Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Karl and Markle: EVERY republican candidate for president (except for only Dubya's bubba) disagrees with you two.

+3
KarlRove
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You and Brother Jeb are now the only holdouts left who still say it was the right thing to do to invade Iraq.

Hell it's bad enough to be in a minority that is only 5% of the population like the one I'm in.
But now you folk find yourselves in a minority that has only 3 people in it.  That must really suck.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute, I forgot. You still have Dick "Five Deferment Because I Had Other Priorities" Cheney and his mechanical heart on your side.
So make that a minority of four. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay,  so you do have even one more cohort.  That would be Dubya's mommy Babs "I Can't Waste My Beautiful Mind Thinking About Body Bags" Bush in your camp too.
So make it five.  

Damn,  Karl,  I think you and Markle must be honorary members of that fucking family by now.  lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Try to keep up, Bob. I know it's hard, like a tilt-a-whirl.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Bob wrote:You and Brother Jeb are now the only holdouts left who still say it was the right thing to do to invade Iraq.

Hell it's bad enough to be in a minority that is only 5% of the population like the one I'm in.
But now you folk find yourselves in a minority that has only 3 people in it.  That must really suck.  lol

It wasn't the invasion that was mismanaged, it was keeping the peace and the light footprint of troops that Rumsfeld decided to go with.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:You and Brother Jeb are now the only holdouts left who still say it was the right thing to do to invade Iraq.

Not even brother Jeb is on board with Iraq anymore. He changed his mind again this week.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/13/politics/jeb-bush-iraq-2016/index.html

Jeb Bush again changes Iraq answer

Scottsdale, Arizona (CNN)The war in Iraq -- the issue that defined George W. Bush's presidency and haunted candidates from both parties on the 2008 campaign trail -- is back.

And this time it's creating headaches for Jeb Bush.

In his clearest declaration yet on his feelings about his brother's invasion of Iraq, the former Florida governor said Thursday that "knowing what we know now, ...I would not have engaged."

"I would not have gone into Iraq," he said.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn, now Karl and markle no longer have anybody to vote for. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It wasn't the invasion that was mismanaged, it was keeping the peace and the light footprint of troops that Rumsfeld decided to go with.

It was a clusterfuck from the git-go. From Bush's first planning meeting on the subject, which apparently happened within days of him assuming office in January of 2001.

You can't blame the military, as they were just following orders--but the politicians who sanctioned and ramrodded this fuck-up, they should have been pilloried, and will be in history books that have yet to be written.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

The idea of invading/occupying Iraq was a disaster in and of itself, no matter how it was managed.  There simply is no return to be had on the thousands of lives and $2 to $6 trillion that will ultimately be spent.   None.  In fact, it made the world worse off.   Nobody came out a winner there.

Anyone who doesn't see that needs to be kept far away from presidential politics.  There is no room here to say "Yeah but if they had only done it this way..."   It's akin to saying that repeatedly hitting yourself in the head with a hammer is a good idea, so long as you manage that activity well.   No.  It isn't.  No matter how it is managed.  

Just imagine how much better off we would be if we had spent that money on our own infrastructure, subsidizing college education for those who cannot afford it, or anything else other than invading and occupying Iraq.  Hell, we could probably could have spent $2 to $6 trillion constructing schools throughout the Middle East and educating children so as to make them resistant to religious radicalization, and even that would have been money better spent.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:The idea of invading/occupying Iraq was a disaster in and of itself, no matter how it was managed.  There simply is no return to be had on the thousands of lives and $2 to $6 trillion that will ultimately be spent.   None.  In fact, it made the world worse off.   Nobody came out a winner there.

Anyone who doesn't see that needs to be kept far away from presidential politics.  There is no room here to say "Yeah but if they had only done it this way..."   It's akin to saying that repeatedly hitting yourself in the head with a hammer is a good idea, so long as you manage that activity well.   No.  It isn't.  No matter how it is managed.  

Just imagine how much better off we would be if we had spent that money on our own infrastructure, subsidizing college education for those who cannot afford it, or anything else other than invading and occupying Iraq.  Hell, we could probably could have spent $2 to $6 trillion constructing schools throughout the Middle East and educating children so as to make them resistant to religious radicalization, and even that would have been money better spent.

Every fricking word in your post is true.

And just think about it, at the time virtually all of our elected representatives from both political parties signed on to this madness.

They all said let's invade Iraq to get revenge for 9/11 even though Iraq had not a damn thing to do with 9/11.

But it gets even worse. Because it was later determined that it was actually the Saudis who financed the 9/11 hijackers. And how did our government respond to that?
It hid the evidence of it from the American people by redacting that from the 9/11 Commission Report. And it is still hiding it from the American people a decade later.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 5:18 pm

It was a clusterfuck from the git-go. From Bush's first planning meeting on the subject, which apparently happened within days of him assuming office in January of 2001.

You can't blame the military, as they were just following orders--but the politicians who sanctioned and ramrodded this fuck-up, they should have been pilloried, and will be in history books that have yet to be written.
----
Far from a clusterfuck. We rolled up Iraqis faster than we could literally capture them.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Had we used the same forces with the same troop levels from first gulf war and secured specific areas with explosives and such al Qaeda exploited, there would not have been an insurgency.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Far from a clusterfuck. We rolled up Iraqis faster than we could literally capture them.  

I agree that tactically, it was a cakewalk, as it should have been.

But, it was a strategic blunder beyond recognition. Just like the war against Iran that you long for will be. Not to worry, however; we won't elect someone who will follow through with that hair-brained idea in the next cycle.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Someone needs to watch the documentary I just posted to the movie forum.

Markle

Markle

Lie

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Lie

Of course it's a lie. Bill O'Reilly says so.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:

Glad to see you agree we lost the Iraq War.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Had we used the same forces with the same troop levels from first gulf war and secured specific areas with explosives and such al Qaeda exploited, there would not have been an insurgency.

And if pigs could fly .... blah blah blah ...

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
KarlRove wrote:

Glad to see you agree we lost the Iraq War.

Liar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum