Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are your favorite quotes of all time?

+8
gulfbeachbandit
Sal
Slicef18
Yella
TEOTWAWKI
Granny4Peace
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"

-- Dean Vernon Wormer

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Female animals defending their young are notoriously ferocious and lack the playful delight in combat which characterizes the mock combats of males of the same species. There seems very little ground for claiming that the mother of young children is more peaceful, more responsible, and more thoughtful for the welfare of the human race than is her husband or brother.-------------------------Margaret Meade

After you read this, look over at the my Mama avatar. If you don't understand by then, you never will.

My Mama avatar is holding a sign of her own:

Don't ban dogs.....BAN STUPID PEOPLE

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 6/16/2012, 11:01 am; edited 4 times in total

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

Imagine
~John Lennon

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Most recent:

There are only two classes of people. The avaricious leadership and their intended victims....Prof. Hamburger.

Yella

Yella

"Get a lot while you're young."

Real estate broker's motto.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Slicef18

Slicef18

"WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE"

Sal

Sal

"It's all Christianity, people. The little, stupid differences are nothing next to the big, stupid similarities." - Bart Simpson

I prefer to substitute "religion" for "Christianity". Twisted Evil

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Theology is the effort to explain the unknowable in terms of the not worth knowing."

-- H.L. Mencken

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

You can't get there from here. And even if you could, you'd probably never be able to find your way back.

10What are your favorite quotes of all time? Empty Quote 6/14/2012, 11:11 am

"Start every conversation with a compliment." - Gary Bussey

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ghandi wrote:You can't get there from here. And even if you could, you'd probably never be able to find your way back.
"If we don't change direction soon, we'll get where we're going"

-- Professor Irwin Corey

polecat

polecat

Hank Aaron when told by a catcher that he was holding the bat wrong, that the label should face you so you can read it...
I did not come up here to read. I came up here to hit.

1 more from Hank

: It took me 17 years to get 3000 hits in baseball. I did that in one afternoon on the golf course.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.--------------------
Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 6/14/2012, 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I carry this one in my purse:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” ----------------------------Teddy Roosevelt

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:I carry this one in my purse:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” ----------------------------Teddy Roosevelt
Wow. I like that one. It's everything I'm not but I still like it a lot. lol

Slicef18

Slicef18

[quote="EricEricson"]"Start every conversation with a compliment." - Gary Bussey

There is much wisdom in that quote.

17What are your favorite quotes of all time? Empty Gary Bussey quote 6/14/2012, 2:33 pm

[quote="Slicef18"]
EricEricson wrote:"Start every conversation with a compliment." - Gary Bussey

There is much wisdom in that quote.

I liked it, but was stunned when I heard it come out of his mouth.
What are your favorite quotes of all time? Gary-busey

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship"
*Louisa May Alcott

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

A dingo ate my baby

Slicef18

Slicef18

Communication is often inaccurate and always inadequate.

Sal

Sal

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason. - Jerry Seinfeld

Slicef18

Slicef18

When you come to a fork in the road......take it Yogi Berra

What are your favorite quotes of all time? Th?&id=HN.608032593411376093&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
Robert A. Heinlein

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogVHlmFcx0

Very Happy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"I'm a VIP because I'm known all over the country"

"Millions of people across the world are listening to me"

Brother Carl,  yesterday speaking on a local AM radio station

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:I carry this one in my purse:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”   ----------------------------Teddy Roosevelt
Wow.  I like that one. It's everything I'm not but I still like it a lot.  lol

I agree Bob, TR will always be considered one of America's best Presidents and this quote illustrates a bit of why that is so . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum