Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that make me smile LOL

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Things that make me smile  LOL Empty Things that make me smile LOL 7/3/2015, 4:25 pm

Hallmarkgard

No gas on Pensacola Beach July 4th weekend
Carlos Gieseken, pnj.com 2:59 p.m. CDT July 3, 2015

The only gas station on Pensacola Beach will not be selling fuel July 4th weekend, and visitors are encouraged to fill up at one of four gas stations in Gulf Breeze between Pensacola Bay Bridge and Bob Sikes Bridge.

The Exxon station at 22 Via De Luna is waiting for an inspection to a repaired tank before it can start selling gas again. Station manager Shannon Richards said it hasn't sold gas in the past 10 days and it's not known how soon the inspection will take place.

knothead

knothead

Wow now that is sad . . . . . especially now because visitors will be driving around a lot looking for a place to legally access the beach . . . . . gotta respect private property.

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Wow now that is sad . . . . . especially now because visitors will be driving around a lot looking for a place to legally access the beach . . . . . gotta respect private property.

What do you mean, "especially now," knot, and what private property are you talking about? Nothing has changed (nor will it) with respect to the many public accesses available on this beach, as opposed to the majority of U.S. beaches which have no such free access.  In fact nothing has changed with respect to property ownership on the island, either.  Am I missing something here?

As for Surfside's having had need of a tank repair -- and then having inspection delayed -- at the biggest money-making time of the year is really a rotten shame, not to mention the inconvenience to first time arrivals who won't realize the gas station they used last year is not pumping.  Big mess, especially as getting on and off the island right now is a real challenge, what with traffic and crowds.  Found that out the hard way this afternoon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum