Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Tide?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Red Tide? Empty Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 12:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My daughter noticed a foul fishy odor last week in Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Bay area. Today I smell something fishy in the air...thought the cats had left a "present"...but I think it's coming from the bayou. Anyone else notice this? I thought Red Tide was a summer phenomenon.

2Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 12:35 pm

dumpcare

Someone on wear fb page that lives on the beach said there were dead fish washing ashore.

3Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 12:43 pm

2seaoat

Red tide hit Navarre before I got sick. I had difficulty breathing for weeks after. I then within a year had my first pneumonia. A year and a half later they are removing my upper left lobe with a cancerous tumor........I know that NOBODY has made a causal connection with red tide and cancer, but I would get the hell out of there until the same was miles away. It kills fish, but we think humans are hunky dory.......sorry we continue to pollute our air and water and have special interests telling us the carbon pollution we pour into the air is harmless as fish from the bay have too much mercury for pregnant women to eat, and we choke on the air when the red tide killing pool comes near. Our collective priorities have been bought off by the special interests who poison us. Things need to change for our grandchildren to survive.

4Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 2:16 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Oh heck, I thought this tread was about the Alabama Crimson Tide.... Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 2:20 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Oh heck, I thought this tread was about the Alabama Crimson Tide.... Razz

HaHa, Z. Aren't you our forum environmentalist?

6Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 2:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

No one seems to know what the source is. Florida Fish & Wildlife says red tide is not present anywhere in the state. So what is it?

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/12/12/santa-rosa-escambia-residents-complain-rotten-fish-smell/20312063/

7Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 7:18 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Oh heck, I thought this tread was about the Alabama Crimson Tide.... Razz

HaHa, Z.  Aren't you our forum environmentalist?

I worked for 16+ years in environmental consulting. My company had many clients, both from industry and government agencies.

I am not an environmentalist, however (not an activist). I came away from that career knowing that the United States has some of the most protective environmental laws on the planet. These are enforced by government agencies, and corporations willingly spend vast sums trying to stay in compliance. There is no big conspiracy between corporations and government to slowly poison Americans.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 7:46 pm

The regulators are often influenced by the industries they are charged to regulate. Look into the bp regulators.

They were given perks while the govt stepped into the place private ins was prior to the govt giving liability caps.

Just another case of govt incompetence... but the result blamed on the free market.

9Red Tide? Empty Re: Red Tide? 12/13/2014, 8:03 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
My daughter noticed a foul fishy odor last week in Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Bay area.  Today I smell something fishy in the air...thought the cats had left a "present"...but I think it's coming from the bayou.  Anyone else notice this?  I thought Red Tide was a summer phenomenon.

You also had a sudden sever cold snap which will kill off the weak and sickly fish. Not rocket science.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum