Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Florida Budget

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Florida Budget Empty New Florida Budget 1/29/2015, 8:56 pm

http://www.northescambia.com/2015/01/scott-pitches-77-billion-budget-plan-tax-cuts

Key Proposals:

A reduction in the communications services tax, applied to cell-phone bills and cable and satellite television. It would reduce state revenues by $470.9 million and save an average Florida family about $43 a year.

Increased spending on education.

A reduction in the state’s payroll by more than 1,000 full-time positions, mostly from the Department of Health.

State workers would not get a raise, but Scott pointed out that they would receive the benefits of the state’s tax cuts. (laughable)

Spending on transportation would fall by almost $235.5 million.

2New Florida Budget Empty Re: New Florida Budget 1/29/2015, 9:05 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think the people who voted for Rick Scott need to weigh-in on this. Looks like poster KarlRove gets no raise in 2015...... pale

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3New Florida Budget Empty Re: New Florida Budget 1/29/2015, 10:01 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

It's not Rick Scott's fault if I don't get a raise because be doesnt sign my oaycheck.

4New Florida Budget Empty Re: New Florida Budget 1/29/2015, 10:04 pm

KarlRove wrote:It's not Rick Scott's fault if I don't get a raise because be doesnt sign my oaycheck.

No, but it's the Legislature that decides whether or not there's a state employee raise.  My understanding is that it's been about a decade since any raise occurred.

5New Florida Budget Empty Re: New Florida Budget 1/29/2015, 11:13 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

colaguy wrote:
KarlRove wrote:It's not Rick Scott's fault if I don't get a raise because be doesnt sign my oaycheck.

No, but it's the Legislature that decides whether or not there's a state employee raise.  My understanding is that it's been about a decade since any raise occurred.

Tell that to Escambia County teachers who got a 4% raise in September. They are state employees and members of the FRS.

6New Florida Budget Empty Re: New Florida Budget 1/29/2015, 11:20 pm

KarlRove wrote:
colaguy wrote:

Tell that to Escambia County teachers who got a 4% raise in September. They are state employees and members of the FRS.

I didn't know about the teachers raise - but I knew they have their own negotiations with the county. The State of Florida employees union might as well not exist for all the help it provided in negotiating salary raises. Hell, one year they had to start contributing to their pensions, right?  Is that still the case?

7New Florida Budget Empty Re: New Florida Budget 1/30/2015, 4:05 am

Vikingwoman

You don't get a raise because they had to spend all that money on the school prayer case. Serves you right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum