Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clint Eastwood on his speech at the RNC convention

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.pineconearchive.com/120907-1.html

2seaoat

“They vett most of the people, but I told them, ‘You can’t do that with me, because I don’t know what I’m going to say,’” Eastwood recalled.

OOOOpppps!

I love Clint! However, what does it say about Romney's campaign........give the stage to an 82 year old man and you do not know what he is going to say.

At least this stops the strong rumors that the Democrats got to Clint and this was an intentional torpedo into Romney......nope......no conspiracy......just rookies now trying to convince the American Public that they are experienced enough to run the country.......OOOOOpppps!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Yomama wrote:Clint Eastwood on his speech at the RNC convention 1qgps10
Finally the proof the birthers had hoped to find. Call Rush, he'll get right on this. Great photo!

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:“They vett most of the people, but I told them, ‘You can’t do that with me, because I don’t know what I’m going to say,’” Eastwood recalled.

OOOOpppps!

I love Clint! However, what does it say about Romney's campaign........give the stage to an 82 year old man and you do not know what he is going to say.

At least this stops the strong rumors that the Democrats got to Clint and this was an intentional torpedo into Romney......nope......no conspiracy......just rookies now trying to convince the American Public that they are experienced enough to run the country.......OOOOOpppps!

What would his age have to do with it? Maybe if he had shown some signs of dementia, age might be a factor, but that clearly isn't the case with Eastwood.

I think he did great and like he said, he wasn't talking to liberals, he was talking to moderates and undecideds.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yomama wrote:Clint Eastwood on his speech at the RNC convention 1qgps10

LOL!

2seaoat

I deal with elderly. I can tell you that a person in their mid seventies until eighty usually are always lucid. From eighty to ninety I see people just get incredibly inconsistent as they slip into dementia. The saying about "senior moments" is not by accident. On any day he may be as sharp as he was at thirty, but if you have been around older Americans and do not recognize that you are taking a huge risk putting someone on at the prime time of your convention and you have no text......no idea what the person is going to say......and you allow a great video of Mitt Romney's life to slip into obscurity because you think you need some type of boost from a personality.......

[b]oooooooooPPPPPPPPs!

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:I deal with elderly. I can tell you that a person in their mid seventies until eighty usually are always lucid. From eighty to ninety I see people just get incredibly inconsistent as they slip into dementia. The saying about "senior moments" is not by accident. On any day he may be as sharp as he was at thirty, but if you have been around older Americans and do not recognize that you are taking a huge risk putting someone on at the prime time of your convention and you have no text......no idea what the person is going to say......and you allow a great video of Mitt Romney's life to slip into obscurity because you think you need some type of boost from a personality.......

[b]oooooooooPPPPPPPPs!

I understand a little about dementia, believe me I do. It's just that Eastwood has not shown even an ounce of dementia that I know of.

As for the risk of putting someone out there without any text, I agree it's a big risk. I just disagree that, in Eastwood's case, it's because of his age. A person doesn't just suddenly lose their thinking and reasoning when they turn 80. Some people start showing signs of dementia in their early 70s or earlier, some people--never. I just don't think 80 is a magic age.

2seaoat

I loved what he did that night. However, as Bill Mahr said, he killed, but the error of that evening was not Clint taking double the allocated time....or having incredibly uncomfortable moments of silence as he stumbled around thinking about what he was going to say next.....nope it was the decision making to put an 82 year old celebrity on the stage without knowing what he was going to say......and what are we talking about? It sure is not Rubio's speech, or all the people who were on the video who could talk about some of the good things that Romney has done with his life.......nope, if it is not early onset dementia, then it is an incredible lack of understanding why he was there.

My personal belief is that he did exactly what he wanted to do.....his movie is being released next week, and I cannot wait to go.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I get what you're saying about age, Seaoat. And in cases of dementia sometimes even family don't realize what's going on in the early stages. But I think that it's unfair to prejudge someone's mental capacity just on account of their age. Unless they're under 25. lol.

2seaoat

Well when you were 18 would you have considered going out with a fifty year old man? If age does not matter, and if age does not have negative connotations in America, then I have been missing something. I think Clint has done a brilliant job about portraying the aging process. He knows what is happening to him, and like in Torino, he is pissed. However, I would not put a fifty year old woman in the Miss America contest, and I would not put an 82 year old in my keynote position at a convention where I needed a bounce. One of the most brilliant men I ever knew would correct me at ninety and when he celebrated his 100th birthday, his artwork was scary good. He never lost a step in his cognitive skills, but for every one who defies what age brings there are 500 who show the truth.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Well when you were 18 would you have considered going out with a fifty year old man? If age does not matter, and if age does not have negative connotations in America, then I have been missing something. I think Clint has done a brilliant job about portraying the aging process. He knows what is happening to him, and like in Torino, he is pissed. However, I would not put a fifty year old woman in the Miss America contest, and I would not put an 82 year old in my keynote position at a convention where I needed a bounce. One of the most brilliant men I ever knew would correct me at ninety and when he celebrated his 100th birthday, his artwork was scary good. He never lost a step in his cognitive skills, but for every one who defies what age brings there are 500 who show the truth.

I don't believe that a majority of 82 year olds have dementia. What is the percentage of 82 year olds who have signs of dementia -do you know? I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a really high percentage at that age. I wouldn't prejudge an 82 year old based on something that afflicts, say, 20% of 82 year olds. That's what I'm saying.

No, I wouldn't have dated a 50 year old at age 18, but it wouldn't have been because of his mental capacity. Shocked

i guess we can add age the the seaoat bias list.

Nekochan

Nekochan

There were much younger people than Eastwood at the DNC convention who made fools out of themselves. Razz

NaNook

NaNook

A citizen was allowed to go on stage at a convention to speak. His speech was not prepared, not reviewed. Clint spoke his words....meanwhile Debbie Wasserman-Shultz is still fighting to prove her lies.......and she is the Head of the DNC.

Where is the balance in the News Reporting?

2seaoat

i guess we can add age the the seaoat bias list.

You bet I discriminate by age. I do not want four year olds driving, and I do not want 82 year olds telling me that they will wing it at the most important time in a convention. Gee, how many teachers continue teaching at 82......how many doctors continue practicing to 82........even in the Supreme Court which allows a person a lifetime job......most have the good sense to realize the aging process is real, and not some kind of figment of imagination.

I can tell you this now, I had a family doctor who was about 78 before he retired and the last five years it was a disaster. You see sometimes a baseball player, a football player from Green Bay, or anybody who is older still thinks they can do the job, and sadly failure is what awaits them, but often the failures are simply a diminishing of talents.........So yep, I am honest about my discriminations.......who ever made the call to put Clint on the stage without vetting him as to content, length, and ........well.....exactly what do you want the chair for Clint?.....yep, you are right.....younger people can suffer early onset dementia.....and somebody had a brain fart.

Eastwood did a fairly good job of making some serious points using humor. The brilliance was in the empty chair emphasizing the empty suit occupying the white house right now. And his comment about crying for all of the people still out work. Let the incessant clamor about the current crop of misleading and cherry picked jobs numbers from the lefties begin.

NaNook

NaNook

2seaoat wrote:i guess we can add age the the seaoat bias list.

You bet I discriminate by age. I do not want four year olds driving, and I do not want 82 year olds telling me that they will wing it at the most important time in a convention. Gee, how many teachers continue teaching at 82......how many doctors continue practicing to 82........even in the Supreme Court which allows a person a lifetime job......most have the good sense to realize the aging process is real, and not some kind of figment of imagination.

I can tell you this now, I had a family doctor who was about 78 before he retired and the last five years it was a disaster. You see sometimes a baseball player, a football player from Green Bay, or anybody who is older still thinks they can do the job, and sadly failure is what awaits them, but often the failures are simply a diminishing of talents.........So yep, I am honest about my discriminations.......who ever made the call to put Clint on the stage without vetting him as to content, length, and ........well.....exactly what do you want the chair for Clint?.....yep, you are right.....younger people can suffer early onset dementia.....and somebody had a brain fart.

Why would you not want to hear the truth from a 82 year old. Obama reads from the prompter, Clint didn't.

I'll never see 82, it's ok. If I did reach 82, I would like people to respect me. The Asian countries have it right. Old people have something to say, someone should listen.

2seaoat

I respect Brett.....but I argued for three years that he just was falling apart in November and December his last three years. People on the old PNJ forum would argue that Brett was as good as a new penny.....but he could not help Green Bay at the end....and well it was a sad departure. It is not a lack of respect for the elderly.....it is a realistic appraisal of the real limits of aging. I visit my Uncle at Lay Lake south of Birmingham. He is now 83 with serious health issues with eyesight loss and parkinsons......he says......seaoat......I never expected it would end this way.........

I have bad news for those who want to deny 82 is tough......it is tough.....growing old is not for sissies and Clint did a great job, and he is an inspiration to me......but to put him on during prime time to stumble and bumble.....he was funny in my opinion.....and the meandering added to the humor, but at a National convention in prime time.....nope.....where is the thread debating what the presidential candidate said......nothing.....the silence is deafening.

2seaoat wrote:

Perhaps we shouldn't allow anyone under thirty to vote either...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tarqbfMxQ2c

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum