Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When did they start advertising liquor on tv again?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I haven't seen a liquor commercial in decades. In fact, I'm not even sure I ever remember liquor advertised on tv.
And just a few minutes ago I watched a Smirnoff Vodka commercial on Jimmy Kimmel's show.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I don't think they ever stopped. I can think of recent Absolut vodka commercials.

Markle

Markle

QueenOfHearts wrote:I don't think they ever stopped.  I can think of recent Absolut vodka commercials.

Many vodka brands are advertised on TV. Along with Jack Daniels and many others. I can't recall they ever stopped.

2seaoat

It was a voluntary ban in radio in 1936 and Tv in 1948, and in 1996 Seagrams began defying the ban, and others followed. There have been distilled liquor commercials on TV since 1996.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I watch as much television as anybody. I honestly don't know why I think I've missed the liquor commercials. The only explanation is senility.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

30 seconds after I made that last post, a story about this comes on the Today Show.

http://www.blisstree.com/2014/04/21/food/powdered-alcohol-palcohol/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum