Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inherited weath will...does rule the USA...drift into Oligarchy

+3
2seaoat
Wordslinger
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Inherited weath will...does rule the USA...drift into Oligarchy - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkWUvbznH9qkBlaIBlG6swu-xOwqaznjJXdckSOUpq0yawK0uMEw

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77R1Wp6Y_5Y

Smile

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here is a concrete example of one of the worst offenders:

(from 2012)

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-09-27/romney-i-dig-it-trust-gives-heirs-triple-benefit

Inherited weath will...does rule the USA...drift into Oligarchy - Page 2 Data?pid=avimage&iid=iOVRezNfjoTQ

"In January 1999, a trust set up by Mitt Romney for his children and grandchildren reaped a 1,000 percent return on the sale of shares in Internet advertising firm DoubleClick Inc.

If Romney had given the cash directly, he could have owed a gift tax at a rate as high as 55 percent. He avoided gift and estate taxes by using a type of generation-skipping trust known to tax planners by the nickname: “I Dig It.”

The sale of DoubleClick shares received before the company went public, detailed in previously unreported securities filings reviewed by Bloomberg News, sheds new light on Romney’s estate planning -- the art of leaving assets for heirs while avoiding taxes. The Republican presidential candidate used a trust considered one of the most effective techniques for the wealthy to bypass estate and gift taxes. The Obama administration proposed cracking down on the tax benefits in February.

VIDEO: Poll Trends Not Looking Good for Congressional GOP
While Romney’s tax avoidance is both legal and common among high-net-worth individuals, it has become increasingly awkward for his candidacy since the disclosure of his remarks at a May fundraiser. He said that the nearly one-half of Americans who pay no income taxes are “dependent upon government” and “believe that they are victims.”..."

I suggest that those who are unfamiliar with estate taxes and trust funds, and even those who are, read the whole article...and note that there's no reference at all to the Solamere venture, which was a reality back in 2008 after Romney lost the nomination to McCain...as if the whole reality isn't slimey enough.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Not my fault you missed something. Just as I'm sure you'll miss something in this post or state you don't understand.

Nope, I went back to each of your links and double checked.  I understand.   I was right.

Go easy on Damaged Eagle.

The guy is 2 psi shy of a trip to the Super Bowl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum