Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

obama gives large TOW missiles to islamist in SYRIA and invites the islamist to the whithouse

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TOW missiles are guided by a gunner who keeps the sights on a target until the missile reaches it. They are large weapons that require a team to operate and typically have to be transported in a truck.

The anti-tank missiles, called TOWs, are sophisticated weapons designed to kill enemy tanks and blow up reinforced bunkers
obama gives large TOW missiles to islamist in SYRIA and invites the islamist to the whithouse Tow_mi10

Ahmad al-Jarba, leader of the main opposition bloc, is in Washington this week, seeking additional support from U.S. leaders. Jarba also wants to convince Washington of the viability of the moderate opposition
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/usatoday/article/8867817

History behind some of these things is occasionally interesting that is if you look at it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shammar

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.fair.org/blog/2011/02/15/general-hails-his-own-success-usa-today-investigation-finds/

For a good example of how not to report the Afghan War, check out the lead story in today's USA Today (2/15/11):

General: Taliban 'Beaten' by Surge
Momentum Shifts in Afghanistan

The piece–by Jim Michaels, who has an unfortunate history of this kind of reporting–is mostly sourced to Richard Mills, the Marine general who's in charge of the fight in Afghanistan's Helmand province. Unsurprisingly, he thinks he's doing a bang-up job; Michaels' story begins:

"Coalition forces in Afghanistan have beaten the insurgency in an important stronghold of Taliban fighters, though pockets of resistance remain, a U.S. commander said Monday in an interview with USA Today..."

Mills provides a variety of self-congratulatory quotes to Michaels: "This is really the heart of the insurgency…. I believe they have been beaten."… "They've suffered defeat after defeat on the battlefield."… "You saw a population that turned on the Taliban."

But surely USA Today doesn't believe you can make an entire story out of somebody talking about what a good job they're doing? No, Michaels also turns to a representative of a right-wing think tank to tell you what a good job Mills is doing:
"The progress in Helmand province "shows you the momentum is shifting," said James Phillips of the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. Loosening the Taliban's grip on the drug trade "could have a cascading effect in the years ahead," he said..."

Michaels also gets a quote from military analyst Anthony Cordesman, a former McCain aide known for his faithful following of the military line. He cautions that the success in Helmand doesn't mean that the United States will be able to leave Afghanistan anytime soon: "We haven't shown that Afghan forces can hold. It's going to be a couple of years before we know what these accomplishments mean."..."

----------------------------------

The author has a history of cheerleading for war...such is the sad state of "journalism" in this country.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

He Already gave them stingers so they can shoot down airliners. That was Bengazi.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:He Already gave them stingers so they can shoot down airliners. That was Bengazi.

Prove it. And exactly who are "them"? Are these the same rebels that McCain courted on his trip to Turkey and Syria, when he asserted that we can tell the good ones from the bad ones?

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:He Already gave them stingers so they can shoot down airliners. That was Bengazi.

Prove it.  And exactly who are "them"?  Are these the same rebels that McCain courted on his trip to Turkey and Syria, when he asserted that we can tell the good ones from the bad ones?

McCain is not in power. stop trying to defer the blame.

Sal

Sal

You're a lying POS ....

Misleading e-mail: From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

:)TOW missiles are guided by a gunner who keeps the sights on a target until the missile reaches it. They are large weapons that require a team to operate and typically have to be transported in a truck.

The anti-tank missiles, called TOWs, are sophisticated weapons designed to kill enemy tanks and blow up reinforced bunkers
obama gives large TOW missiles to islamist in SYRIA and invites the islamist to the whithouse Tow_mi10

Ahmad al-Jarba, leader of the main opposition bloc, is in Washington this week, seeking additional support from U.S. leaders. Jarba also wants to convince Washington of the viability of the moderate opposition
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/usatoday/article/8867817

History behind some of these things is occasionally interesting that is if you look at it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shammar

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:You're a lying POS ....

Misleading e-mail: From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

The wingnuts love to use quotes out of context to "prove" their points.

Lying POS indeed!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Sal wrote:You're a lying POS ....

The wingnuts love to use quotes out of context to "prove" their points.

Lying POS indeed!

I'm sorry. Is this not a fact that Obama has given these islamist these major weapons?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum