Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fed puts growth forecast at ZERO

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://247wallst.com/economy/2015/04/03/us-growth-forecast-chopped-to-zero/

2seaoat

Which is probably better than over heating the economy and continuing to have the dollar rising while hurting employment in the export sector. Today I heard that a father is sending money to his daughter going to college in Canada and the exchange rate is 1.26 American to 1.00 Canadian. On Navarre Beach in 2007 after the real estate started to slip were getting a 1.09 to the American dollar. So real estate prices which were dropping by thirty to forty percent had the added 10% bonus. So a Condo worth 300k in 2005 was selling for 200k and they were getting another 18k knocked off on the exchange rate. Now that same Canadian goes to sell with his basis at 182K and converts the same to Canadian dollars another almost 80k Canadian dollars.

A strong dollar is slowing down our export industries and employment in those sectors, and sometimes too much success can bring consequences. An adjustment which slows down the dollar strength and growth is not all bad. Extreme economic turns are to be avoided.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KR got his info from some idiot's WordPress blog.... LOLOLOLOL!!!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:KR got his info from some idiot's WordPress blog.... LOLOLOLOL!!!

Hey, here's your big chance! Show us a reliable source and link saying that the government did NOT adjust their growth estimate to zero!

Either that or you could apologize to KR for lying about him?

2seaoat

Duh........the fed last week announced they were going to be raising interest rates at the end of the year........do you understand that both these announcements are completely contradictory......is growth going to be flat or do we have to raise interest rates to slow down the economy.......I guess Pace and Mr. Markle are new to Fed announcements.

My bet is we will have slower growth and no major raise in interest rates this year. In between the two contradictory fed announcements.....so economist understand, but political shills pick and choose.

Markle

Markle

From the source:

On February 2, the GDPNow model forecast GDP growth of 1.9%. At that time the change in net exports was forecast to be down $15 billion. By March 12, that total had dropped to a $40 billion negative change. Nonresidential construction spending was initially forecast to drop by 1.5% and is now forecast to be down 22.5%.

Read more: US Growth Forecast Chopped to Zero - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/economy/2015/04/03/us-growth-forecast-chopped-to-zero/#ixzz3WKB8676E

2seaoat

1.9% is much different than zero but is in between the rapid growth suggesting an interest rate increase, and the flat zero wrongfully suggested in the thread title......it gets tiring to be right most of the time.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:1.9% is much different than zero but is  in between the rapid growth suggesting an interest rate increase, and the flat zero wrongfully suggested in the thread title......it gets tiring to be right most of the time.

It is good to hear that you are full of vim, vigor and vitality!

2seaoat

It is good to hear that you are full of vim, vigor and vitality!

I am still breathing.....the rest is beyond my control.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum