Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racist Police Stop in Pensacola!!!!

+7
Floridatexan
Markle
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
TEOTWAWKI
EmeraldGhost
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/pensacola/2015/06/26/lumon-may-involved-confrontational-traffic-stop/29360131/

Know what I think?

I think he wanted them to tase him, drag him out of the vehicle, cuff him up ... for the publicity & potential lawsuit settlement money.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I don't like a police state but the lack of simple respect for that lady officer by the truck driver was disturbing. I think she handled it very well and the driver is a horses ass. It could have been cleared up in a few minutes with just the verification of his registration.

Vikingwoman

It was disgraceful how he acted. He is a community leader and should have set an example.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Racial profiling. ..The windows were tinted, how could she tell if he was black or white.

2seaoat

As a community leader who stated that he had been stopped many times, but more importantly a s a citizen, he had every right to ask why he was stopped.  He did EXACTLY the right thing when he asked for a supervisor.  I did not see that truck break ANY law, yet the officer without probable cause followed that citizen and was strident and out of control.  Some people have NO business being a police officer.  When he asked to speak to a supervisor she became argumentative....he broke NO laws, and when people get acclimated to living in a police state they cannot act like the free and independent citizens of a Republic, but become indentured servants to the power structure.

He was right.   How many times have each of you been stopped by LEO this year......and after being stopped were you speeding or doing something against the law........It is about time people stand their ground as citizens, and ask for supervisors.....The Supreme Court in just this session has again condemned out of control traffic stops which have NO basis.......it does not matter black or white.......probable cause of a crime is the threshold.....and as Scalia has said for the last 10 years.....they will not find constitutional stops in fishing expeditions......Enough!

T your values are not color blind.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:As a community leader who stated that he had been stopped many times, but more importantly a s a citizen, he had every right to ask why he was stopped.  He did EXACTLY the right thing when he asked for a supervisor.  I did not see that truck break ANY law, yet the officer without probable cause followed that citizen and was strident and out of control.  Some people have NO business being a police officer.  When he asked to speak to a supervisor she became argumentative....he broke NO laws, and when people get acclimated to living in a police state they cannot act like the free and independent citizens of a Republic, but become indentured servants to the power structure.

He was right.   How many times have each of you been stopped by LEO this year......and after being stopped were you speeding or doing something against the law........It is about time people stand their ground as citizens, and ask for supervisors.....The Supreme Court in just this session has again condemned out of control traffic stops which have NO basis.......it does not matter black or white.......probable cause of a crime is the threshold.....and as Scalia has said for the last 10 years.....they will not find constitutional stops in fishing expeditions......Enough!

T your values are not color blind.

Bullshit as usual...His tag wasn't licensed to the proper vehicle and he failed to produce license, insurance and registration. On top of that another man much larger than the cop came sauntering in dangerously close to the event requiring the cop to further control the situation. The driver was just high on his AUTHORITAY, as a big shot and was going to show this petite cop he wouldn't be dissed.
You sexist bastard, you must think women can't be cops ?

2seaoat

US v. Pena Montes, 08-2169.No. (10th Cir. 2009)-The officer stopped a vehicle on traffic for not displaying a tag. When he walked up to the vehicle, he discovered a dealer tag in the window. He continued to detain the occupants and questioned and ultimately arrested a passenger. The Court held that once the officer discovered that the vehicle did have a tag, any further detention of the vehicle and its occupants was an unlawful seizure. The arrest was vacated.

US v. Uribe, No. 11-3590 (7th Cir. 2013)-Uribe was driving through the state of Indiana in a blue Nissan registered in Utah. An officer ran the vehicle regisitration which listed the vehicle as white. The officer stopped the vehicle for the color discrepancy. The stop lead to the discovery of a pound pof heroin. Uribe was arrested. Uribe made a motion to suppress the evidence in district court. The motion was granted. The Circuit Court upheld the suppression stating, "investigatory stops based on color discrepancies alone are insufficient to give rise to reasonable suspicion." The suppression of the evidence was affirmed.

We fought a revolution to get rid of the British standing army who abused citizens.   When an elected leader cannot even drive in his community without being stopped repeatedly......our system is broken......did you hear the officer off camera say she was tired of his chit......a citizen asking an officer for a supervisor because of repeated questionable stops......I do not know this man, but we need a hundred more like him in elected office......citizens wag the tail.....the tail does not wag citizens!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

He was stopped because he was not in compliance with the laws of the state...but because he was a big shot she should have just let him go. Your duplicity is amazing. I was stopped by a rookie cop the other day for a tail light malfunction. It was very cordial and handled in a few minutes with proper documents and respect and we went our way and I fixed  my tail light...

2seaoat

The driver was just high on his AUTHORITAY, as a big shot and was going to show this petite cop he wouldn't be dissed.

BS......not once did he identify himself as a commissioner.  He simply said all I am doing is driving to my office this morning and it is over there......he never used his position to get any deference other than his full right as a citizen not to be abused by police in fishing expeditions......her talking to that elderly neighborhood guy as he approached to make sure that one more citizen was not going to be abused  was in front of the vehicle and five to ten feet away......she was fricking out of control....you simply tell the citizen, I have explained why you were stopped and I will call a supervisor.  Get back in the squad and wait for the supervisor.   When you hassle citizens, and follow law abiding citizens to find any reason to stop them, it only takes citizens standing up and saying enough...of course T your historic criticism of the police state and government mean nothing if it is one of those uppity N..............we get it, but it has nothing to do with his skin color......he is a citizen.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:The driver was just high on his AUTHORITAY, as a big shot and was going to show this petite cop he wouldn't be dissed.

BS......not once did he identify himself as a commissioner.  He simply said all I am doing is driving to my office this morning and it is over there......he never used his position to get any deference other than his full right as a citizen not to be abused by police in fishing expeditions......her talking to that elderly neighborhood guy as he approached to make sure that one more citizen was not going to be abused  was in front of the vehicle and five to ten feet away......she was fricking out of control....you simply tell the citizen, I have explained why you were stopped and I will call a supervisor.  Get back in the squad and wait for the supervisor.   When you hassle citizens, and follow law abiding citizens to find any reason to stop them, it only takes citizens standing up and saying enough...of course T your historic criticism of the police state and government mean nothing if it is one of those uppity N..............we get it, but it has nothing to do with his skin color......he is a citizen.

Why have laws? Cops routinely run plates all day long. If something comes back inconsistent they have the right to stop and question the driver who might have stolen the truck the tag or both...why have license plates ? Oh that's right we live in the new age when a black man can't be stopped for breaking the law.....your perversion of propriety is beyond my understanding.

2seaoat

We have all been stopped, but I disagree completely.  I was returning from Disneyworld and the kids were sleeping in the back.  My wife was laying down on the arm rest and talking to me as to how far was it till we were home......I told her where we were, and then I mention to her we were being followed by a police car.....it followed us for a mile and then turned his lights on......it was 1:30 am on a Saturday night and I was wearing a baseball cap and appeared to be in the car alone.   I pull over and the officer approaches and says I was going 41 in a 35 mph zone....my wife pops up and the kids pop up and my wife says Seaoat......I watched the speedometer and you never went above 30mph since the police officer was following us.   So I ask the officer where I was speeding and he tells us a spot which was about three hundred yards behind us......I was not speeding and my wife and I both knew it.   He comes back to the car and wants me to sign the citation.  I say no.  You just did a profile stop for drunk drivers and you thought I was a single male in a vehicle on a saturday night after 1:30 am and you had NO legal justification for this stop and my wife and I can confirm at no time was I speeding.......he says I get bored and I break up the evening doing investigatory stops......I said your stop was bad and you need to take me to jail......he gets on the radio and calls in that I will not sign the citation and want to go to jail.....the lady goes I know Seaoat and he is a great guy........now he comes back to the vehicle realizing he is in deep chit, and he tries the sympathy routine.....it has been a long night.......I need to break it up......so can you just go along with me on this and sign........I said no, I want to talk to the Judge-----------when he does bond call and explain that an officer is out of control(he had just won an award for the most DUI arrest in the county), and at that point he goes over to my wife and starts pleading with her to convince me to sign the citation, and I will never forget, he was not speeding, he is a big boy, put him in jail if you think you are right, but I will testify that he never went over 30mph.....He tells us that we better show up at court on this date....I do not sign......and he tells me I was being a jerk......the case was thrown out and my lawyer told me that the judge was fully familiar with this officers methods.....thrown out......unless citizens stand their ground we cannot stop this police state from destroying America.....I found Nothing inappropriate about the citizen's request for a supervisor.....he asked why he was stopped and was given a totally wrong answer.....he needed a supervisor there.  Then she alone escalated the situation when all she had to do as any trained and intelligent officer would have done is return to the squad and get the supervisor.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oh so big shot beats cop...must be wonderful being you....That was a questionable stop..the one we are looking at wasn't.

I had a lawyer tell me the same story the other day. Only they were speeding but the lawyer is related to one of the judges here and the cop almost wet himself apologizing for troubling the big shot lawyer... I have only contempt for people that use position to skirt the law.

Vikingwoman

You must have watched a different video than I watched,Seaoat. The officer was completely polite and cordial. Lumon May was out of order. The officer was doing her job. You have gone over the deep end.

2seaoat

When a citizen......any citizen.....black or white.....rightfully asks an officer why he is being stopped......that is an absolute right.....and where that citizen believes that the officer is ultra vires, he most certainly should ask for a supervisor.......a trained officer complies with the request unless the driver is presenting a danger to the officer or the public.   Fricking first two weeks of the police training academy.....this officer should find other work.   Thank you commissioner for showing EXACTLY how every citizen should react, especially if there are repeated stops for NO reason.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Are you hard of hearing? She said his license plate showed registered to another vehicle and he went into a rant of how it had been on his truck 3 years.....bla bla bla...she told him why he was stopped !

The truck was driving along with a cop car behind him and they just decide to randomly check out his tag?

What reason?

Do you mean to tell me when a policemen is behind me on the road they are checking out my tag?

Something ain't right here...they go over and check the windows or door on both sides of the truck and then return with a paper to give to him.

What was that all about?

Looks flaky to me.

2seaoat

The driver never used profanity.  The driver never referenced his elected position which would have been ethically incorrect, and he was entirely correct to ask that officer why he was stopped......and when she admitted she had followed him and ran his plates without him breaking the law, he had EVERY right to ask for a supervisor, and instead of an officer arguing with the driver, all she simply had to do was return to her squad and call it in......but no.....she goes after the driver with threats......she goes after citizens on the street, and then off camera she admits she was tired of his chit......sorry....when you are a trained police officer you go back to your squad and call it in.......from my experience, most trained and intelligent police officers would have let the driver stew as he waited and would not have tried to escalate this as this officer did.......I saw the video....and a hundred just like it.

Vikingwoman

How do you know what the first two weeks of the academy are? That wasn't in my first two weeks and furthermore she told him why several times and he wouldn't accept it. You are way off course here in your indignation. Lumon May should have acted more professional and not thrown a tantrum because he thought he was being profiled. I thought she was very alert and LE should be able to stop when things don't add up.

Vikingwoman

SheWrites wrote:The truck was driving along with a cop car behind him and they just decide to randomly check out his tag?  

What reason?

Do you mean to tell me when a policemen is behind me on the road they are checking out my tag?

Something ain't right here...they go over and check the windows or door on both sides of the truck and then return with a paper to give to him.

What was that all about?  

Looks flaky to me.

Yes they do run tags and it is perfectly acceptable. How do you think they find out whether people are on the road w/o insurance.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:The driver never used profanity.  The driver never referenced his elected position which would have been ethically incorrect, and he was entirely correct to ask that officer why he was stopped......and when she admitted she had followed him and ran his plates without him breaking the law, he had EVERY right to ask for a supervisor, and instead of an officer arguing with the driver, all she simply had to do was return to her squad and call it in......but no.....she goes after the driver with threats......she goes after citizens on the street, and then off camera she admits she was tired of his chit......sorry....when you are a trained police officer you go back to your squad and call it in.......from my experience, most trained and intelligent police officers would have let the driver stew as he waited and would not have tried to escalate this as this officer did.......I saw the video....and a hundred just like it.

He refused to shoe his DL! He had no registration. She had a right to ask for his DL. Come on now. You're being absurd.

2seaoat

contempt for people that use position to skirt the law.

Not once did this man use his position to influence the officer....he did what every citizen should do when stopped on a fishing expedition......ask for a supervisor......he never swore(the officer did off camera) he was just a fricking strong citizen demanding his rights to speak to a supervisor.  When the supervisor got there, they could hear her barking away out of control complaining about his Chit......I would never have that officer as a police officer when she failed to deescalate a simple situation and return to her squad and call her supervisor........I am sure she will get written up on this and put in her file.....training....simple training.   Let him stew, deescalate, and resolve......there was no use of position to skirt the law, but one citizen who I could not be more proud, and one officer who needs to be retrained or taken off the streets.

2seaoat

How do I know......you never have figured that out have you......nor will you while I am alive.   Yes, PTI has an entire section on request for supervision on a traffic stop.......but rural Alabama they give barney a badge, and if you claimed you went through PTI you were either a poor student or you are full of chit.

I will give you an example from OK so as to keep me a ghost......

Drivers always have the right to ask for a supervisor during a traffic stop.

Oklahoma City’s policy requires a patrol officer to call their supervisor, if requested.

I could cite a hundred other agencies across the country who comply with PTI training protocols, this officer F'd up.....plain and simple.....do not be argumentative......if you are tired of his Chit as she said.....take your time in calling it in.....he is stuck stewing and the situation cools down if the officer is professional and trained.  She is not.

Vikingwoman

I went through the police academy in Montgomery,Al. and was second in my class by 1/10 of a point so don't tell me I went through it in rural Al. I got a class picture to prove it. I don't care what you say the guy was out of line and anybody else would have been arrested for refusing to show his DL. You're full of shit!

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:How do I know......you never have figured that out have you......nor will you while I am alive.   Yes, PTI has an entire section on request for supervision on a traffic stop.......but rural Alabama they give barney a badge, and if you claimed you went through PTI you were either a poor student or you are full of chit.

I will give you an example from OK so as to keep me a ghost......

Drivers always have the right to ask for a supervisor during a traffic stop.

Oklahoma City’s policy requires a patrol officer to call their supervisor, if requested.

I could cite a hundred other agencies across the country who comply with PTI training protocols, this officer F'd up.....plain and simple.....do not be argumentative......if you are tired of his Chit as she said.....take your time in calling it in.....he is stuck stewing and the situation cools down if the officer is professional and trained.  She is not.

I'm not arguing about calling a supervisor. I'm talking about his behavior. He refused to show his DL.

2seaoat

Wrong.  He requested to speak to a supervisor, and she should have immediately called it in....period.   She allowed the situation to almost escalate because she did not like his firm request for a supervisor.   No citizen has to give up their rights because somebody is wearing a uniform.  Absent any exigent circumstances this officer immediately should have returned to her squad and called in the request for a supervisor.....Every citizen has the absolute right to question the authority of the person stopping them and ask for a supervisor......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum