Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A great idea for solving America's battle with young African American men!

+3
2seaoat
KarlRove
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:The Military ensures you aren't bending over five times a day to pray or having your head lopped off your  body.

Do you ever stop fearmongering?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Butchmeups never stop....they enhance the importance of the military and are part of the 1% who have served and have gotten a government check....unless they are Dick Cheney and he only serves MIC, but in the end they are just scared to death about NOTHING....absolutely nothing.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
KarlRove wrote:They can start by being fathers to their sons and not leaving the parenting to the mommas

Pensacola is loaded with white trash rednecks who have fatherless families where the men do not support their children and where baby-mommas line-up at the Department of Children and Families for benefits. They also live in HUD housing all over the place. It is not just Black thing here.

Where do you think the moniker "Trailer-Trash" came from? It wasn't the Black folks.

In the past, the black family unit was one of the strongest in the United States. Then came the War on Poverty and "Great Society" of President Lyndon Johnson and it all turned around.

Now it is just the opposite. We now reward bad behavior and punish good behavior. Is that how it worked in your family when you were growing up?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
KarlRove wrote:They can start by being fathers to their sons and not leaving the parenting to the mommas

Pensacola is loaded with white trash rednecks who have fatherless families where the men do not support their children and where baby-mommas line-up at the Department of Children and Families for benefits. They also live in HUD housing all over the place. It is not just Black thing here.

Where do you think the moniker "Trailer-Trash" came from? It wasn't the Black folks.

What is the unemployment rate for whites and blacks in Pensacola?

2seaoat

the black family unit was one of the strongest in the United States.

How as a social scientist do you measure the strength of a family unit? Do you enjoy pulling pure bull Chit out of thin air or are you really this confused?

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

The white trailer trash aren't destroying their towns - it's the AA trailer trash that needs attention. Unless you want anarchy.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:the black family unit was one of the strongest in the United States.

How as a social scientist do you measure the strength of a family unit?  Do you enjoy pulling pure bull Chit out of thin air or are you really this confused?

You, Wordslinger and your other comrades have been taught this before.  Why do you all prefer to feign ignorance?

Last edited by Markle on 5/7/2015, 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:we won in Iraq.

In about a week, and then lost everyday thereafter in the occupation.....every single day .

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Yes, I just read my first Iraq War memoir the other day, and it seems as though our troops were mostly just IED bait after we "won."

You obviously love reading fiction.

After we won, which as you well know, was claimed by both semi-retired President Obama and his Vice President, Joe Biden, against all advice, President Obama pulled out all our troops. The peace then lasted for three years until the ISIS JV took over.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The proper object of war is to defeat an enemy and then control the destiny of the defeated nation so they are no longer a threat.

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Afghanistan.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

At no point in our illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq did we resolve the tribal differences that create conflict between the Sunnis, shiias and Kurds.

With considerably more boots on the ground than we could afford, for a duration of decades, we might have controlled the three conflictive peoples who populate Iraq.

And it would have broken our own country.

Do you really expect us to believe your crapola that we "won" in Iraq?

You're a much bigger fool than I thought ... LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:The proper object of war is to defeat an enemy and then control the destiny of the defeated nation so they are no longer a threat.

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

At no point in our illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq did we resolve the tribal differences that create conflict between the Sunnis, shiias and Kurds.

With considerably more boots on the ground than we could afford, for a duration of decades, we might have controlled the three conflictive peoples who populate Iraq.

What the President Johnson Vietnam war has to do with this, I have no clue. We lost because it was on TV. Had WWII had as much TV coverage, you'd have lost that one for us too.

As for Iraq, here is what your Progressives said about the victory.

Clinton also said Bush should not be faulted if banned weapons of mass destruction aren't found.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
- Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going? How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President? Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,400 American fatalities. Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Is45Jwqizc

Why do you constantly lie about simple to find FACTS?

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

AS usual, the red herring comes out. The topic is Baltimore and Words idea of how these folks have not had a fair chance. Wrong answer.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The proper object of war is to defeat an enemy and then control the destiny of the defeated nation so they are no longer a threat.

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

What the President Johnson Vietnam war has to do with this, I have no clue.  We lost because it was on TV.  Had WWII had as much TV coverage, you'd have lost that one for us too. No, we lost in Vietnam because the American people never considered the North Vietnamese a real threat to our country.

Clinton also said Bush should not be faulted if banned weapons of mass destruction aren't found.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
-  Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,400 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office. The war Obama fought in Iraq and in Afghanistan were wars he inherited. Neither one of them was necessary to protect the safety of Americans.

Since I don't lie about facts, I have no response to your bullshit accusation.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

What the President Johnson Vietnam war has to do with this, I have no clue.  We lost because it was on TV.  Had WWII had as much TV coverage, you'd have lost that one for us too.  No, we lost in Vietnam because the American people never considered the North Vietnamese a real threat to our country.

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,400 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.  The war Obama fought in Iraq and in Afghanistan were wars he inherited.  Neither one of them was necessary to protect the safety of Americans.  

All of your posts are unadulterated BS

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:Do you really expect us to believe your crapola that we "won" in Iraq?

You're a much bigger fool than I thought ... LOL[/size]

He has been spouting the same propaganda for years on this forum and over at the PNJ. Nobody believes his nutty pontifications on the matter.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

What the President Johnson Vietnam war has to do with this, I have no clue.  We lost because it was on TV.  Had WWII had as much TV coverage, you'd have lost that one for us too.  No, we lost in Vietnam because the American people never considered the North Vietnamese a real threat to our country.

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,400 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.  The war Obama fought in Iraq and in Afghanistan were wars he inherited.  Neither one of them was necessary to protect the safety of Americans.  

All of your posts are unadulterated BS

I love you too, fascist bastard.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

But Bush won all those wars and then Obama lost em.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

But Bush won all those wars and then Obama lost em.

Your comment reminded me from a scene in the old science-fiction flick The Body Snatchers You know, the one where the girl suddenly realizes her boyfriend has become an alien . . . not you too Bob!! Oh my God! LOL

Wordslinger wrote:A friend of mine wrote the following letter to an editor of an upper New York State newspaper, and I think it's a terrific idea!

"Yesterday, President Obama's response to Baltimore's chaos made three points: This is important. This is significant. These are our kids.    

Our national budget is overburdened with billions of dollars to be spent for military purposes.  Do we really need to be Big Daddy to the world at a dreadful cost to our own people?  Consider the costs for law and order and the massive incarceration rates that convert frustrated, undereducated, under-inspired and unemployed into convicts who yo-yo from prison to the streets and back to prison.  By comparison, the costs of a new CCC-type program would be minuscule.  The need to get unemployed black and white men back to work, learning responsibility to provide for family, their country and themselves is real.

And so is our country's need to repair tunnels, bridges, roads and other failing infrastructure.

My heart cries out for our country now!  So much money and so many lives wasted.  We've GOT to take a different route to solve these horrid riots and senseless deaths.  These young people need direction, hard work and purpose -- not billy clubs, jail and racial hatred.  Obama's right.  This is important.  This is significant.  These are our kids.

This is our country."

The disconnect comes with all Americans and their quest for the American dream. What is the American dream? Used to be a good paying job, family, education, and moving those children along into their own American dream. We became the society of instant gratification where the less work we can do to gain more is the easy and desired way. It's not only associated with one race. It's across the board.

I'm not so sure that the CCC would be the answer. There are jobs out there but as I've counseled people on budget planning through local non-profits I find they are not willing to work. You never hear anyone say my goal is to work my way through college even if it takes six years. What we hear is I have a degree and no job. Something is wrong and a bandaid fix of a CCC type program is only a talking point for a politician.

People need to get up off their arses and work. There is work out there...if you're willing to actually work, plan, budget, set a goal and stop focusing on all the stuff you don't have. I see it in the attitudes of people...the lack of vision. Clueless. No feeling of responsibility to anyone...not even themselves.

It comes from within. NO government program puts the zest for life and goal setting in you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:A friend of mine wrote the following letter to an editor of an upper New York State newspaper, and I think it's a terrific idea!

"Yesterday, President Obama's response to Baltimore's chaos made three points: This is important. This is significant. These are our kids.    

Our national budget is overburdened with billions of dollars to be spent for military purposes.  Do we really need to be Big Daddy to the world at a dreadful cost to our own people?  Consider the costs for law and order and the massive incarceration rates that convert frustrated, undereducated, under-inspired and unemployed into convicts who yo-yo from prison to the streets and back to prison.  By comparison, the costs of a new CCC-type program would be minuscule.  The need to get unemployed black and white men back to work, learning responsibility to provide for family, their country and themselves is real.

And so is our country's need to repair tunnels, bridges, roads and other failing infrastructure.

My heart cries out for our country now!  So much money and so many lives wasted.  We've GOT to take a different route to solve these horrid riots and senseless deaths.  These young people need direction, hard work and purpose -- not billy clubs, jail and racial hatred.  Obama's right.  This is important.  This is significant.  These are our kids.

This is our country."

The disconnect comes with all Americans and their quest for the American dream.  What is the American dream?  Used to be a good paying job, family, education, and moving those children along into their own American dream.  We became the society of instant gratification where the less work we can do to gain more is the easy and desired way.   It's not only associated with one race.  It's across the board.  

I'm not so sure that the CCC would be the answer.  There are jobs out there but as I've counseled people on budget planning through local non-profits I find they are not willing to work.  You never hear anyone say my goal is to work my way through college even if it takes six years.  What we hear is I have a degree and no job.  Something is wrong and a bandaid fix of a CCC type program is only a talking point for a politician.  

People need to get up off their arses and work.  There is work out there...if you're willing to actually work, plan, budget, set a goal and stop focusing on all the stuff you don't have.  I see it in the attitudes of people...the lack of vision.  Clueless.  No feeling of responsibility to anyone...not even themselves.  

It comes from within. NO government program puts the zest for life and goal setting in you.

You must be a racist and a right-wing wingnut to express a racist opinion like that. I bet you even sneak milk duds into the movie theater too. lol

Don't mess with my mild duds. Shocked Laughing

Hey, it is what it is and like I said...it's across the board.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:Don't mess with my mild duds. Shocked  Laughing

Hey, it is what it is and like I said...it's across the board.

You brought up some interesting points. Let me ask you, what are the elements necessary to instill in a child the desire to contribute and work towards desirable goals?

Where does the "drive to work" and achieve come from?

Inborn? Environmental?

I'm all ears ...

Look at your life, wordslinger, is it one thing? Different for everyone? But somewhere along the way a parent, teacher, neighbor, grandparent motivated us to WORK.

However, if the pattern is sit, complain, blame and hold out your hand then what?

Are there societal ills that keep a group of people down? I don't understand how when I see so many of every race successful in life.

If one has no motivation then what?

Turn to the government and become their political puppet.

gatorfan

How do you reengage young unemployed workers and get them motivated to obtain the high tech skills needed to succeed? How do you motivate them to stay away from the quick buck drug trade? How do you keep them in secondary school so they at least get a high school diploma? How do you keep them out of prison and jail if they don’t to play by the rules?

Until these and other questions can be answered the problem won’t go away just by throwing MORE money at it.

This article discusses Baltimore but the data can be applied to virtually and large metro area.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/29/news/economy/baltimore-economy/
“JOBS

The gross disparity in income has a lot to do with jobs.

Decades of decline in the manufacturing and shipping industries and a shrinking population have left large sections of the city in economic despair.
Meanwhile, there's been an influx of jobs in fields that are seeking white collar, college-educated workers, such as cyber security, life sciences and information technology, said Anirban Basu, CEO of Sage Policy Group, an economic and policy consulting group in Baltimore.

For young black men between the ages of 20 and 24, the unemployment rate was an astounding 37% in 2013, according to the most recent data available from the U.S. Census Bureau. That's compared with 10% for white men of the same age.

Even though hiring has picked up in Baltimore since 2013, Basu says the trend continues. And overall, unemployment is still much higher in Baltimore than it is nationwide.”

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Thus far I haven't found a single reason why the CCC idea wouldn't work.
Hello?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

We lost in Vietnam.

We lost in Iraq.

We're losing in Yemen.

We're losing in Libya.

Re: A great idea for solving America's battle with young African American men! Yesterday at 11:02 pm

Wordslinger

The proper object of war is to defeat an enemy and then control the destiny of the defeated nation so they are no longer a threat.

We lost in Iraq.

That's a lie. As you well know.

You added this to my quote: The war Obama fought in Iraq and in Afghanistan were wars he inherited. Neither one of them was necessary to protect the safety of Americans.

That too is a lie.

Seems that it just comes natural to you doesn't it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum