Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wasn't it Seaoat or Sal that said Lindsey Graham was a chickenhawk? BOF favorite website wikipedia begs to differ

+2
Hospital Bob
KarlRove
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Graham

Military service[edit]

Upon graduating, Graham was commissioned as an officer and Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force in 1982. He was placed on active duty and in 1984, he was sent to Europe as a military prosecutor and defense attorney, serving at Rhein-Main Air Base in Frankfurt, Germany.[16] In 1984, as he was defending an air force pilot accused of using marijuana, he was featured in an episode of 60 Minutes that exposed the Air Force's defective drug-testing procedures.[13][17] After four years in Europe, he returned to South Carolina and then left active duty in 1989.[16] He subsequently entered private practice as a lawyer.[13]

Following his departure from the Air Force, he joined the South Carolina Air National Guard in 1989, where he served until 1995, then joining the U.S. Air Force Reserve.[16]

During the Gulf War, he was recalled to active duty, serving as a Judge Advocate at McEntire Air National Guard Station in Eastover, South Carolina, where he helped brief departing pilots on the laws of war.[18]

In 1998, according to the Congressional daily newspaper The Hill, Graham was describing himself on his website as an Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm veteran. In reality, he never left South Carolina. Graham responded: "I have not told anybody I'm a combatant. I'm not a war hero, and never said I was. I never intended to lie. If I have lied about my military record, I'm not fit to serve in Congress", further noting that he "never deployed."[19][20]

In 2004, Graham received a promotion to Colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserve at a White House ceremony officiated by President George W. Bush.

Graham served in Iraq as a reservist on active duty for short periods during April and two weeks in August 2007, where he worked on detainee and rule-of-law issues.[21] He also served in Afghanistan during the August 2009 Senate recess.[22] Since then, Graham has been assigned as a senior instructor for the U.S. Air Force JAG Corps.[16][23] He also serves as an Air Force Reserve appellate judge.[17] In United States v. Lane, the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces held that it was improper for him to serve as a military judge while a sitting member of the Senate. See, United States v. Lane, 60 M.J. 781 (C.A.A.F. 2004).[24]
------
So we have someone who served in an active duty capacity during a critical Cold War Era and then multiple times was called up and deployed to both Iraq and Astan. How is that a chickenhawk? His limited service is more than the two forum members who have never served, never deployed...never done anything but whine and cry and denounce Graham as a chickenhawk. BTW, JAGs were often sent out to FOBs using convoys as their mode of transport and frequently came under fire by the enemy. Still FOBBITS by nature, they had to run the gamut of SAFIRE, IEDs, rockets, and mortars just like everyone else. Plenty of people died or have been critically injured on FOBs and even main operating bases by sporadic and sometimes intense salvos by terrorists. Balad AB in Iraq was referred to as Mortaritaville when I went there in 03-04 after having been forward deployed from Al Udeid, then BIAP, and finally Balad. It seems our resident CHICKENHAWK labelers are wrong as usual.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yea, Ronald Reagan's's job making movies in the military and Graham's lawyering is more dangerous than full out draft dodger like me and cheney. But not by much. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Although I do commend him for trying to get the pot smoker off.
I thought you were against that sort of thing,  Karl.  You're not one of those closet tokers are you? lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

As a JAG officer, Lindsey Graham never got near enough to an Iraqi insurgent to be in any real danger. He may have deployed to feather his political resume more than anything else.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:------
So we have someone who served in an active duty capacity during a critical Cold War Era and then multiple times was called up and deployed to both Iraq and Astan. How is that a chickenhawk? His limited service is more than the two forum members who have never served, never deployed...never done anything but whine and cry and denounce Graham as a chickenhawk. BTW, JAGs were often sent out to FOBs using convoys as their mode of transport and frequently came under fire by the enemy. Still FOBBITS by nature, they had to run the gamut of SAFIRE, IEDs, rockets, and mortars just like everyone else. Plenty of people died or have been critically injured on FOBs and even main operating bases by sporadic and sometimes intense salvos by terrorists. Balad AB in Iraq was referred to as Mortaritaville when I went there in 03-04 after having been forward deployed from Al Udeid, then BIAP, and finally Balad. It seems our resident CHICKENHAWK labelers are wrong as usual.

Yes, we know you "were there." You won't let us forget about it. Thank you for your deployed service, but don't expect us to respect your twisted political views--you aren't getting any of that.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.salon.com/2010/05/20/lindsey_graham_war_liar/

THURSDAY, MAY 20, 2010 12:30 PM CDT

Lindsey Graham’s war lie: Bigger than Richard Blumenthal’s

Back in the '90s, and even after he was caught in the fib, he led people to believe he'd served in the Gulf War

Long before he was the Senate’s most powerful sometimes-moderate who won’t support the climate bill he helped draft because of personal pique, Lindsey Graham was just another politician who repeatedly lied about fighting in a war overseas.

According to his (current) official bio, “Graham logged six-and-a-half years of service on active duty as an Air Force lawyer.” After he left the active duty force, he joined the South Carolina Air National Guard. During the first Gulf War, Graham was called up to act as staff judge advocate at McEntire Air National Guard Base in South Carolina. As staff judge advocate, Graham’s duties “included briefing pilots on the law of armed conflict, preparing legal documents for deploying troops, and providing legal services for family members of the South Carolina Air National Guard. ” His service never took him out of South Carolina.

And so, naturally, for years afterward, Lindsey Graham referred to himself in his official biography and elsewhere as “an Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm veteran.”

The truth came out in 1998, while then-Rep. Graham was working hard to impeach Bill Clinton. The Hill newspaper broke the story that he was calling himself a vet despite not being one. Graham insisted he had never explicitly said he served overseas or saw combat, but any reading of his official bio made it obvious that he wanted to people to think he did. And it worked!

Yet almost all of the standard political biographies about Graham describe his military record inaccurately. “USAF, 1990, Pursian (sic) Gulf” is how Who’s Who in America and affiliated biographical books list him. The Almanac of American Politics states that Graham “was called up to active duty and served in the Gulf War.”

Although Graham said he is not responsible for the Who’s Who entry and considers it inaccurate, he does acknowledge providing the information for his web site and other biographies that list him as a war veteran.

Bob Somerby notes that Lindsey Graham escaped from the incident relatively unscathed. In 2002, when Graham was running for his Senate seat, Joe Conason discovered that Graham’s website still had the misleading biography. And it was still leading people to write stories claiming Graham served overseas. But Graham was elected anyway.

Since then, everyone seems to have completely forgotten that Lindsey Graham lied about being a war veteran. Richard Blumenthal, who seems to have been slightly more careful with his words than Graham was (and who never lied in his official bio!), may not be so lucky.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a30849/lindsey-graham-campaign-speech-031714/

Lindsey Graham:  Man of Steel

Honest to blog, I thought this was a parody ad for a minute.

"He stands up for America and our troops, challenging the president ... asking the tough questions on Iran, Benghazi, and radical Islam," the narrator in the new ad said. "In a dangerous world where the only guarantee of peace is strength, Sen. Lindsey Graham stands strong."
The only thing standing between your daughter and a hijab is the indomitable will of Huckleberry J. Butchmeup.

Overcompensation is not just a river in Egypt.

LINDSEY GRAHAM NEVER SERVED IN COMBAT

Wasn't it Seaoat or Sal that said Lindsey Graham was a chickenhawk? BOF favorite website wikipedia begs to differ Lindsay%20Graham%20bathtub

KarlRove

KarlRove

FT,
Did he earn a Combat Action Medal for his service? I don't know because I haven't seen his ribbon rack. Doesn't matter if he kicked doors or not as IEDs,rockets,
Mortars, and Safire doesn't discriminate when it impacts your body. You get as dead as the guy who does doorkick. He served in an active combat zone multiple times. That in itself is more than the rest of you marginalizers.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 2:03 pm
As a JAG officer, Lindsey Graham never got near enough to an Iraqi insurgent to be in any real danger. He may have deployed to feather his political resume more than anything else.
---
You don't vol to deploy

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:FT,
Did he earn a Combat Action Medal for his service? I don't know because I haven't seen his ribbon rack. Doesn't matter if he kicked doors or not as IEDs,rockets,
Mortars, and Safire doesn't discriminate when it impacts your body.  You get as dead as the guy who does doorkick. He served in an active combat zone multiple times. That in itself is more than the rest of you marginalizers.

No, he did not serve in active combat zones. He lied about that so dimwits would vote for him.

Sal

Sal

What the ...???

PeeDawg's new man crush is ...

... Huckleberry Butchmeup???

Whoa ....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The question which needs to be answered is exactly how many military lawyers were wounded or killed during the Gulf War?
My guess is not even one.

I had about the same chance of becoming a military casuality when I was riding out the Vietnam war at Liberty Lanes in my college credit bowling glass at DDU (Draft Dodger University). War was hell I tell ya. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hell Cheney had several different college deferments. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts at some point he took volleyball, bowling or golf. Maybe even all three like I did. lol

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Floridatexan Today at 6:09 pm
KarlRove wrote:

FT,
Mortars, and Safire doesn't discriminate when it impacts your body. You get as dead as the guy who does doorkick. He served in an active combat zone multiple times. That in itself is more than the rest of you marginalizers.

No, he did not serve in active combat zones. He lied about that so dimwits would vote for him

----
Hey ditz the entire nation of Iraq was an active combat zone as with Astan as well. Get over it

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/27/lindsey-graham-wrong-on-everything/

2seaoat

I never called him a chickenhawk. I called him butchmeup. This entire thread reinforces why I call him that, and why I find it interesting that Pace who is always telling us about his military service finds Butchmeup a model.....yep.....Barnies all. Just the type of person you would invite to your poker game......yep.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:I never called him a chickenhawk.  I called him butchmeup.  This entire thread reinforces why I call him that, and why I find it interesting that Pace who is always telling us about his military service finds Butchmeup a model.....yep.....Barnies all.  Just the type of person you would invite to your poker game......yep.

Now you crawfish.....as expected. I love how you think I am using him as a role model. I'm just pointing out the lies all of you tell here and slap each other on the back while doing it and in this instance, you're busted. He's probably a good three years from catching up with me in time spent across the pond and that's just from the GWOT. I spent 25 (of 48 active duty months) months across the pond on deployments in the Corps.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/27/lindsey-graham-wrong-on-everything/

Stick to the point RED HERRING. He deployed. You did not and neither did any one of your friends here.

2seaoat

Deployment seems to be where you found peace.  I am sorry that you cannot find the same now, but you are delusional if you think anybody cares that somebody served in the armed services.  If you could extract yourself from your delusional state you would realize.......Nobody cares.   It was a stupid waste of blood and resources, and like eating a bunch of sliders......America just wants to dump and get rid of a horrible mistake in the nearest toilet.   Wake up from your delusional state that people think Lindsey is anything but a wimp, or that you being deployed made you a hero......you missed that boat.

You were a pawn. You were tricked. America was tricked. 100k dead Iraqi civilians and you want us to respect your service......maybe if you and Butchmeup would quit acting like the purveyors of more totally stupid wars people might once again respect those who serve, but stupid is hard to respect, and I will save my respect for the people who try to help people, not kill them.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:Deployment seems to be where you found peace.  I am sorry that you cannot find the same now, but you are delusional if you think anybody cares that somebody served in the armed services.  If you could extract yourself from your delusional state you would realize.......Nobody cares.   It was a stupid waste of blood and resources, and like eating a bunch of sliders......America just wants to dump and get rid of a horrible mistake in the nearest toilet.   Wake up from your delusional state that people think Lindsey is anything but a wimp, or that you being deployed made you a hero......you missed that boat.

You were a pawn.  You were tricked.  America was tricked.  100k dead Iraqi civilians and you want us to respect your service......maybe if you and Butchmeup would quit acting like the purveyors of more totally stupid wars people might once again respect those who serve, but stupid is hard to respect, and I will save my respect for the people who try to help people, not kill them.

Since you are going to start pulling things out of your butt and making large, grandiose falsehoods, I can play that too. Except in my case, I believe the following to be true about you- You seem to resent things all military. I think a serviceman (Marines, CG, Navy, Army, AF) stole a woman from you in your youth and you haven't gotten over it. This thread was about the LIES you have told and others have told and insults you have dealt out in healthy portions to a Congressman you don't like. In your hate for the military you at least decided to make the best of your civilian life and make a butt ton of money- none of which adds up to the lost woman a military guy stole from you in your youth. So, you continue to project out your hate on all things military and here in this thread you ASSUME again. Grow up. Reread the thread. It was nothing about me and all about the lies and insults you continue to hurl about your buddy from SC. Guess what? You still don't have any time in the military and you still don't have that girl.

At your age, you have a hole in your life and that is having done something selfless for your country and you know you can't go back and touch that base making you a whole man. That's something you resent the most. It was more important for you to chase the $. Money can't buy you a DD-214 homey or at least not unless you want to violate the federal law and the Stolen Valor Act. So, Butchmeup as you call him has you beat on three things you obviously cannot get- more money than he has, time served with for his country in a combat zone, and he never lost a chick to a serviceman. LOL.

KarlRove

KarlRove

As for you not caring, so what? There's a brother and sisterhood of people that do care about what we have done for our country. We have experiences, memories, and friendships that you will never have and we would not trade for all the money you made in your entire life. We can take what we did to the grave and be content. You can't take one dollar with you brother and that's where you have missed the boat.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Deployment seems to be where you found peace.  I am sorry that you cannot find the same now, but you are delusional if you think anybody cares that somebody served in the armed services.  If you could extract yourself from your delusional state you would realize.......Nobody cares.   It was a stupid waste of blood and resources, and like eating a bunch of sliders......America just wants to dump and get rid of a horrible mistake in the nearest toilet.   Wake up from your delusional state that people think Lindsey is anything but a wimp, or that you being deployed made you a hero......you missed that boat.

You were a pawn.  You were tricked.  America was tricked.  100k dead Iraqi civilians and you want us to respect your service......maybe if you and Butchmeup would quit acting like the purveyors of more totally stupid wars people might once again respect those who serve, but stupid is hard to respect, and I will save my respect for the people who try to help people, not kill them.

That was a very good post, Seaoat. Most vets don't need to brag about their service to find self-worth. KarlRove seems to be the exception. There is nothing wrong with being quietly proud of serving your country. His problem is he wants folks to kiss his ass because of his multiple deployments to the GWOT, and that is not going to happen--here on this forum especially.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

How come I don't get any medals for all the lives I saved in Vietnam?
No gooks got killed at the bowling alley and neither did I. Pretty darn good record if you ask me. And to Dick Cheney's credit, he saved a lot of lives being a draft dodger too. Him and me sees eye to eye on that.

2seaoat

Bob,

You are America. 1% of folks serve in the military. The respect for the military was never higher than in my youth after WWII when citizen soldiers were drafted into service of their country. It continued mostly through the Viet Nam war. However, 40 years since, it has been an all volunteer military which means that it is no longer a citizens military, but a mercenary military where for the most part it is an economic choice and people CHOOSE the job.

In those forty years we have become a militarized society going all over the world fighting proxy wars for special interests, and defense of the country is the LAST priority, but protecting special interests has been the ONLY priority. Into this void is the self interest of those who have their job on the line, their BENEFITS on the line, and the huge profits of those who sell war.

Pace is a pawn. He had NO options. He thinks that the mind set of three counties on the Gulf Coast who have the highest percentage of active military and retired military in the ENTIRE United States is the Norm. It is not. It is an exception within America. Americans are tired of war and the military consuming the budget while all of America's wealth is not invested in the future by pouring it down the rabbit hole. He thinks that I am angry at individuals who have chose the military as a career, I am not. I and most Americans simply want fiscal sanity, and a much smaller military which again is simply irrelevant when we are 10 fold our nearest nation state in military capability........so to put it simply Pace.....Nobody cares about your deployments, but everybody is concerned that this corporate welfare comes to an end, and you can hopefully be productive rather than a teat sucking public employee.......first in the military and now teaching......unprepared to actually participate in a free market capitalist market place where those who are the most apt and fit rise to the top, and those who lack initiative and skills not take a government job which the rest of us have to support.

This may seem harsh, and some will say I am off the reservation, but what I have stated here is what NOBODY wants to say out loud, as they tell a service person thank you for your service, go along with cuts and benefits, and worry about the price of a gallon of gas.......Pace....Nobody cares to partake in your fantasy.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Another very good post by Seaoat. And those who want careen the U.S. into a war against Iran in order to preserve Israel's illicit nuclear superiority in the Middle East most are most definitely putting U.S. interests last!! Lindsey Graham has been one of the biggest cheerleaders for attacking Iran, too.

KarlRove

KarlRove

This thread was about Senator Graham,
But as usual folks like Seaoat and his cacophony of assclowns turn it into an insultfest. Seaoat, you're wrong and you are in the tiniest majority. I've had one thread where I've talked about my deployments purposely,
Yet any military thread you, the bad flying LT, and others address always twist it. That's fine because it obviously bothers you and you folks continue to get butt hurt in multiple ways. I'm sorry that you never measured up to the military guy who stole your gf 40 years ago. She obviously wanted a man who could think of something more than that almighty dollar that won't go in your casket once you are planted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum