Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dude Gives Homeless Guy $100 - Films as He Heads Straight to Liquor Store

+2
Joanimaroni
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very nice.

knothead

knothead

Reminds me of the adage, "You can't judge a book by reading the cover" . . .

2seaoat

Sometimes the greatest gift we can give people is simple respect and recognition of their humanity. This was a very nice story which definitely defines the spirit of why we celebrate Christmas. How we treat the least amongst us is how each of us will be judged.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think Markle and Karl Rove need to watch and comment on this one.......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

People tell me not to give money to the homeless.

"They'll only spend it on booze and drugs!", they say.

So what?

I don't care.

That's probably what I was gonna spend it on anyway!

dumpcare

When I managed a restaurant a couple blocks from downtown Detroit back in the early 80's we had this guy around 45 come around a couple of times a week begging for food (he was homeless), asked him his story one day and he was a middle manager (engineer) from Chrysler who had been laid off and circumstance's at that time kept him out of work for 2 years and he lost everything. We did feed him.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:When I managed a restaurant  a couple blocks from downtown  Detroit back in the early 80's we had this guy around 45 come around a couple of times a week begging for food (he was homeless), asked him his story one day and he was a middle manager (engineer) from Chrysler who had been laid off and circumstance's at that time kept him out of work for 2 years and he lost everything. We did feed him.

Everyone of us could be just one turn away from financial catastrophe. It doesn't matter how much we have or how much we have planned. There is no room for hubris when you see people like this. Instead count your blessings.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

I used to watch the homeless most days pick up cigarette butts in the gutter's and smoke them.

2seaoat

I had this elderly lady in the mid eighties come into the office and she looked like a street bag lady. She claimed she was homeless because somebody stole her ss check, and the hotel she was living in would not let her into her room until she paid her rent. For some reason, I believed her and drove her to a local motel and paid her room for three days which was when she claimed she would get the money from SS, and gave her twenty bucks. She was very thankful, but my thoughts were that I would never see her again. About two months later she came into the office and repaid me and said I had saved her and I must take her money. I did. She had dignity and was a proud lady, and on that day I am glad I gave because I have been burned so many times by shams that you begin to believe nobody, and it was her gift to me that restored my faith in people, no matter how many times I have otherwise been burned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum