Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Putting up a thirty five foot fiberglass flagpole

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

2seaoat wrote:Finally, there is  attachment of masonry mesh and mixing up mortar and putting real stone on the face of the blocks.  I will need to tuckpoint, but that will be done later today not in the direct sunlight.  Wife has gone to get some more flowers for the shelf, and we will build a surround to hide the flagpole strapings.....wife sarcastically said I was building my monument....maybe.......but it is kind of small.Putting up a thirty five foot fiberglass flagpole - Page 2 20150713
I have began making an inquiry into bronze plaques where you can put a photo on the plaque.....my wife rolled her eyes when I told her I had made an online price quote, but heck, why spend money for a grave when you can spread some ashes in the River and in some flowers at the base of a flag which I am thankful I was born in this great country......She goes Seaoat I was joking about the memorial.....I said it was a good idea.....she will probably shoot me tonight.

2seaoat wrote:.....she will probably shoot me tonight.

Putting up a thirty five foot fiberglass flagpole - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr1y5c5zMyIQE4da5efAF3AukdO95vwkJFYX_fZ00Hij7FDEr9

Well... At least you'll have most of the memorial finished if you feel that it's that important to leave something behind.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

Smile

2seaoat

Well... At least you'll have most of the memorial finished if you feel that it's that important to leave something behind.

Nope.....burial never made sense to me, and my family's plot in Birmingham has not been visited by me in twenty years......block after block of wasted space, and monuments NOBODY will ever look at or consider the decedent.  My family's Baptist tradition never had a cremation.  I will be the first, unless my mother passes before me, but she changed her mind after my lung was removed seven years ago when I told her that was my choice.  I will have my ashes spread in certain places and I am pretty certain now that I am so happy about the flagpole and base that it would only be appropriate to put a plaque.  I think my wife would like to avoid the reality of the discussion, but hell, I should have been dead two years ago, and I am building something else starting next week.....I think what we leave behind are memories not monuments, but a simple plaque should suffice.  I will have her take a photo of the plaque after I am gone and no longer am a ghost.....unless......

Putting up a thirty five foot fiberglass flagpole - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2t9Cdmb8P48YEYGVMfADTdj8nq7wd-VM807a-znqJSSR0zhSMag

And yet you feel some driving need to mark some spot with a memorial... My wife already knows my wishes. A simple burial pyre with a dog at my feet, weapons in hand, and a keg for everyone to drink to my memory as I go elsewhere.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twvVmJKTJY

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum