Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here is a telling sign that we have gone too far with the expectations in public school education

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20150201/OPINION03/150139978?p=3&tc=pg

Couple this educator's struggles with those like myself who are facing the hurdle of trying to modify a curriculum too hard even for our best and brightest kids and make it to where an InD kid can pass just because "socialization" counts more than actual learning ability.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Maybe part of the problem is because that teacher's essay (the one published in the Gainsville paper) would not pass muster in the English Comp I class that I took in junior college in 1971.

She is lucky she is a teacher because she would not make it in the private sector if technical writing were a part of her job description. She clearly cannot write coherently, even to explain the problems she had understanding the assignment.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Maybe part of the problem is because that teacher's essay (the one published in the Gainsville paper) would not pass muster in the English Comp I class that I took in junior college in 1971.

She is lucky she is a teacher because she would not make it in the private sector if technical writing were a part of her job description. She clearly cannot write coherently, even to explain the problems she had understanding the assignment.

She wrote quite clearly. Technical writing is not required in the field of education and I would bet if you read any of the grad level research papers she wrote, it would totally be on another level. That essay was written where common folk could understand it. The child's essay makes sense as well and is a huge poke in the chest to Florida legislators.  Like JEB you hate teachers as well.

If I printed my term paper on the Manhattan Project, I would gander to say you would have a hard time understanding it and the processes required to reach a functioning A bomb.

KarlRove

KarlRove

BTW, it is supposed to be a WRITING TEST, not a reading test. That's the main point of the article you refused to read or comprehend.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:BTW, it is supposed to be a WRITING TEST, not a reading test. That's the main point of the article you refused to read or comprehend.

I read the article before I commented previously, Poindexter. A writing test? She fails. She can't coherently state a clear thought above the 7th grade writing level. I'd be embarrassed to claim her as a member of my staff.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum