Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A 1%er says it's time to raise the minimum wage, a win/win for everyone

+3
Markle
2seaoat
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

Mr. Markle have you as an employer had a payroll? Have you ever paid an employee minimum wage? I have, and the raising of the same by 20-40% would not impact my business because as the pay increases, the quality of the employees improves. Good people are not taking minimum wage jobs because they cannot support their families because the rate has fallen too low. NOBODY wants to be at the level of minimum wage, but it is a business reality that certain jobs are the lowest paying because employees require little training and they are interchangeable. I would rather have stability and higher wages are good for everybody in the current environment......it however can go too far and be inflationary and without common sense....we are a long way from that point.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle have you as an employer had a payroll?  Have you ever paid an employee minimum wage?  I have, and the raising of the same by 20-40% would not impact my business because as the pay increases, the quality of the employees improves.   Good people are not taking minimum wage jobs because they cannot support their families because the rate has fallen too low.  NOBODY wants to be at the level of minimum wage, but it is a business reality that certain jobs are the lowest paying because employees require little training and they are interchangeable.  I would rather have stability and higher wages are good for everybody in the current environment......it however can go too far and be inflationary and without common sense....we are a long way from that point.

Sure have, for the better part of my life.

THANK YOU for so convincingly supporting my view that the Minimum Wage is an unnecessary government regulations.

Wordslinger is afraid to answer these simple questions although he infers that he knows the answers. You too know the answers so how about you posting them for us?

What percentage of households rely on one worker earning minimum wage?

What is the typical household income where one worker earns minimum wage.

If you can't easily answer those questions, from a reliable source, you really don't know anything about minimum wage other than it makes you FEEL GOOD.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle have you as an employer had a payroll?  Have you ever paid an employee minimum wage?  I have, and the raising of the same by 20-40% would not impact my business because as the pay increases, the quality of the employees improves.   Good people are not taking minimum wage jobs because they cannot support their families because the rate has fallen too low.  NOBODY wants to be at the level of minimum wage, but it is a business reality that certain jobs are the lowest paying because employees require little training and they are interchangeable.  I would rather have stability and higher wages are good for everybody in the current environment......it however can go too far and be inflationary and without common sense....we are a long way from that point.

Sure have, for the better part of my life.

THANK YOU for so convincingly supporting my view that the Minimum Wage is an unnecessary government regulations.

Wordslinger is afraid to answer these simple questions although he infers that he knows the answers.  You too know the answers so how about you posting them for us?

What percentage of households rely on one worker earning minimum wage?

What is the typical household income where one worker earns minimum wage.

If you can't easily answer those questions, from a reliable source, you really don't know anything about minimum wage other than it makes you FEEL GOOD.

What makes me feel good, is knowing that almost all democrats want the minimum wage raised -- along with a significant number of republicans! I love it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum