Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you have Blue Cross for your Medicare insurance policy, you may not be able to use it at Sacred Heart Hospital after July 1.

+3
dumpcare
Hallmarkgard
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

read this these three pages...

https://2img.net/h/s5.postimg.cc/bmtk8a2g7/BC1.jpg

https://2img.net/h/s5.postimg.cc/maxb74cfb/BC2.jpg

https://2img.net/h/s5.postimg.cc/6quiubron/BC3.jpg

Hallmarkgard

Thanks for the info. I will check with them tomorrow. This could be a major issue for me

dumpcare

I would have thought the news sources we have in this town would have picked the story up by now. Maybe SH spends too much advertising dollar's with them to be of concern. This includes the ancillary divisions of Ascension also, it will only be a matter of time before the domino's fall and the urgent care center's and medical group docs scattered throughout N.W. Florida are out if this happens.

I guarantee you this was brought about by the hospital's because of the money they are losing my Florida not expanding Medicaid.

Humana also with West Florida has until June 15th for contract.

I wonder which side decided on having contract expiration's mid year? Should go from Jan 1 through Dec 31st.

Thanks Bob for starting this thread.

dumpcare

Hallmarkgard wrote:Thanks for the info.  I will check with them tomorrow.  This could be a major issue for me

What plan are you on?

dumpcare

Bob wrote:read this these three pages...

https://2img.net/h/s5.postimg.cc/bmtk8a2g7/BC1.jpg

https://2img.net/h/s5.postimg.cc/maxb74cfb/BC2.jpg

https://2img.net/h/s5.postimg.cc/6quiubron/BC3.jpg

Oh, your letter only is specific to you, it is every plan that is being negotiated. Under and over 65 and all segments.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

Oh, your letter only is specific to you, it is every plan that is being negotiated. Under and over 65 and all segments.

So it's EVERY Blue Cross policy. Not just Medicare related?

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:

So it's EVERY Blue Cross policy.  Not just Medicare related?

Yes

But don't know how they can not see someone on an actual comprehensive Medicare supplement that does not have a network like you used to have. I think this is ok, but every policy is on the list.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is like when a tv content provider or cable/satellite operator can't get together with a tv network or affiliate station.  
It usually goes down to the wire and both sides realize it's worse for them if customers get cut off,  and that's when they really are motivated to reach a compromise.  And usually do.

Except in this scenario there is EVEN MORE incentive to reach a compromise.
Because we aint talkin about a lousy tv show.  We're talking about  A LOT more money changing hands between the two parties.  
Notice I didn't say they have more incentive because peoples' lives are at stake.  I frankly don't think the dudes in the Ascension headquarters or the dudes in the Blue Cross headquarters could give a shit about any of that.  lol
BUT they care mightily about losing lots of money.  
And of course they also care about the unprecedented corporate PR nightmare which would ensue.  lol

Last edited by Bob on 6/8/2015, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hallmarkgard

My wife has Blue Cross. Right now she is undergoing chemo and radiation for stage 4 liver and colon cancer. As you can image, the bills are unreal. We go everyday for radiation so I will ask them tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks again Mr Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:I would have thought the news sources we have in this town would have picked the story up by now. Maybe SH spends too much advertising dollar's with them to be of concern.  

You'll never see WEAR-TV or the Pensacola News Journal report about this or anything else negative about the three hospitals (not just Sacred Heart) UNLESS they've gotten approval from the hospital to do the report.  And no hospital wants the media mouthpiece it owns to report about this.
You might see it IF this actually goes past the wire.  Because Sacred Heart will have to comment on it then.  But whatever you see coming over WEAR or the PNJ will only be with the approval of Sacred Heart.  lol

Last edited by Bob on 6/8/2015, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgard wrote:My wife has Blue Cross.  Right now she is undergoing chemo and radiation for stage 4 liver and colon cancer.  As you can image, the bills are unreal.  We go everyday for radiation so I will ask them tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out.  Thanks again Mr Bob.

I wish you both the best.  

By the way,  for ppaca.  Isn't it your understanding that this contract is not between the Sacred Heart DOCTORS and Blue Cross.  That the doctors are working under a separate contract? So we'll still have Blue Cross participation in paying doctor bills.    Just not the other hospital services?

Man,  what a clusterintercourse (for those who don't like the f-word).  lol

dumpcare

Hallmarkgard wrote:My wife has Blue Cross.  Right now she is undergoing chemo and radiation for stage 4 liver and colon cancer.  As you can image, the bills are unreal.  We go everyday for radiation so I will ask them tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out.  Thanks again Mr Bob.

Medicare Advantage or Supplement?

Sorry to hear about your wife, hope she beats it.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:

I wish you both the best.  

By the way,  for ppaca.  Isn't it your understanding that this contract is not between the Sacred Heart DOCTORS and Blue Cross.  That the doctors are working under a separate contract? So we'll still have Blue Cross participation in paying doctor bills.    Just not the other hospital services?

Man,  what a clusterintercourse (for those who don't like the f-word).  lol

Yes the SH medical group docs have separate contract and a President of that group that decides. But if the two sides don't agree it is the thought that the domino's will fall. Don't know when their contract is up. This is between the hospital and owned ancillary services. It's hard to figure out what is actually owned by them.

The letter's must be a scare tactic I've never seen them before when negotiation's come down to the wire. They sent out letter's to all the doctor groups also warning them of this.

Yes, it does affect thousand's.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the wording of the first page of the letter...

"Ascension Health, comprised of Ascension hospitals, physicians, and other health care practitioners"

The fact that they're specifying the doctors tells me the doctors will be included in this. If the doctors are not involved, I think they would be inclined to point that out to their customers. I know I would if I was them.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But even if the SH doctors were not involved, but everything else is, that would lead to an even worse clusterintercourse and they know it.
A patient no longer having insurance coverage at Sacred Heart is one thing.
But trying to sort out what is covered at Sacred Heart from what aint covered would be so stressful that we'd now all need psychiatrists too. Jebus.
I can't even figure it all out when I know I DO have insurance.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  I've been told that what this is all about is Ascension wants a 28% increase in revenue from Blue Cross.  

So,  while you don't want to be cut off from your hospital and doctors,  even if they do reach a compromise you better also hope the compromise is not Blue Cross giving in to this.
Because that will definitely mean higher insurance premiums for any of us who have Ascension hospitals and doctors in our provider network.  Sacred Heart of course being one of them.

Markle

Markle

You all have forgotten to thank Obamacare.

Last edited by Markle on 6/8/2015, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

"You all have forgotten to than Obamacare."

What the hell is that suppose to mean Markle? No understand.

2seaoat

My wife has Blue Cross. Right now she is undergoing chemo and radiation for stage 4 liver and colon cancer. As you can image, the bills are unreal. We go everyday for radiation so I will ask them tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks again Mr Bob.

I hope she is not totally exhausted and comfortable, but tired is the nature of the beast, but how are they applying the daily radiation?  Also, since we last talked have they given the size or sizes of the tumors.  You can answer me with a PM if you prefer.  I have been thinking about you a great deal, but I figured you would update us when you knew more.

Hallmarkgard

Like you said , she is tired but she has had a couple of good days lately...Not sure on the method of radiation.  Going to have some scans made next week then evaluate the progress.  She is a very strong person and doesn’t complain very much.  We can only hope for the best.  Thanks for every ones good thoughts.  Our daughter is coming in next week to help so that will be good

2seaoat

After they knock them down, she will get her energy levels back.  Hopefully, they can keep repeating the process to keep them under control and keep her comfortable.

Hallmarkgard

Thanks Mr Oats. Your sharing has helped alot. I have a good idea on what is happening from your posts. She has some of the same issues as you. I will keep you updated as time goes on. Right now we seem to be just marking time and waiting for everything to take effect.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:"You all have forgotten to than Obamacare."

I think that sentence means "you've all forgotten that obama and obamacare are to blame for everything"  lol

Look,  it could well be that obamacare plays some part in why Sacred Heart wants a 28% increase.  

But,  that aint what caused a local medical provider to try to charge me a bogus bill of eight hundred bucks after they'd already cheated me out of another hundred on a co-pay.

And that aint what caused Sacred Heart to charge me $20,000 for a lousy outpatient biopsy that I'll be paying off for the next seven years.

And it sure as hell doesn't explain why we pay ten bucks for an aspirin or a bandaid.

So there's more to it than obamacare,  markle.  A shitpot more.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:"You all have forgotten to thank Obamacare."

Why do you need profanity to point out a typing error?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"You all have forgotten to than Obamacare."

I didn't see that word as a typo of "thank". Now I understand.
When I first read it I didn't know what to make of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum