'm so sorry.

Hallmarkgard

I am very lucky and fortunate to have someone to care about. It is a learning experience. Thanks to all of you for listening. Even you DE., maybe one day you figture this is just a game and understand that what you post, is who you are. But Hallmark might be closer to who I really am than I care to admit.

2seaoat wrote:Then why don't you get the F*** out of here? You don't contribute anything but stupidity and hate. Nobody even talks to you.

It would help if he talked about some of his real life challenges so we better understood his positions, but I have always said he often shows intelligence and perspective to an issue, and then like this thread he just melts down.  Again, none of us truly know what burdens some carry, but if we do not honestly share the same, then this place degrades.  I have always found so much to learn from folks on the PNJ and here.  I am sorry Eagle if things are not good.

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6lVI1Lmb7nUzRCFm9VbnomgDj7o-Qzw-t2IbYrzS1unmDimiy

My problems are my business.

Why should you wish to understand my positions? Seems like if someone's position doesn't fall into lock step with some progressive agenda it's the wrong position... At least until I come along. Not my fault you progressives don't like the Henry Standing Bear position of burning it all down instead of giving in... Which I've been doing a lot longer by the way.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9SU2MJweqw

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 7/7/2015, 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Hallmarkgard wrote:I am very lucky and fortunate to have someone to care about.  It is a learning experience.  Thanks to all of you for listening.  Even you DE.,...

Does this mean you want to kiss and make up?

Hallmarkgard wrote:...maybe one day you figture this is just a game...

Tell that to Chrissy, Joani, and a few others around here who've had their personal information used and abused.

Hallmarkgard wrote:...and understand that what you post, is who you are.

Perhaps it is.

Hallmarkgard wrote:...But Hallmark might be closer to who I really am than I care to admit.  

At this time I consider you no better than Dreams, FT, and a few others around here... So that's not saying much. I might razz Oats and a couple of others but I don't thoroughly dislike them...

If you ever want to count your blessings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLWlOdgP_Z13dwKgn1oN9ZpQQjC68QVwR4BT_bypm-W4CdKs0f

...I reserve that for those special people.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmuZsSsyQ-M

Smile

Oh that's right! You can't see this so it really doesn't matter.

Vikingwoman

Hallmark, I'm sorry to hear about this. It's a very difficult thing to go through. I hope things get easier.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I have always said he often shows intelligence and perspective to an issue,

That's bullshit.

He's an abject moron with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Sorry about your hardship, Hallmark.

Stay strong.

My wish for your loved one is nothing but comfort and peace.

Make sure you take care of yourself too hm... best wishes.

nadalfan

I'm so sorry Hallmark, I wish you nothing but strength.
Taking care of a sick loved one can be overwhelming and heart wrenching. When my dad had a stroke, I spent the next two years taking care of him. Day by day, I watched his condition slowly deteriorate. There were many days, the heartache was so intense I felt like I couldn't breathe. But, looking back, I realize there was also something somewhat therapeutic about making life a little easier for him when I felt so impotent about changing the circumstances.
When my dad passed away, despite the sadness I still feel, I found solace and peace knowing that I made his last couple of years slightly easier.
Seaoat, remember that as painful as it is to see their pain, I'm sure your loved ones will also find this peace.

Hallmarkgard

In many ways I /we are very lucky.  We have access to a very modern  and up to date Cancer Treatment center.  Many do not.  So for us there is hope and a chance for some quality of life.   It is bitter sweet.  There are people who do make a difference in the world they live in.  I am lucky or blessed to have found them.
On a brighter note.  My wife had a fast growing tumor that threaten to block her rectum.  The suggestion was for a Colostomy procedure w/bag.   The radiation Doctor said that he would like a try at reducing it.  So we set up a 36 procedure program.  It has worked(for now) and the tumor is greatly diminished.  Something to think about.  

It is just a large learning experience.  Hug your loved ones or tell them how much you care for them.  Sometimes things change in the blink of  eye.

It will be a good day.    Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum