Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Denny getting indicted is shocking

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
knothead
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

The most disturbing part of this is that Denny went to Wheaton College which is a Christian College, and he was a devout Christian.  His support was very strong among Christians.  I knew no man or woman who could say one bad word about "coach".  I knew his cousin fairly well and both their families were in the restaurant business where they worked their butts off.  If Denny abused a student, then no student is safe.  I do not know how anybody could ever have suspected Denny of any wrong doing.

The abuse is shocking and a surprise, but what should have most people upset is the millions which were being transferred.  How many school teachers do you know who have a net worth over ten million and growing?  I sadly know that his son was involved in a lobbying effort where an Illinois factory got a deal with the department of defense which resulted in a multi hundreds of thousand dollar fee to the son.  Politicians who leave government and become wealthy like Bill Clinton or Denny are selling special interests access to the coffers of the American taxpayer.  I am not suggesting either was direct corruption, and like the legal argument within Citizens that money alone is not corruption......this idea is flawed.   Congress should have the authority to regulate campaigns, and there should be at least a five year restriction on any lobbying effort by a former elected official or their family.

We can get excited about the illicit details of all these politicians, but they are simply human failings, but the stealing of this country by the 1% who pay these politicians to get the legislation which rewards the special interests while emptying the treasury is where our focus should be.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:You asked what could be worth $3 million.  I said my first choice is homo sex.  
Don't I at least get a little credit for nailing this one.

No. You didn't distinguish between homosexuality and pedophilia. No points.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:The most disturbing part of this is that Denny went to Wheaton College which is a Christian College, and he was a devout Christian.  His support was very strong among Christians.

By "disturbing", you must mean "predictable".

2seaoat

No. You didn't distinguish between homosexuality and pedophilia. No points.

What any of us do with another consenting adult is nobody's business.  What we do with children who lack the capacity to consent is entirely a different animal.  I could care less about Clinton's BJ, Newt's affairs, or Livingston's affairs.  Denny abusing a student who was underage is not about adults consenting.

Sal

Sal

That's nice and all, but you're choosing to ignore the rank hypocrisy.

These people profess to represent the "family values" party and are quick to pass judgement on anyone who doesn't subscribe to their dogma.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote: So I think that it now looks like if you take Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert, and Robert Livingston the the Republican Speakers or would be speakers, Clinton is a choir boy."

It makes me wonder what kind of dirt exists in John Boehner's closet, and when will it be revealed?

(caveat: I am sure Nancy had some too...)

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Politicians who leave government and become wealthy like Bill Clinton or Denny are selling special interests access to the coffers of the American taxpayer.  I am not suggesting either was direct corruption, and like the legal argument within Citizens that money alone is not corruption......this idea is flawed.  Congress should have the authority to regulate campaigns, and there should be at least a five year restriction on any lobbying effort by a former elected official or their family.

I am sure Hastert thought he had become invincible--corruption has a way of turning folks. Like, "I have become so different from ordinary Americans that it does not matter if I lie to the FBI, nothing will come of it." He needs to get at least three years in federal detention. I  am sure the IRS will go after Denny's payee, too. He is going to have a whopping tax bill from the payola he received. Maybe the IRS needs to also take a deep look at Hastert's finances just to set a precedence for others like him.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:You asked what could be worth $3 million.  I said my first choice is homo sex.  
Don't I at least get a little credit for nailing this one.

No.  You didn't distinguish between homosexuality and pedophilia.  No points.

Well it depends on who is defining the term.  
If you ask a christian evangelical right-winger like michelle bachman or sarah palin,  they will tell you homosexuality and pedophilia are the same thing. They're convinced that all homosexuals are trying to convert their children into homosexuals.

Actually they're part right.  What with Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno and now this,  it does look like football coaches indeed are trying to turn your children into fags.  I thought football coaches were supposed to be these he-men characters.  Now we see they aint nothing but a bunch of sissy fags.  I bet there was a bunch of em camped at the beach on Memorial Day.

2seaoat

Bob,

Nobody cares that Denny liked the same sex or not.  The issue is abuse of a child and the huge amount of money a former school teacher was able to collect by "serving the public".   Bohner bought a three million dollar condo on Marco Island in the same building as a friend.  The friend owns a successful printing business and he and many others are asking how does a politician afford the same?

Our politicians have become prostitutes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,

Nobody cares that Denny liked the same sex or not

You really don't know anything about right wing evangelicals, do you? Lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This 1992 movie, The Distinguished Gentleman, with Eddie Murphy playing a con-man who gets elected to Congress, puts the corruption of Congress into perspective. They are all like this, and it does not matter what party you come from.

2seaoat

You really don't know anything about right wing evangelicals, do you? Lol

Get over it.....they are judging people all the time for a full range of behavior other than sexual.  It is their right.  It is my right to ignore them, and again nobody gives a rat's tail about somebody having sex with the same sex, but a child........they care about.   Drinking, playing poker, no longer attending church regularly have evangelicals thinking I am a bad person and I like only women.

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

This 1992 movie, The Distinguished Gentleman, with Eddie Murphy playing a con-man who gets elected to Congress, puts the corruption of Congress into perspective. They are all like this, and it does not matter what party you come from.

BUt you sure do spend a lot of time denigrating the GOP and sucking teat of the DEms.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:again nobody gives a rat's tail about somebody having sex with the same sex, but a child.

Well if that's the case,  then the Holy God in the Bible must be a child.  Cause he did give a rat's tail.  Called it an abomination and an ultimate sin.
And all the 285 million evangelicals in the world must be children too cause they all believe the same bullshit.
Not to mention the several evangelicals running for President.  But how can they be children when the eligibility age is 35.

Close but no...  actually I will give you the cigar.  But only a cigar which can be bought at Circle K.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And of course I didn't even count the muslims.  Or the russians.  Or numerous other very large populations of people.

And speaking of the russians,  the homosexual bigotry over there IS NOT diminishing with time.  It's getting worse with time.  They're now flat out persecuting homosexuals. And I think we can agree that Putin is beyond the age of a "child".

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:And of course I didn't even count the muslims.  Or the russians.  Or numerous other very large populations of people.

And speaking of the russians,  the homosexual bigotry over there IS NOT diminishing with time.  It's getting worse with time.  They're now flat out persecuting homosexuals.  And I think we can agree that Putin is beyond the age of a "child".

The persecution of homosexuals has been politicized by the pseudo-Christians of the fundamentalist (dominionist) right wing. The same thing has been done to women...a party that doesn't believe in government intervention, except when it abridges the rights of people who are "different"...or when it "puts women in their place".

2seaoat

Bob,
The majority of Americans just do not care based on every poll in the last two years.   Last time I checked I  did not live in Russia or the Middle East.......so again.....get over it.....nobody cares, but they do care about abuse of a child and three plus million being paid by a retired school teacher.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

get over it.....nobody cares

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/homophobia-its-a-black-thing/1175642

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Last time I checked I  did not live in Russia or the Middle East

I have no idea where you live, but it sure must not be the South. lol

2seaoat

My family is from the south where I spent much of my life, and in regard to the historical black disdain for homosexuals that is mostly the reaction of a downtrodden group looking to find a group lower on the totem pole than they are......it is a social psychology reality that people are always looking to enhance their position by finding others to chastise and hold in disdain.  However, the trend is simply nobody cares, and that includes blacks.  You have a tendency to do the same, not a little bit, but a whole lota NOT love....blacks, muslims, mexicans, christians, and worse of all Yanks.....as you perfect what social psychologist have been studying......it appears Denny did the same.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:My family is from the south where I spent much of my life, and in regard to the historical black disdain for homosexuals that is mostly the reaction of a downtrodden group looking to find a group lower on the totem pole than they are......it is a social psychology reality that people are always looking to enhance their position by finding others to chastise and hold in disdain.  However, the trend is simply nobody cares, and that includes blacks.  You have a tendency to do the same, not a little bit, but a whole lota NOT love....blacks, muslims, mexicans, christians, and worse of all Yanks.....as you perfect what social psychologist have been studying......it appears Denny did the same.

Since you're the authority on minorities, may I ask Your Highness one question?

As we speak, I've been conversing (both by phone and email) with a local black friend who is now in Iraq working in a small military camp as an IT technician doing contract work.

So the question is simple. If I have "a whole lota NOT love" for black people, why am I doing that?
And if you should choose to answer the question, all I request is you don't try to answer it with that pseudo-academic nonsense you attempt to introduce into much of your writing. Just answer it in common terms we can all understand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum