Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Sal, here are some of the many "scaredy cats" speaking in their own words.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just open the page and start reading

http://www.mishalov.com/wtc_northtower.html

p.s.  if you don't bother to read this then don't bother to give me your reply either and I'll know by your reply if you read it or not.

Same goes for you, seaoat.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

105TH FLOOR
Mike Pelletier, victim
Cantor Fitzgerald
Portraits of Grief: Private Language

After the impact he phoned his wife, Sophie, at 8:51 a.m., according to cell records, and a mutual friend reached him at 9:24 a.m. His wife recounted those conversations.

He went by Mike. He's French Canadian. I'm French French. He was a commodities broker.

He's only been at Cantor almost a year. He sort of switched around a lot.

He took the 6:04 train from Greenwich, Conn. That's the time he went in that morning. He was at his desk by 7, 7:10 every morning.

He kissed me goodbye. I have a two-and-a-half year old daughter. And our son is 11 months. And he was 3 months at the time.

That morning was a blur. I remember him kissing me goodbye.

It was our daughter's first day of nursery school. I videotaped it. I drove to her nursery school and I parked in the parking lot.

I was just getting Sydney out of her car seat when the car phone rang.

I picked up. And it was him. And he was just in a panic.

He just said, ``Soph, an airplane just went through the building. I don't know what we're going to do.'' He said he loved me.

And it took me a second to just realize what was happening. I said, ``Oh my God, is there help?'' He said, ``We don't know. We don't know. We can't tell.''

I said should I call 911. He said, ``Yeah, yeah, yeah. Call 911.'' That was it. He told me he loved me.

I called 911 from my cellphone and ended up getting Connecticutt 911. They were laughing. They hadn't heard. They said, ``Oh yeah, we'll make sure we pass along the message.''

His friend got through to him on his cellphone. Randy. He said, ``Thank God, Randy, thank God it's you. It's bad.''

Randy told him it was a terrorist attack. Mike started swearing. Mike was relaying information to everyone. Randy could hear him relaying information to everyone. He could hear people in the background.

Mike just said, ``We're not injured, we're just a little bit disoriented because of the smoke. Because we're getting air through the window.''

He said, ``Don't hang up. Don't hang up. You need to get an engineer on another line who knows the building to tell us how to get out. Because we don't know how to get out.''

They died alone. No one was there to help them. No one was there to hold their hand. But they were brave. They did everything they could to get out and they fought with their heart and soul and there was just no way out, and that was torture.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I hope you and seaoat will get a chance to listen to what the Democrat Secretary of State John Kerry just had to say about the Pakistan slaughter.
So you can then tell him what a scaredy cat he is too.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

104TH FLOOR
Andrew Rosenblum, victim
Cantor Fitzgerald
Portraits of Grief: Love Was All Around

Andrew Rosenblum was a stock trader and vice president at Cantor Fitzgerald who led a team on the 104th floor of 1 World Trade Center. They sat on the north side of the floor, in an open trading area, where they had fine views of the Empire State Building. He made four calls to his wife, Jill Rosenblum, from the conference room on northwestern corner of the floor, where he and about 50 others barricaded themselves. According to cell records, the times of the calls were the following:
8:48, Spoke for 2 minutes.
9:12, spoke for 4 minutes.
9:33, spoke for 8 minutes. Mr. Rosenblum took an incoming call at 9:43, for 2 minutes.
His last call out was at 10:23 a.m., and he spoke for 1 minute.
Jill Rosenblum told this story:

I always talked to Andrew at least three or four times a day. Usually very early and then usually not until the market had been open for a while. He was usually at work 7:30 to 8. I happened to have gotten a phone call from a friend of ours who asked me to remove a cabinet door that he was going to replace for me. So I had called Andrew because I happened to have been in the house. I thought why don't I just call him and tell him I'm trying to remove this cabinet door. I probably called him about 8:40. Maybe 8:42. He said, "How come you're not at the gym?" I said, "Well, I'm taking off this cabinet door because Barry's going to come by and pick it up." And we were talking for a couple minutes.

And all of a sudden said to me: "Did you hear that?" I said, "Did I hear what?" He goes, "It was a really loud bang." I said, "No, I didn't hear anything." And he goes,"O.K., I'll call you right back." He hung up the phone.

Maybe a minute and a half later, maybe two minutes later, he called me. It must have been his cell phone. And he said "Put on, quick, put on the news." He said, "Tell me what happened."

He had no idea what had happened. He thought there was some sort of explosion but he didn't know from what. His floor had filled up with smoke. It's a big trading floor. It's a big open area with just long desks and chairs. There's really no offices. Except one or two corners of the room. One was in the northwest corner. He and about 50 other people ran into this corner office because their floor had filled up with smoke relatively quickly. And I told Andy that a plane just hit the second tower. And he yelled out to these people who were in this office with them, "A plane just hit the second tower." And he realized a plane must have hit their tower too.

He started giving me names of these people who were standing near him and their phone numbers and said please call their spouses, "And tell them that they were in this corner office." He called out to them. I have to say the people were relatively calm. At that point we lost our connection. We got it back. At that point he told me the office was getting smoky. I asked him if they had any water. They didn't. I said did they have any ventilation. They said they had taken a computer terminal and broken one of the windows. So they had some air coming in. This is all prior to the second building falling.

I guess it must have filled up with smoke pretty quickly. He did say there was some fire on this floor. It was impeding his way to get to the stairs or anything else. He also didn't say anything about people jumping or anything like that. But he did say at one point, "Oh my God."

He said that it was getting smoky in there. He was coughing. I heard people having some problems with coughing and kind of choking a bit. I asked, could he make it to a stairwell. He said to me, "There's no way. We can't open this door. There's fire on the floor." Then he was worried that they didn't know that they (were) still there. He kept saying to me, "I don't know that they know we're still there. Call 911. Call 911." I kept him on the phone and I had people calling the fire department. Finally we got through to one one of the New York City fire departments, just to tell them there were about 50 people in the northwest corner office of the 104th floor of 1 World Trade Center.

I told Andrew, "They know you're in there. And he yelled out to the people who were with him, "They know we're in here." They weren't panicking. You heard a couple people saying, "Oh my God." Then we lost our connection. That was maybe two minutes before 2 World Trade Center fell. I watched on T.V. as 2 World Trade Center fell. It never occurred to me that these buildings would fall.

As soon as the building fell, everybody was dialing to get through. At that point I was just going to say to him, "You know what? You have nothing to lose." Get wherever you could get at this point.

I never got through to him again. Ever. But after the other building fell down. My telephone rang. And I answered it. And there was nobody there. After about 3 minutes of saying, "Hello hello hello," I star 69'd. You know where they give you the phone number. And they played back Andy's cell phone number.

He was definitely still in that office with those other 50 people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum