Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Hillary Clinton, MIA on trade"

+2
boards of FL
gatorfan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Hillary Clinton, MIA on trade" Empty "Hillary Clinton, MIA on trade" 5/13/2015, 12:40 pm

gatorfan

When she was SecState she was all for TPP, now she has turned into a wind vane – in short just another politician.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/hillary-clinton-mia/2015/05/12/d89d9e68-f8bc-11e4-a13c-193b1241d51a_story.html?hpid=z3

She has also gone over 3 weeks without answering a question by the press. What's she afraid of doing - sticking her foot in her mouth like her Republican opponents do daily?

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/05/12/heres-a-clock-that-counts-the-minutes-since-hillary-clinton-answered-a-press-question/ )

boards of FL

boards of FL

"Entire republican party MIA on everything except war with Iran and repealing health insurance for millions of Americans."

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So Hillary sucks and so do the republican candidates.

Looks like as long as we have only democrats and republicans it's always going to be a vote for the lesser of the evils. Which makes it a vote against something instead of for something.

And you libtards and right-wingers keep telling me I need to get "off the fence".
Not hardly. I'd rather stay on the fence than to come down and step in the cow shit on both sides of it.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Lol

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:"Entire republican party MIA on everything except war with Iran and repealing health insurance for millions of Americans."

Whatever.....

gatorfan

Bob wrote:So Hillary sucks and so do the republican candidates.

Looks like as long as we have only democrats and republicans it's always going to be a vote for the lesser of the evils.  Which makes it a vote against something instead of for something.

And you libtards and right-wingers keep telling me I need to get "off the fence".
Not hardly.  I'd rather stay on the fence than to come down and step in the cow shit on both sides of it.

And neither the "libtards" nor the "right wingers (particularly the tea bangers)" will ever admit their beloved party has their fair share of morons.

There are moderates in both parties but they never get the press, hopefully the "silent majority" will find a voice one of these days and flush the extreme crap heads out of both parties.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:So Hillary sucks and so do the republican candidates.

Looks like as long as we have only democrats and republicans it's always going to be a vote for the lesser of the evils.  Which makes it a vote against something instead of for something.

That is the world that we live in. I've used this example before: There is an out of control train barreling down the tracks and approaching a fork. On one side of the fork is an elderly couple trapped in their car. On the other side is a school bus filled with children, also trapped. You're standing by the lever that will decide the direction of the train. Neither option is optimal. If you take no action, the train will head in the direction of the children.

Personally, I would divert the train towards the elderly couple.

Bob would declare both options unacceptable and would instead cross his fingers and hope for a super hero to swoop in and save everyone. Meanwhile, the train would divert towards the children. But, hey, at least he didn't have to do any wrastlin!

Sal

Sal

The differences in policy positions of the two parties and their respective candidates has rarely been starker.

Last edited by Sal on 5/13/2015, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

But regarding Hilary and the TPP, it's really hard to evaluate this because not much is known about the TPP. We know some who support and we know some who are against (and I suppose some who care not to say either way or who flounder on the issue.) It isn't as if the TPP is a policy issue that anyone has a truly informed opinion on, and it isn't really something that either party can claim superiority on (though there is an anti-TPP populist opinion on the rise).

What really concerns me is when someone is MIA on softballs such as "Do you believe in evolution?" Anyone who can't answer a question like that is clearly pandering to our lowest common denominator, and shouldn't be allowed anywhere remotely near real-world discussion of policy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

That is the world that we live in.  I've used this example before:  There is an out of control train barreling down the tracks and approaching a fork.  On one side of the fork is an elderly couple trapped in their car.  On the other side is a school bus filled with children, also trapped.  You're standing by the lever that will decide the direction of the train.  Neither option is optimal.  If you take no action, the train will head in the direction of the children.  

Bob would declare both options unacceptable and would instead cross his fingers and hope for a super hero to swoop in and save everyone.  Meanwhile, the train would divert towards the children.  But, hey, at least he didn't have to do any wrastlin!

I prefer the analogy I've been using for years.

There is a McDonalds restaurant on the corner.
The menu at this McDonalds has only two items on it.
A shit sandwich.  And a snot burger.
bds would choose the shit sandwhich.
Markle would choose the snot burger.
Bob would look for another restaurant.

Markle

Markle

gatorfan wrote:When she was SecState she was all for TPP, now she has turned into a wind vane – in short just another politician.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/hillary-clinton-mia/2015/05/12/d89d9e68-f8bc-11e4-a13c-193b1241d51a_story.html?hpid=z3

She has also gone over 3 weeks without answering a question by the press. What's she afraid of doing - sticking her foot in her mouth like her Republican opponents do daily?

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/05/12/heres-a-clock-that-counts-the-minutes-since-hillary-clinton-answered-a-press-question/ )

Hillary Clinton and her handlers know there is nothing good that can happen by having her sit down with Bill O'Reilly or any other serious journalist and answer questions for an hour. She's terrible at it and proved that during the fiasco of a book tour.

Hillary would refuse to appear on the Ellen DeGeneres show for fear of being asked about her flip flop on gay marriage.

I think it is tonight, Bill Clinton is appearing on one of the last David Letterman shows, NOT Hillary Clinton. They want it to appear that Bill, not Hillary is running for office.

Hillary is doing fine NOT answering or appearing anywhere, why change?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

That is the world that we live in.  I've used this example before:  There is an out of control train barreling down the tracks and approaching a fork.  On one side of the fork is an elderly couple trapped in their car.  On the other side is a school bus filled with children, also trapped.  You're standing by the lever that will decide the direction of the train.  Neither option is optimal.  If you take no action, the train will head in the direction of the children.  

Bob would declare both options unacceptable and would instead cross his fingers and hope for a super hero to swoop in and save everyone.  Meanwhile, the train would divert towards the children.  But, hey, at least he didn't have to do any wrastlin!

Oooo...touchy, touchy, touchy today and why?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:But regarding Hilary and the TPP, it's really hard to evaluate this because not much is known about the TPP.  We know some who support and we know some who are against (and I suppose some who care not to say either way or who flounder on the issue.)  It isn't as if the TPP is a policy issue that anyone has a truly informed opinion on, and it isn't really something that either party can claim superiority on (though there is an anti-TPP populist opinion on the rise).

What really concerns me is when someone is MIA on softballs such as "Do you believe in evolution?"  Anyone who can't answer a question like that is clearly pandering to our lowest common denominator, and shouldn't be allowed anywhere remotely near real-world discussion of policy.

Yeah, "Do you believe in evolution" is really relevant. Give us all a break.

No one is informed on the TPP deal because it has been kept totally secret and all the Democrats are opposed.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:But regarding Hilary and the TPP, it's really hard to evaluate this because not much is known about the TPP.  We know some who support and we know some who are against (and I suppose some who care not to say either way or who flounder on the issue.)  It isn't as if the TPP is a policy issue that anyone has a truly informed opinion on, and it isn't really something that either party can claim superiority on (though there is an anti-TPP populist opinion on the rise).

What really concerns me is when someone is MIA on softballs such as "Do you believe in evolution?"  Anyone who can't answer a question like that is clearly pandering to our lowest common denominator, and shouldn't be allowed anywhere remotely near real-world discussion of policy.

Yeah, "Do you believe in evolution" is really relevant.  Give us all a break.

No one is informed on the TPP deal because it has been kept totally secret and all the Democrats are opposed.

It is absolutely relevant. If someone is willing to ignore science in order to pander to the ignorant, well, they shouldn't be involved in dictating policy for society. That should be an instantaneous disqualification.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

And you wouldn't find one. There is only McDonalds.

Sal

Sal

A better analogy would be ...

... Bob is stranded on a desert island.

One day two crates wash ashore.

One is full of MRE's, but some have been damaged and spoiled with sea water.

The other is full of arsenic.

Bob starves to death.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:A better analogy would be ...

... Bob is stranded on a desert island.

One day two crates wash ashore.

One is full of MRE's, but some have been damaged and spoiled with sea water.

The other is full of arsenic.

Bob starves to death.

That's actually a very clever analogy in reply to my analogy.  See bds, Sal  is showing you how you do a good analogy.  lol

And it might even apply to most people.  But not in my case.
I routinely buy expired food from a grocery vendor at the T&W flea market.
AND,  I bought a really old case of MRE's from a yard sale which were left over from the FEMA distribution after Hurricane Ivan.  Not a thing wrong with them.  I'm told they can last longer than 20 years.  So I would definitely eat the ones you refer to.  

Close.  But no ceegar.  lol

p.s.  I learned all this from my long time yard sale partner who is hands down the cheapest human being who ever lived.   He makes Jack Benny look like Diamond Jim.  If I ever write a book,  it will be about his exploits.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
And you wouldn't find one.  There is only McDonalds.  

Yes that's true.  Right now there is only one restaurant and the two choices on the menu.  
So what I would do is stop going to that restaurant and if everyone took my advice and did the same that restaurant would go bankrupt and close down.  And once that happened an alternative restaurant would fill the void left by that.

So how is that an analogy to how we can make a change in this political clusterfuck we're in?
Simple.  Don't vote.  Just like if everyone stayed out of that McDonalds, that would spell it's demise;   if we all refuse to vote it would do the same to the republicans and the democrats.  Game over.
It's the easiest and most absolutely foolproof way to make it happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum