Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Folks murdered by police in 2014 (thus far)

+4
Markle
2seaoat
nadalfan
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

nadalfan

Joanimaroni wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Folks murdered by police in 2014 (thus far) - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjePgK2vFxsdJt7CGn7RlV1ahA2uX4q0NjSRDCikR3uWFQKypo

Instead of the police going into neighborhoods personally they should use helicopter drones. That way they won't be in any immediate personal risk and can assess the situation remotely in a calm and peaceful enviornment... Of course if a firefight breaks out there will be no loss of personnel and if there happens to be civilian collateral damage it can written off as acceptable loses.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjPgQlQVJ-c

Smile

The thing is, the police and the people should not be in an adversarial relationship. The police are supposed to "protect and serve". I respect the very difficult job they have in determining who the "bad guys are" and protecting the rest of us from them.

The solution is not remote policing via drones but community policing where the cops know the people and vice-versa. No system or model is going to work all the time, note the chokehold death by police in NYC as an example. They were quite familiar with that man and still ended up killing him with apparent casualness and lack of concern. Again it is training and constant communication between police and the people.

Really?

He didn't seem too concerned when he charmingly waves at the camera while Eric Garner is on the ground unconscious

Really, he waved charmingly at the camera?

I get it, you don't get sarcasm.

Let's try this. Like a complete jerk, devoid of any compassion, he smiles and waves at the camera while Garner is on the ground dying. Clearer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT66U_Ftdng&feature=youtu.be&t=6m53s

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

nadalfan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Folks murdered by police in 2014 (thus far) - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjePgK2vFxsdJt7CGn7RlV1ahA2uX4q0NjSRDCikR3uWFQKypo

Instead of the police going into neighborhoods personally they should use helicopter drones. That way they won't be in any immediate personal risk and can assess the situation remotely in a calm and peaceful enviornment... Of course if a firefight breaks out there will be no loss of personnel and if there happens to be civilian collateral damage it can written off as acceptable loses.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

The thing is, the police and the people should not be in an adversarial relationship. The police are supposed to "protect and serve". I respect the very difficult job they have in determining who the "bad guys are" and protecting the rest of us from them.

The solution is not remote policing via drones but community policing where the cops know the people and vice-versa. No system or model is going to work all the time, note the chokehold death by police in NYC as an example. They were quite familiar with that man and still ended up killing him with apparent casualness and lack of concern. Again it is training and constant communication between police and the people.

Really?

He didn't seem too concerned when he charmingly waves at the camera while Eric Garner is on the ground unconscious

Let's try this.  Like a complete jerk, devoid of any compassion, he smiles and waves at the camera while Garner is on the ground dying.  Clearer?

Yea, it's clear. I did not see that video of a wave.....the other video did not show anything like that. If he was waving at the camera, at the camera as you assume he was, it is completelt inappropriate.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Really?

Let's try this.  Like a complete jerk, devoid of any compassion, he smiles and waves at the camera while Garner is on the ground dying.  Clearer?

Yea, it's clear. I did not see that video of a wave.....the other video did not show anything like that. If he was waving at the camera, at the camera as you assume he was, it is completelt inappropriate.

Inappropriate?!!! The son of a bitch just murdered a man for selling loose cigarettes! The MF should be skinned alive!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Inappropriate?!!!  The son of a bitch just murdered a man for selling loose cigarettes!  The MF should be skinned alive!

What about the sergeant who was on the scene and supervised each step of the take down?

What was his cause of death?

I don't understand why there wasn't an indictment either but I wasn't on the grand jury as you were.

Folks murdered by police in 2014 (thus far) - Page 2 SergeantKizzyNewYork_zpsa98a3ecf

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Really?

Yes, really. If you saw a different video than the one I saw maybe you could post it. The reports on the news and the videos I was able to pull up on YouTube showed the police choking Garner and cuffing him. I saw no one call  the EMT's nor anyone acting in a concerned or agitated manner over the fact that he had stopped breathing. They looked as if they had just given him a parking ticket. Maybe they cuff people who stop breathing so often that this is nothing out of the ordinary for them? I just didn't see any open concern for his condition. They looked quite casual about the whole event.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Inappropriate?!!!  The son of a bitch just murdered a man for selling loose cigarettes!  The MF should be skinned alive!

What about the sergeant who was on the scene and supervised each step of the take down?

What was his cause of death?

I don't understand why there wasn't an indictment either but I wasn't on the grand jury as you were.

Folks murdered by police in 2014 (thus far) - Page 2 SergeantKizzyNewYork_zpsa98a3ecf

According to a coroner report Garner died from a brain hemorrhage caused by the blockage of his carotid artery.

He wasn't indicted because the prosecuting attorney wanted him not to be indicted.

As for the sergeant, your guess is as good as mine why she failed to do anything at all. Maybe it's because she was a woman in a man's world?

The cop murdered Garner and we all saw it. If you want to cheer such action by police officers, that's your right. What else would we expect from somebody who cheers the torture of captives?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Really?

Yes, really. If you saw a different video than the one I saw maybe you could post it. The reports on the news and the videos I was able to pull up on YouTube showed the police choking Garner and cuffing him. I saw no one call  the EMT's nor anyone acting in a concerned or agitated manner over the fact that he had stopped breathing. They looked as if they had just given him a parking ticket. Maybe they cuff people who stop breathing so often that this is nothing out of the ordinary for them? I just didn't see any open concern for his condition. They looked quite casual about the whole event.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/dec/04/i-cant-breathe-eric-garner-chokehold-death-video

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/dec/04/i-cant-breathe-eric-garner-chokehold-death-video

All I can see is one image. It doesn't play.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I had to tap the screen several times. The film stops as they are placing Garner on the gurney.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:I had to tap the screen several times. The film stops as they are placing Garner on the gurney.

Still no luck. The play time on the clip shows as zero too so it seems to not have anything other than the first frame to show me?

Sal

Sal

I can see it.

It's the same video we've seen over and over of Eric Garner being taken down and choked out.

What's the point?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:I can see it.

It's the same video we've seen over and over of Eric Garner being taken down and choked out.

What's the point?

Back up and read the comments..

Sal

Sal

I see a lot of apparent casualness and lack of concern even by the EMTs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum