Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

White out 25 car pile up

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1White out 25 car pile up Empty White out 25 car pile up 2/23/2015, 8:08 pm

2seaoat

http://www.myhighplains.com/story/d/story/25-vehicle-pile-up-closes-eastbound-i-40-at-new-me/54021/BlC60YnnxkawmxZgAZyeUA

We just missed getting into the same in the westbound lane. Light snow blowing and near zero visibility with ice on the usual fast lanes of the interstate because Texas cannot even take care of a less than four inch snow. We saw two snowplow trucks in a coffeshop along the interstate five miles from where this horrendous crash took place. Less government my asz.....Everytime I travel through the Texas Panhandle I feel like I am in Siberia.......North Texas is a pit. This entire accident could have been avoided with just one snow plow going through the town and clearing the fast lanes.....twenty minutes.......but nothing. People die in certain road conditions and these bastards are in a coffee shop. I know snowplow drivers in a heavy snowfall who work twenty hours until people are safe.....Texas sucks! We are happy to still be here when such a mild snow could produce these kind of hazards on a MAJOR interstate.....again....Texas sucks.

2White out 25 car pile up Empty Re: White out 25 car pile up 2/23/2015, 8:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:http://www.myhighplains.com/story/d/story/25-vehicle-pile-up-closes-eastbound-i-40-at-new-me/54021/BlC60YnnxkawmxZgAZyeUA

We just missed getting into the same in the westbound lane.  Light snow blowing and near zero visibility with ice on the usual fast lanes of the interstate because Texas cannot even take care of a less than four inch snow.  We saw two snowplow trucks in a coffeshop along the interstate five miles from where this horrendous crash took place.   Less government my asz.....Everytime I travel through the Texas Panhandle I feel like I am in Siberia.......North Texas is a pit.  This entire accident could have been avoided with just one snow plow going through the town and clearing the fast lanes.....twenty minutes.......but nothing.   People die in certain road conditions and these bastards are in a coffee shop.   I know snowplow drivers in a heavy snowfall who work twenty hours until people are safe.....Texas sucks!  We are happy to still be here when such a mild snow could produce these kind of hazards on a MAJOR interstate.....again....Texas sucks.

Be careful.

3White out 25 car pile up Empty Re: White out 25 car pile up 2/23/2015, 8:33 pm

2seaoat

When you are used to competency in state and local government when it comes to keeping roads safe, it is an eye opener to see how screwed up the State of Texas and the local towns are with their snow removal. Their idea of safety is to put gates on the exits and entrance ramps and just shut the roads down rather than safely plowing the same. I kept telling my wife that there was going to be a major white out pile up because they are not plowing the fast lane on the interstate and these damn semis think they are invincible. Thankfully most of the 25 vehicles were semis and we have not heard any announced deaths. If regular cars were in that pile up, it would have been a disaster with multiple deaths, but folks in cars were smart enough to know that fifty was too fast. We are in Albuquerque and now have to deal with the mountains Tuesday in and around Flagstaff.....which also have snow, but the folks in AZ do a VERY GOOD job on snow removal on the interstate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum