Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will any other men besides me posting here admit they aren't football fans and won't be watching The Game tonight?

+2
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Or will it be too queer to admit that when you live where we do? lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And how bout you women who DO like football? Wouldn't you be lesbians? lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nope!

Love football, straight, and don't give a rodent's derriere about this game tonight.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote: and don't give a rodent's derriere about this game tonight.

I was in the Azalea Lounge earlier with yella.  When we sat down at the bar the guy next to me says "who you for tonight?"
I said "after The Tide Lost,  I just don't give a shit" to make him think I was a football fan.  Because in the south when a man tells another man he aint a football fan,  it's a signal of no masculinity.  lol
What I didn't tell him though was I didn't give a shit BEFORE The Tide lost either.  What he doesn't know won't hurt him.  lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob, you are too funny!

Sal

Sal

Unless you wanted to fight him or have sex with him, why would you give a shit what another dude thought about your level of masculinity?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The bartender made me put out my cigar though.  They allow cigarette smoking at the bar but not cigars.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Foot ball sucks.  It's a kiddy game   Buncha men in tights taken the snap between some dudes legs. Freud would have a field day analyzing the playing with an oblong ball. There's no hope for the fans. They are wasting their lives. At least the men in tights are getting aid an obscene amounts unt of money.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Foot ball sucks.  It's a kiddy game   Buncha men in tights taken the snap between some dudes legs. Freud would have a field day analyzing the playing with an oblong ball. There's no hope for the fans. They are wasting their lives. At least the men in tights are getting aid an obscene amounts unt of money.

I have never ever ever had a problem seeing the players in, as you say, tights.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Unless you wanted to fight him or have sex with him, why would you give a shit what another dude thought about your level of masculinity?

That's a valid question.
I guess it's like when I attended Brother Carl's Hickory Hammock Baptist Church service. When it came time to bow our heads in prayer, I bowed mine too.
I usually go by that old saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". It's worked for me living in these parts so far (58 years).

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I will watch the game. I didn't care much about football until about 1994; then I got really interested with the college game. At the time, I worked with some very rabid FSU grads/fans. They all thougt their doodoo and FB team didn't stink. Turned me into a 'Nole hater forever......

But, I like watching the game now and will watch tonight.

It is now game time.... To the TV I go....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Foot ball sucks.  It's a kiddy game   Buncha men in tights taken the snap between some dudes legs. Freud would have a field day analyzing the playing with an oblong ball. There's no hope for the fans. They are wasting their lives. At least the men in tights are getting aid an obscene amounts unt of money.

I'm gonna take this as you being the one other man who posts here who admits to not being a football fan.
Whodathunkit. You and I have such profound disagreement about some things, but also such profound agreement about other things. It's hard to figure.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:

I'm gonna take this as you being the one other man who posts here who admits to not being a football fan.
Whodathunkit.  You and I have such profound disagreement about some things,  but also such profound agreement about other things.  It's hard to figure.
You'll come around some day. I know you are smart.  Basketball

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have a sorta sideline question on the topic of football.

We've all been hearing about the football players getting their brains scrambled and all.  And remember,  they now have these high tech helmets with face guards that are like fences and all the high tech padding and other stuff to protect them.  And a whole sports medical team to see to it that they're well protected from injury as well.

So here's the question.  What in god's name was happening to their brains in the old day when all they were wearing was this lousy thing.  And why didn't anybody bitch about it then?

Will any other men besides me posting here admit they aren't football fans and won't be watching The Game tonight?   Helmet12

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah back then they didn't have rules against roughing the kicker. Wonder how many of those players got killed.

See football is very safe...

Going back to the early days of the NFL 1920 only 5 have died in games or after the game. Players have died after games and during training camps. Korey Stringer died of a heat stroke during Training camp. The 49ers lost a player after a game a year ago.Thomas Herrion died after a preseason game. To answer your question only 3 deaths game in actual games. That is pretty good for 86 years. They have been so many steps taken to protect players. Wide receivers from getting hit helmet to helmet, roughing the passer, and elimination of chop blocks and late hits. There are less injuries now then every before. This is due to the rule changes as well as better training, field conditions and conditioning. More athletes have been killed in Indy or Formula 1 racing.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

See soccer is a tougher game...
How many soccer players have been killed playing...
a lot of them have been off-the-pitch deaths from injuries sustained either during a match or at practice, but 71 players have died from soccer-related incidents/injuries since 1889, not including Antonio Puerta's murder after his 1994 World Cup own goal, or the Iraqi player who was shot dead on the pitch as he was about to score an equalizing goal. Since the wikipedia list doesn't include those two deaths on the list, then I'm sure there have been more than 73 footballing deaths in its history. It's a rough sport, even if some of us italians are drama queens when we get challenged for the ball Very Happy GO ITALY!!!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I didn't know it but my cave diving was far more dangerous than football...buncha pansies.

Talk about living on the edge! Hypothermia, getting lost, getting separated from your diving buddy, low visibility, air loss and lighting failure are just some of the hazards in this umm, unusual sport. The National Speleological Society defines a successful dive as “one you return from.” Unlike open-sea diving, you can’t simply come up for air–you’d smash your head! According to the Texas-based San Marcos Area Recovery Team, more than 500 people have died since 1960 in cave diving accidents in Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean alone. And experience alone does not guarantee survival, as many of the victims have been instructors and technical divers.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 1/13/2015, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

What in god's name was happening to their brains in the old day when all they were wearing was this lousy thing. And why didn't anybody bitch about it then?

I played some school football, and played tackle football without uniforms or helmets until I was about twenty five. We would meet on Saturday in a Park and would play for hours. Nobody would lead with their head in a tackle. Broken noses, arms, and ribs were common. I would always tackle high and wrestle a runner down. All the cops in town would come with their squads and watch our games. We finally stopped because going to work on Monday began to be difficult with all the minor injuries. When I played with a helmet, I would lead with my shoulder and head and would tackle lower. There is very little protection to the spinal column with a top of the head hard collision. In our no uniform games nobody would lead with their head.

I have found in life that I rarely trust someone who has never drank alcohol or does not like sports. It has worked really well for me as repeatedly my predictions about those type of people come true. My wife and I enjoy sitting down and watching games together.......and she drinks.

Seaoat, I have you pictured a bit as Forrest Gump in my mind. You seem to have stories from all places, all times, all occupations...just a plethora of life experience.

Razz

SheWrites wrote:Seaoat, I have you pictured a bit as Forrest Gump in my mind. You seem to have stories from all places, all times, all occupations...just a plethora of life experience.

Razz

A friend calls him seaoz... you may not see behind the curtain... lol.

2seaoat

I was never shot in the buttocks......otherwise I have lived a very interesting life and cut the grass now just like Forest.....forty five acres a week and never been happier. Behind the curtain is much more than I have disclosed....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well PKR I will give you a clue about the wizard.. his initials are R.R.
Will any other men besides me posting here admit they aren't football fans and won't be watching The Game tonight?   Seaoz11
I think it's Roger Rabbit....

2seaoat

I think it's Roger Rabbit....

Papa........just found out that my daughter had a 1% chance of getting pregnant with an IUD, and she appears that she got pregnant in December. She will be a high risk pregnancy with Lupus, but it looks like I may have to paint a fifth painting for a grandchild I may never meet. She has been spotting and again she is high risk. I worry about her, and hope she remains healthy, and the baby remains healthy, but at 33 they were done with two. My son in law was greatly disappointed having two girls, and no boy, so I hope for his sake it is a boy, but the current youngest girl will not make a great middle child.......she needs lots of attention. The guy upstairs works in mysterious ways, and I feel blessed but cautious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum