Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stomach Bone is Connected to the Vagina Bone

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Holy ...

Shit ...

Republican State Representative Vito Barbieri from the state of Idaho thinks that a woman's vagina has some sort of direct passageway to her stomach because, I mean, how else does the pee come out?

This rather impressive display of anatomical ignorance (h/t Salon) came during a Idaho House State Affairs Committee hearing where the members heard testimony on a bill that "would ban doctors from prescribing abortion-inducing medication through telemedicine."

Our friend Vito asked Dr. Julie Madsen, who was testifying against the bill, if women could simply swallow a camera in order for doctors to perform remote gynecological exams. Madsen I assume chocked back cries of utter disdain and horror before explaining that "swallowed pills do not end up in the vagina."

On one hand, I would be willing to bet that most men are wildly uninformed about female anatomy. Why should Vito here be any different? He doesn't have a vagina so why does it matter that he knows anything about it? Oh yeah, because these exact idiot men get to make medical decisions on behalf of women.

The bill passed and Barbierei will go back to his side gig of sitting on the board of a crisis pregnancy center in the state. Cool.

http://jezebel.com/male-politician-thinks-that-your-vagina-and-stomach-are-1687558660

nadalfan

Sal wrote:Holy ...

Shit ...

Republican State Representative Vito Barbieri from the state of Idaho thinks that a woman's vagina has some sort of direct passageway to her stomach because, I mean, how else does the pee come out?

This rather impressive display of anatomical ignorance (h/t Salon) came during a Idaho House State Affairs Committee hearing where the members heard testimony on a bill that "would ban doctors from prescribing abortion-inducing medication through telemedicine."

Our friend Vito asked Dr. Julie Madsen, who was testifying against the bill, if women could simply swallow a camera in order for doctors to perform remote gynecological exams. Madsen I assume chocked back cries of utter disdain and horror before explaining that "swallowed pills do not end up in the vagina."

On one hand, I would be willing to bet that most men are wildly uninformed about female anatomy. Why should Vito here be any different? He doesn't have a vagina so why does it matter that he knows anything about it? Oh yeah, because these exact idiot men get to make medical decisions on behalf of women.

The bill passed and Barbierei will go back to his side gig of sitting on the board of a crisis pregnancy center in the state. Cool.

http://jezebel.com/male-politician-thinks-that-your-vagina-and-stomach-are-1687558660

I don't know if I should laugh or cry!

boards of FL

boards of FL

This is an actual GOP primary debate for governor in Idaho.  This isn't an SNL parody but, rather, these are real members of the republican party speaking about real ideas.

nadalfan

OMG! It has to be an SNL skit!

knothead

knothead

I join nadalfan in that I seriously don't know whether to laugh or cry, instead I am left simply shaking my head in disbelief . . . . . un fricking believable!

Sal

Sal

But, did you know that cancer is a fungus that can be washed out of the body using baking soda?

These are actual Republicans ....

Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) wants to reform the rules of end-of-life medical care so that more cancer patients can simply flush out their disease using baking soda.

As first reported by Jon Ralston, Fiore told listeners: “If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing, let’s say, salt water, sodium cardonate [sic], through that line, and flushing out the fungus… These are some procedures that are not FDA-approved in America that are very inexpensive, cost-effective.”

Fiore added that Nevada is already “the capital of entertainment” and this bill could help “make it the medical capital of the world as well.”

Weeks after being removed from her position as Republican Majority Leader over allegations of more than $1 million in tax liens, Fiore made news last Wednesday for her assertion that “young, hot little girls on campus” need to be armed with guns to prevent themselves from being raped, saying that every citizen should “have the right to defend him or herself from sexual assault.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/02/24/3626567/nevada-assemblywoman-cancer-fungus/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nice presentation of a sarcastic comment regarding a ban on telemedicine......including chemical induced abortions via the telephone.  Dr. Madsen used the analogy of a colonoscopy.......IMO.....Before a chemical induced abortion it should be determined how far along the pregnancy is and if the pregnancy is actually a uterine pregnancy.....I don't think that cam be dtermined on the phone. I will have to ask Sal for his expert medical opinion.

Idaho state Rep. Vito Barbieri who, when hearing testimony from a doctor on a proposed ban on telemedicine abortions, asked if a gynecological exam can be done by a woman swallowing a camera. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports:
Dr. Julie Madsen, a physician who said she has provided various telemedicine services in Idaho, was testifying in opposition to the bill. She said some colonoscopy patients may swallow a small device to give doctors a closer look at parts of their colon.

"Can this same procedure then be done in a pregnancy? Swallowing a camera and helping the doctor determine what the situation is?" Barbieri asked.

Sal

Sal

And ....

.... back to Idaho ....

An Idaho Republican said a proposed ban on faith-healing could violate the religious rights of her constituents – many of whom eschew medical care for themselves and their families.

“They have a clear understanding of what the role of government should be – (and it) isn’t how to tell me how to live my life,” said state Rep. Christy Perry (R-Nampa).

Legislation limiting a faith exemption for medical care in the state’s child neglect law was proposed after a string of preventable child deaths in Marsing among members of the Followers of Christ Church.

State Rep. John Gannon (D-Boise) wants to narrow the loophole to permit prosecution of parents who rely on faith-healing “whenever a child’s medical condition may cause death or permanent disability.”

But Perry insists Followers of Christ have a First Amendment right to deny medical care to their children on religious grounds, arguing that they are perhaps more comfortable confronting death, reported Al Jazeera America.

“Children do die,” Perry said. “I’m not trying to sound callous, but (reformers) want to act as if death is an anomaly. But it’s not — it’s a way of life.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/idaho-republican-backs-faith-healer-parents-if-i-want-to-let-my-child-be-with-god-why-is-that-wrong/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum