Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat, you told me you watch Morning Joe. Did you just see the interview with Lindsey Graham?

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I hope others of us will get to see this too. After a while the website will stream the interview and I'll post a link to it.
I'm curious to know what forum members will have to say after watching it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That stupid website doesn't let us copy a link to an interview.
But all you have to do is go to this page...

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

.... and then scroll down to you see the photo of Graham with the caption "kill terrrorists,  grow jobs".  Click on that and the interview will open.

2seaoat

Butchmeup makes my stomach turn every time I hear this man speak.  He has largely been responsible for tens of thousands of innocents death because he purveys fear to sell the Military.   Read some of the comments on your link about butchmeup.......I still do not understand why this man gets one second of air time on Sunday shows, and the reason is obvious.....the MIC and their media sponsorship money require that their spokesperson and chief shill gets air time.  This man should be tarred and feathered for the horrors he has bestowed on innocents with the absurd proposition that military engagement and expenditures solve ALL problems.....they do not, but they have a very small range of situations where a military solution is appropriate.....the crazy potential terrorist shot by police in Boston would not be stopped by bombing people in the Middle East.....we have lost our fricking minds and this POS gets airtime.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:That stupid website doesn't let us copy a link to an interview.
But all you have to do is go to this page...

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

.... and then scroll down to you see the photo of Graham with the caption "kill terrrorists,  grow jobs".  Click on that and the interview will open.

I watched it. Lindsey Graham is trying to mimic Genghis Khan. He is going to make war against the world, greatly increase the military, and reduce the deficit at the same time. He put Baby Boomers on notice he is going after their Social Security and Medicare to help fund all of this.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Why is Mika there?  Is she just playing hostess?  Someone commented that Lindsey is a "bootlicker" for the MIC.  That's putting it mildly.  At least, he admitted that the invasion of Iraq in 2003 was a "mistake".  Wasn't he pushing for that war with every fiber of his being...and didn't he, with all of his military experience, know the situation beforehand?

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/27/lindsey-graham-wrong-on-everything/

ARGUMENT
Lindsey Graham: Wrong on Everything

The senator from the great state of South Carolina is considering a run for president, based on his foreign-policy prowess. Yikes

"A week ago Sunday, Lindsey Graham found himself in a familiar place: on NBC’s Meet the Press trying to scare the hell out of Americans. Graham, a senator from South Carolina since 2003, is one of the Republican Party’s leading spokespeople on national security and international relations issues.

This particular appearance, however, gave Graham the opportunity to make some real news — namely that he is considering throwing his hat in the ring for the Republican presidential nomination. “I think the world is falling apart,” said Graham in a preview of his potential presidential pitch, “and I’ve been more right than wrong when it comes to foreign policy.”

A review, however, of the senator’s foreign-policy pronouncements speaks to a different reality. Lindsey Graham is, in fact, far more often wrong than he is right. Occasionally, he is more than just wrong: Sometimes, he’s completely out of his mind. In a town filled with threat-mongers, fear-merchants, and hand-wringers, there is no one mongering more threats, selling more fear and wringing more hands than Sen. Graham.In a town filled with threat-mongers, fear-merchants, and hand-wringers, there is no one mongering more threats, selling more fear and wringing more hands than Sen. Graham. It’s going to be awfully hard for candidate Graham to lift people up when he’s constantly telling them the sky is falling.

For Graham, there is a consistent taxonomy to his apocalyptic warnings: “weakness” and “indecision” are bad (and are defining attributes of Democrats like Barack Obama) and “resolve,” “leadership,” and willingness to use force are good (and are attributes of Republicans like Ronald Reagan or John McCain, who has referred to Graham as his “illegitimate son”). If he’s not exaggerating a threat, he’s bloviating about how a lack of determination has left Americans vulnerable. If he’s not recommending that Americans be sent into harm’s way, he’s pooh-poohing the notion that diplomacy or any form of coercion that doesn’t include bombs, can be effective.

The United States is always “the good guys” for Graham, a point he made in 2004, at the same time that he said that in the U.S. occupation of Iraq “we have an opportunity to demonstrate to the Arab world and others that the rule of law matters.” Strong words, but slightly in conflict with his statement after the arrest of the Boston Marathon bomber that he should be denied due process and treated as an enemy combatant.

At its core, however, Graham’s rhetoric is driven by an extraordinarily dystopian — and factually incorrect — view of the world. In January 2014, he said, “The world is literally about to blow up.” A year later, we’re still here and Graham is still wrong. “We live in the most dangerous times imaginable,” he said in July 2013. But it requires memory, not imagination, to realize that this is not true — unless Graham believes that World War II was the global equivalent of a traffic dispute. Considering that Graham, who was born in 1955 lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, and 9/11, it’s a bit hard to square his regular alarmism about the state of the world with reality.

Indeed, Graham is so convinced that the world is about to proverbially tumble off its axis that this summer he said it “scares him” that Secretary of State John Kerry “thinks the world is in such good shape.” Even optimism causes Lindsey Graham to clutch pearls..."

(read the rest...and comments from Hammerman...who is dead cinch correct)

Last edited by Floridatexan on 6/4/2015, 11:14 am; edited 3 times in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/the-time-john-mccain-and-lindsey-graham-relayed-ba#.mjRpppgLj8

The Time John McCain And Lindsey Graham Relayed Bad Intelligence On A Sunday Talk Show

The duo are attacking Susan Rice for giving bad information on a Sunday show. “He is lying, Tim, when he says he doesn’t have weapons of mass destruction.”

posted on Nov. 29, 2012, at 10:36 a.m.
Andrew Kaczynski

Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham expressed continued concerns this week after meeting with Ambassador Susan Rice regarding her comments on high-profile Sunday shows in September about the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.

Both men continued to pledge to block her nomination should she be appointed Secretary of State, with Senator McCain saying, “She’s not qualified,” while accusing Rice of deliberately “misleading the American people.” After meeting with Rice, Graham noted he was “more disturbed now than I was before,” adding her appearances on Sunday shows were “disconnected from reality.”

The episode, however, has clear echoes of McCain’s and Graham’s own moments of relaying bad intelligence on Sunday shows based on an inaccurate conclusion from the intelligence community.

In the 2003 lead-up to the Iraq War, McCain and Graham made appearances on Sunday talks shows such as Meet the Press, Fox News Sunday, and Face the Nation where they made the case that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and would not hesitate to use them.

“He is lying, Tim, when he says he doesn’t have weapons of mass destruction,” Lindsay Graham said on Meet the Press on March 2, 2003. “For 12 years now, we’ve been playing this game, trying to get this man to part with his weapons of mass destruction.”

Later, responding to a question from then-host Tim Russert about reports Saddam was destroying certain missiles to comply with the United Nations, Graham emphasized intelligence showing presence of chemical weapons.
“He says, ‘I really have none. I don’t have any weapons of mass destruction.’ He failed to account for 26,000 liters of anthrax that we knew he was in possession of in 1998. He failed to account for 1.5 tons of VX nerve agent that could kill millions of people. He failed to account for 550 artillery shells with mustard gas. He has not accounted for things that we knew he once had. He is playing a game. The game is up, in my opinion, and we need to get on with the idea of disarming him and having a regime change, because it’s in our national interest.”

McCain, in a Feb. 16, 2003, appearance on Face the Nation, also made the case for the war based on intelligence showing weapons of mass destruction, even responding to a question that the CIA might not have been straightforward with weapons information as “a very reckless charge.”
“There’s not a doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein would give a weapon of mass destruction to a terrorist organization,” McCain said. He added, “They have common cause in trying to destroy the United States of America.”
McCain then said that should the United States decide to go in alone, the war would end quickly because of the weak Iraqi army, with the possibilities of Iraq firing a chemical weapon at Israel.

“I don’t think his army will fight — house-to-house fighting requires the — the most PR-proficient discipline on the part of military people, and they don’t have that,” McCain said. “I think that we are taking into account those kinds of possibilities. His army is very weak. I believe that we will win. There are certainly wild cards, ranging from launching a chemical or biological weapon at Israel to the human shield situation. But I have no doubt that we will prevail.”

Sal

Sal

"Why, I do declare ....

.... As God is my witness, we shall never have peace again!"

[swoons]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Rhett, Oh, Rhett, have you seen mah pa-asol? Ah do believe Ah feel an attack of the vapahs.

Seaoat,  you told me you watch Morning Joe.  Did you just see the interview with Lindsey Graham? Lindseygrahamgonewiththewindbarbie

KarlRove

KarlRove

At least Obama is gone in 18 months

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For Sal and Floridatex,

If you're bigoted against southern accents then you would REALLY be bigoted against mine. My accent makes Graham's and Clark Gable's and Vivien Leigh's accents sound like somebody who took diction lessons.
I even make Jim Nabors sound like a yankee. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:At least Obama is gone in 18 months

I wouldn't count on that.  Plenty of wingnuts are convinced that Obama is gonna declare martial law and make himself president forever.  Including our own Brother/Reverend Carl Gallups.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:At least Obama is gone in 18 months

You mean we have to witness 18 more months of Obamahate from you?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:For Sal and Floridatex,

If you're bigoted against southern accents then you would REALLY be bigoted against mine.  My accent makes Graham's and Clark Gable's and Vivien Leigh's accents sound like somebody who took diction lessons.  
I even make Jim Nabors sound like a yankee.  lol

Oh, get over yourself. You really don't want to see my raging Texas accent come out, do you? Or maybe you already have. Bigoted against Southern accents? I've been a Southerner all my life. But I'm not using my soft-speak to shill for the MIC.

Sal

Sal

I'm intolerant of melodramatic self-loathers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The "self-loather" thing again.  If I stick up for being queer I'm a self-loather.
If I stick up for my southern accent I'm a self-loather.
Goddamn it's a good thing I'm not black and jewish too cause I would really hate myself.  lol

Sal,  the first impression of anyone who's listened to my voice is that I must have just walked out of the same mountains Ernest T. Bass came down from.
And there's a reason for that.  Where the trend is for southern talkers to want to lose their accent,  I decided to go the other way.  I actually embellish my southern accent.  The way I sound is not really my accent.  It's a caricature of it.  And it's not just sometimes.  I'm always in caricature.

If I loathed having a southern accent,  why would I want to make it even more pronounced?

Sal

Sal

It's not all about you, Bob.

I was referring to Lindsay.

But, if the shoe fits ....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You mocked a southern accent. When you mock a southern accent, you're mocking all of us with a southern accent.

When Ronnie Van Zandt sang Sweet Home Alabama,  he didn't sing it with a Neil Young accent.  
When Gregg Allman sings Whipping Post or Southbound,  he doesn't sing it with a yankee accent.
Those are my role models.  Not you yankee carpetbaggers.  lol

Sal

Sal

Actually, I mocked Lindsay's entire persona ....

.... because he's so dadgum ridiculous.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:The "self-loather" thing again.

The way I sound is not really my accent.  It's a caricature of it.  And it's not just sometimes.  I'm always in caricature.

If I loathed having a southern accent,  why would I want to make it even more pronounced?

You might want to ask a good psychiatrist.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:The "self-loather" thing again.

The way I sound is not really my accent.  It's a caricature of it.  And it's not just sometimes.  I'm always in caricature.

You might want to ask a good psychiatrist.

I got more doctor bills than I can pay already.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Send in the clowns ...

2seaoat

Because you love tomaters and potaters?  Because your first cousin kisses real well?   Because you are proud of your outhouse which saves you on the water bill?  Because the Confederate flag and cause makes sense to you?  Because without it you could not buy those year old moon pies at the yard sale?

It took me forever to quit saying illinoise, and I still say yes maam.....to which younger woman now tell me they are not a maam.......however my uncle once took me to his country club and asked me not to talk yankee.....my cousins would say......why do you say "you guys" when we are girls......When I was in college, there was a professor which would have a person read two paragraphs and could locate that person's county and state.  It was remarkable how subtle differences in regions within a state produced different dialects.

So Bob.......are you really a yankee in the closet?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: my uncle once took me to his country club and asked me not to talk yankee...

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum