Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coach K

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coach K Empty Coach K 4/6/2015, 11:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

5th National Championship. What an awesome coach.

2Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/6/2015, 11:36 pm

Sal

Sal

Ratfaced fuck.

I only wish there coulda been an earthquake in Indy today that swallowed both teams, the arena, and all their fans.

That woulda been awesome.

3Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/6/2015, 11:46 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Ratfaced fuck.

I only wish there coulda been an earthquake in Indy today that swallowed both teams, the arena, and all their fans.

Haters gonna hate but you can not take away the legacy of Coach K.

4Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 1:48 am

2seaoat

Great game and well played. I did not get to see the first half because I finally got out of the house in the evening to play poker as peg leg is doing great. Coach K kept his composure when they were 7 down......a great victory for Duke.

5Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 6:19 am

Sal

Sal

Wisconsin lost their "poise" and got beat by freshman.

6Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 9:35 am

2seaoat

Wisconsin lost their "poise" and got beat by freshman.

No, just the opposite. At 2.18 left with them down, they still would not force a shot when they really really needed to shoot the three. Instead they were working the ball down methodically taking time off the clock and getting the two, only to have Duke shoot the three and grow the lead. Their discipline was remarkable, but they had to hurry the pace in the last two minutes and ate up too much clock when they were being too calm and collected as if they could make up that five point deficit with now less than a minute. Two key three point shots by Duke in that exchange which were answered only with one two point basket. Ky lost their composure. Wisconsin never did and never broke rank when they really should have been letting it fly under one minute. Duke played a great game, no excuses about the refs, or luck. Coach K after being 7 down kept his composure, gathered his players together and got it done. Great Coaching against a very good team.

7Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 11:06 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Wisconsin lost their "poise" and got beat by freshman.

No, just the opposite.  At 2.18 left with them down, they still would not force a shot when they really really needed to shoot the three.  Instead they were working the ball down methodically taking time off the clock and getting the two, only to have Duke shoot the three and grow the lead.  Their discipline was remarkable, but they had to hurry the pace in the last two minutes and ate up too much clock when they were being too calm and collected as if they could make up that five point deficit with now less than a minute.  Two key three point shots by Duke in that exchange which were answered only with one two point basket.  Ky lost their composure.   Wisconsin never did and never broke rank when they really should have been letting it fly under one minute.   Duke played a great game, no excuses about the refs, or luck.  Coach K after being 7 down kept his composure, gathered his players together and got it done.  Great Coaching against a very good team.

Same thing with Kentucky.....Coach Cal was telling them to go to the basket and the twins were eating up the clock instead.

8Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 11:13 am

Sal

Sal

Wisconsin lacked "poise" in the face of Duke's talented freshmen.

9Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 12:31 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Sal Today at 12:36 am
Ratfaced fuck.

------
Sal said: Whaaaa whaaaa my team lost and it's wrong cause we were best team on paper, but not on court.

10Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 6:45 pm

2seaoat

Sal said: Whaaaa whaaaa my team lost and it's wrong cause we were best team on paper, but not on court.

No his team was the best team in twenty years and was undefeated, who got beat by a very good Wisconsin team, who got beat by a very good Duke team. Nothing new here, and they were not just good on paper.

11Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 7:01 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Sal said: Whaaaa whaaaa my team lost and it's wrong cause we were best team on paper, but not on court.

No his team was the best team in twenty years and was undefeated, who got beat by a very good Wisconsin team, who got beat by a very good Duke team.  Nothing new here, and they were not just good on paper.

Sports commentators today said the Kentucky team had very little close games in the SEC. Kentucky encountered their real competition in the NCAA bracket.

12Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 7:12 pm

2seaoat

Sports commentators today said the Kentucky team had very little close games in the SEC. Kentucky encountered their real competition in the NCAA bracket.

They embarrassed my Auburn team twice.  The first game was so one sided in the first 10 minutes, that I had never seen such a slaughter between two Division one Schools.  Wisconsin lost.  Duke lost.  They played tough competition by design.   The SEC other than Florida and KY has not been a powerhouse basketball conference, but hangs its hat on football.  A great many games against Auburn like teams does nothing for building the required poise to become champions.  Three out of the last four years with the most Mac all americans they have proved that the best individuals do not always win Championships.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 4/7/2015, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/7/2015, 7:15 pm

2seaoat

Pace, this argument holds true for your football team. Vegas and the power rankings did not have FSU in the top 10, so when people said FSU was not going to win, much of that was based on competition leading up to the championship series, and not disrespect for FSU.

14Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/9/2015, 8:27 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Who is pace ?

15Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/9/2015, 10:35 am

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:Who is pace ?

The village idiot.

16Coach K Empty Re: Coach K 4/9/2015, 9:57 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove