Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kudos to Bill Bennett

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kudos to Bill Bennett Empty Kudos to Bill Bennett 2/1/2015, 11:15 am

Watched Bill Bennett rebut on Fox News Sunday the debate over Common Core. He pointed out it is simply about math and reading - not Muslim teachings.

My daughter, presently a college senior and a mathtastic maniac says that the math common core is a great way to understand so that those thinking skills move easily into higher math. She sees it as a great way to teach children.  

Conservatives need to stop the knee jerks.

2Kudos to Bill Bennett Empty Re: Kudos to Bill Bennett 2/1/2015, 11:47 am

2seaoat

My wife taught in the classroom for 30 years at the fifth grade level before spending her last five years teaching Art. She left the classroom because of directed curriculum changes from above that were changed every three years with no consistency and utter confusion in children by the time they got to fifth grade. Everybody in the administration was looking for a magic carpet ride, and gaining credit for something new.....the classroom teachers simply shook their heads as their jobs became more difficult, and the children fell further and further behind. Common Core may be the next best thing.....but I grew up on Dick and Jane primers and math being taught the same way it was taught thirty years before.....without curriculum change......sometimes the old ways are the better way, and maybe the classroom teachers should have more to say than politicians and talking heads on TV programs.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum