Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

IN ADDITION TO SHOOTING, BEATING AND STRANGLING UNARMED CITIZENS, COPS LOVE TO LIE ABOUT IT.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

They plant evidence, and regularly lie about what happened in court.  No wonder they need body armor, militarized vehicles and weaponry!

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/29570-cops-have-been-setting-up-suspects-with-false-testimony-for-decades

KarlRove

KarlRove

Hater

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Hater

We're supposed to like bad cops who make war on us with guns?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Hater

I'm just dealing with the facts War Hero;  cops do shoot unarmed suspects who are running away, and they do strangle suspects to death, and they frequently beat hell out of suspects and plant evidence, and then lie about it during investigations and in court.

And you're absolutely correct -- I do hate bad cops 100%!!

KarlRove

KarlRove

Don't break the law and you won't have any
Of these consequences you describe.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:Don't break the law and you won't have any
Of these consequences you describe.

So says the white boy from the sticks who probably wears his uniform to eliminate...

You should probably read the article before commenting.  Here's some of it:

Cops Have Been Setting Up Suspects With False Testimony for Decades

By Frank Serpico, Politico
11 April 15

"I call it “testi-lying.” It has been a regular practice in police forces across the United States, at least since I served on the NYPD: official testimony that is made part of a police after-action report but is a pure lie, an invention. In the old days police would carry a “drop gun” or a “drop knife”—an inexpensive weapon cops would bring along on patrol to drop onto or next to a suspect they had taken out so they could say he had threatened them. Today you don’t even need to do that; all you have to do to justify the use of deadly force if you are a police officer is to say that you feared for your life, for whatever reason. If the victim dies, that just means there will be one less witness around to contradict the testi-lie.

In the case of former Officer Michael Slager of the North Charleston police, it appears he was being extra-careful to cover his tracks. Probably he could have gotten away with simply declaring, as he did in his radioed report, that Walter Scott “took my Taser,” and in the after-action report he would have said simply that he had felt threatened by Scott. That probably would have sufficed to exonerate him. But Slager, having shot Scott eight times in the back—as everyone can plainly see in the now-famous video—perhaps felt that he needed a little help explaining what he was up to. So he apparently dropped his Taser next to Scott’s body, which would obviously help to make the case that Scott “took my Taser.”

If you think that what happened in North Charleston is a unique case, it is not..."

IN ADDITION TO SHOOTING, BEATING AND STRANGLING UNARMED CITIZENS, COPS LOVE TO LIE ABOUT IT.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Not all cops are bad!

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Not all cops are bad!

But all young black men who do not play for sport franchises of which you approve are.

We feel ya, Joanie.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:

But all young black men who do not play for sport franchises of which you approve are.

We feel ya, Joanie.

Never ever ever said that.....and you know it.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Yes, but the good ones won't speak up against the bad.

Legally, doesn't that make one a co-conspirator?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:

And you think that ia what happens all the time?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have personally experienced police from Pensacola Beach lying in court. I have also been excused from jury duty by answering no to the question, "In the absence of other witnesses, do you trust the word of the police?" (paraphrasing)
Yes, I'd say the police stick together...and there might be repercussions for not supporting fellow officers who try to make their cases hold up in court. If police have an "incident" that falls outside of protocol, or if they make an arrest, from that point on, there is pressure to make the charges stick or the incident to appear "justified".

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

And you think that ia what happens all the time?

Yes.  Absolutely.  Show me ANY proof of a police officer reporting a fellow officer for brutality.  ANY PROOF.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum