Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Islamist Extremist Apologist

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Islamist Extremist Apologist Empty Islamist Extremist Apologist 2/5/2015, 7:13 pm

From this mornings national prayer breakfast... notice the deflection to long past christian events.

How is that relevant to today and the terrorists? Gawd you leftists are a mealy mouthed bunch.

" We see sectarian war in Syria, the murder of Muslims and Christians in Nigeria, religious war in the Central African Republic, a rising tide of anti-Semitism and hate crimes in Europe, so often perpetrated in the name of religion.

So how do we, as people of faith, reconcile these realities -- the profound good, the strength, the tenacity, the compassion and love that can flow from all of our faiths, operating alongside those who seek to hijack religious for their own murderous ends?

Humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history. And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ. Michelle and I returned from India --an incredible, beautiful country, full of magnificent diversity -- but a place where, in past years, religious faiths of all types have, on occasion, been targeted by other peoples of faith, simply due to their heritage and their beliefs -- acts of intolerance that would have shocked Gandhiji, the person who helped to liberate that nation.

So this is not unique to one group or one religion. There is a tendency in us, a sinful tendency that can pervert and distort our faith. In today’s world, when hate groups have their own Twitter accounts and bigotry can fester in hidden places in cyberspace, it can be even harder to counteract such intolerance. But God compels us to try. And in this mission, I believe there are a few principles that can guide us, particularly those of us who profess to believe."

2seaoat

A criminal act requires no apology. It is wrong. To associate a criminal act with a particular ethnicity, religion, or race because of the acts of a few......well that requires no apology.....you see stupid cannot be fixed.

Well tell us o'great and all knowing seagoat... how many crusades have you been on?

Had you forgotten that there was an inquisition or slavery? What was the point of conflating these things?

2seaoat

I went to a Billy Graham crusade in the fifties with my aunt and uncle.....went three days and listened to speakers.....I was about seven, but no other crusades.

Sal

Sal

#1 - We shouldn't even be having a National Prayer Breakfast.

#2 - Refer back to #1.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Well tell us o'great and all knowing seagoat... how many crusades have you been on?

Had you forgotten that there was an inquisition or slavery? What was the point of conflating these things?

The answer to your last question is clearly stated in the transcript that you posted, Captain Reading Comprehension.

polecat

polecat

How dare Obama say bad things are done in the name of religion?!
I'm so furious that I can't even focus on breaking up same-sex marriages.- LOLGOP

He's trying to rationalize the politically correct lack of blame on the muslim faith... by blaming long dead christians.

I'm sure that works just fine for the useful idiots. Yea team..!!

2seaoat

So you think that Christian hate groups are long gone in America........by golly why does the Southern Poverty Group spend there day working since you declared that those folks do not exist.......just pull out your magic wand in your Ivory tower.......I command all hate oriented Christian Groups to disband.......PK the magnificant has spoke........ drunken drunken drunken

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:He's trying to rationalize the politically correct lack of blame on the muslim faith... by blaming long dead christians.

No, he's saying that just as it wasn't the christian faith that was to blame for the violence of yesterday, it was the killers using the christian faith as an excuse, just as it is not the muslim faith that is to blame for the violence of today, it is the killers using the muslim faith as an excuse.

But, if you would like to go ahead and cede the fact that all religions have the inherent propensity for evil and violence ...

... please proceed, governor.

I'm sorry... I must've missed the american religious wars. Perhaps you could link us to their last massacre?

Who won?

2seaoat

You really are dense and not well read to make such a statement......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:He's trying to rationalize the politically correct lack of blame on the muslim faith... by blaming long dead christians.

No, he's saying that just as it wasn't the christian faith that was to blame for the violence of yesterday, it was the killers using the christian faith as an excuse, just as it is not the muslim faith that is to blame for the violence of today, it is the killers using the muslim faith as an excuse.

But, if you would like to go ahead and cede the fact that all religions have the inherent propensity for evil and violence ...

... please proceed, governor.

I have... and feel no personal affront as I'm not religious whatsoever. But I can objectively see bs pc crapola.

He has probably done the same thing management did at al jazeera... declared a ban on criticism of islam.

2seaoat wrote:You really are dense and not well read to make such a statement......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

1857... lol. Lets hang em..!!

Please try to be half way serious. Tons of shit happened long ago... but today we have things called "current events".

I won't tell you the difference... because it could snap something in your subconscious.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

I have...

Then why all the angst, when he's basically agreeing with you?

polecat

polecat

Xristians were not torturing the Jews in Spain, they were using enhanced interrogation techniques. (oh wait. That one’s been used somewhere.) Enthusiastically evangelizing Jews to death for 100 years makes for a strange branding case.

The Crusades were just misunderstood and if only you knew them better…

Because I don't like dishonesty... and it especially irritates me when people fool themselves.

polecat wrote:Xristians were not torturing the Jews in Spain, they were using enhanced interrogation techniques. (oh wait. That one’s been used somewhere.) Enthusiastically evangelizing Jews to death for 100 years makes for a strange branding case.

The Crusades were just misunderstood and if only you knew them better…

Ummm... you do know that races and religions swept back and fourth throughout the ages huh?

We call it "HISTORY". I heard you can learn about it and stuff. Well... by you I didn't mean you specifically.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Because I don't like dishonesty... and it especially irritates me when people fool themselves.

How's he being dishonest by telling uncomfortable truths?

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Because I don't like dishonesty... and it especially irritates me when people fool themselves.

How's he being dishonest by telling uncomfortable truths?

More like disjointed irrelevant standard history truths... with a nice touch of captain obvious.

Oh... I'm sorry... did you just learn about religious wars and intolerance from obama's national prayer breakfast?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
More like disjointed irrelevant standard history truths... with a nice touch of captain obvious.

When you concede the fact that any religion can be used to promote crimes against humanity, then you also concede that the irrelevancy is the fact that it is currently Islam that is being used.

Thanks for playing.

2seaoat

I think pKs head is on a 360 swivel.....he can talk in every direction and say nothing......absolutely nothing.......but he is fun.

Our resident Dixiecrat who does not approve of the 14th amendment thinks everything is hunky dory.....accept Hillary and the President......no the 14th amendment should never had made the President a citizen, and the vote never should have been given to women.......Z flew helicopters who could not turn as efficiently as Pk's brain.

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

When you concede the fact that any religion can be used to promote crimes against humanity, then you also concede that the irrelevancy is the fact that it is currently Islam that is being used.

Thanks for playing.

Sure it can be... well more like used to be for the most part. Btw... how many commit crimes against humanity today?

When y'all like to use terms like enlightenment, but can't pick out those not evolving... it's hard to take you seriously.

Sal

Sal

There are usually any number of components at play when religion is the vehicle to commit crimes against humanity - economic hardship, oppression, ignorance, intolerance political ambitions, etc, etc.

It just so happens that it is predominantly Muslim regions that contain those combustible ingredients in abundance currently.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Islamist Extremist Apologist 10410088_823605821011313_7332417126373282211_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum