Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Torture Report Released ....

+7
KarlRove
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
gatorfan
Floridatexan
knothead
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 5:28 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:You're correct.

I really don't care that the NVA tortured.

I'd like to think we are better than our enemies.

And, it's irrelevant if you believe torture is morally wrong and ineffectual to boot.

Your communications skills are simply pathetic.

I know you wouldn't care that the NVA tortured people. It's too bad you were not involved and included in the festivities.

27Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 5:31 pm

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:You're correct.

I really don't care that the NVA tortured.

I'd like to think we are better than our enemies.

And, it's irrelevant if you believe torture is morally wrong and ineffectual to boot.

Your communications skills are simply pathetic.

I know you wouldn't care that the NVA tortured people. It's too bad you were not involved and included in the festivities.

I meant that strictly in the sense of its relevance in justifying our using torture.

But, anyone with the reading comprehension of a middle schooler would've deduced that.

In fact, our use of torture certainly increases the likelihood of our service personnel being subjected to the same treatment, if not worse.

28Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 5:46 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Save your dixie cups the south will rise again....

Ahhh, the glory days ....

.... when the traitors rose up and killed 300,000 loyal American soldiers in defense of the most vile social system since Sparta.
Yeah the victors write history ..I'll give you that.. Less than 2% of southerners owned slaves. Actually the war was all about states rights....which simply meant the states had a right to self determination.  Guys like you Sal think that the Central government has always been large and in charge. Lincoln made that happen and it really sucks....but yankees love it ... Slavery was on it's way out with industrial farming taking it's place but like all lying governments they needed a moral cause for their immoral behavior...."for the children" is usually it...I think that was it at WACO where the central government burned the children to death for the children's sake....oh well you got your history lessons I got mine.

29Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 5:55 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Save your dixie cups the south will rise again....

Ahhh, the glory days ....

.... when the traitors rose up and killed 300,000 loyal American soldiers in defense of the most vile social system since Sparta.
Yeah the victors write history ..I'll give you that.. Less than 2% of southerners owned slaves. Actually the war was all about states rights....which simply meant the states had a right to self determination.  Guys like you Sal think that the Central government has always been large and in charge. Lincoln made that happen and it really sucks....but yankees love it ... Slavery was on it's way out with industrial farming taking it's place but like all lying governments they needed a moral cause for their immoral behavior...."for the children" is usually it...I think that was it at WACO where the central government burned the children to death for the children's sake....oh well you got your history lessons I got mine.

Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Loco

30Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 5:59 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Boards has finally gone...
Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Full-retard

31Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:11 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Boards has finally gone...

Quite the contrary. You see, I can speak openly and publicly about things such as my political beliefs, my understanding of history, social issues and the like without coming off as if I'm bat-shit crazy. I suspect you don't have that luxury.

Call that what you want.

32Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:14 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Boards has finally gone...

Quite the contrary.  You see, I can speak openly and publicly about things such as my political beliefs, my understanding of history, social issues and the like without coming off as if I'm bat-shit crazy.  I suspect you don't have that luxury.

Call that what you want.

Actually most of the folks you interface with are already bat-shit crazy so it gives you a false sense of comfort and confidence.....think outside the cave batboy....

33Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:25 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

You would be surprised what a ride on a C130 at low altitude can do to one of the dirka dirkas.

34Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:27 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

I'd say more but I won't. Lol. Imagine a former goatherder getting cuffed and stuffed for his RTB trip after getting rolled up.

35Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:32 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:I'd say more but I won't.  Lol. Imagine a former goatherder getting cuffed and stuffed for his RTB trip after getting rolled up.

Be sure to mention that one to your liberal hippy friend jesus when you're having your nightly auditory hallucination conversation in which you ask him for stuff.  I'm sure he would get a kick out of that.  Well, based on what I have read about him, at least.

36Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:37 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Don't hate. There's nothing wrong with a plane ride for our guests.

37Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:42 pm

boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:I'd say more but I won't.  Lol. Imagine a former goatherder getting cuffed and stuffed for his RTB trip after getting rolled up.

Be sure to mention that one to your liberal hippy friend jesus when you're having your nightly auditory hallucination conversation in which you ask him for stuff.  I'm sure he would get a kick out of that.  Well, based on what I have read about him, at least.

Again... is killing the person the moral high ground?

Because that's the obama policy... and would make interesting hearings... particularly the american citizens.

38Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:45 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Obama is good at killing with
Drones.... He said so himself, but I doubt he has the clearance level to even enter the SCIF where
Operations take place.

39Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 6:59 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Because that's the obama policy... and would make interesting hearings... particularly the american citizens.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, however heinous the current policy may be, it is still the lesser of the two evils. The republican policy is worse. Much much worse. I'd rather vote for the electable candidate and deal with a lesser of two evils than throw away my vote and deal with the worst.

40Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 7:05 pm

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, however heinous the current policy may be, it is still the lesser of the two evils. The republican policy is worse. Much much worse. I'd rather vote for the electable candidate and deal with a lesser of two evils than throw away my vote and deal with the worst.

That means you're morally and ethically biased. I wouldn't trust you to call a coin flip.

41Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 7:06 pm

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:I'd rather vote for the electable candidate and deal with a lesser of two evils than throw away my vote and deal with the worst.

Precisely.

42Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 7:51 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, however heinous the current policy may be, it is still the lesser of the two evils.  The republican policy is worse.  Much much worse.  I'd rather vote for the electable candidate and deal with a lesser of two evils than throw away my vote and deal with the worst.

That means you're morally and ethically biased. I wouldn't trust you to call a coin flip.

No it doesn't. You're just stupid.

The people who brought down one of the flights on 9/11 weren't morally and ethically biased. Sure, they killed everyone on their flight, but they also saved whoever would have been killed had the terrorists been able to complete their mission. Lesser of two evils. Neither outcome is optimal, but lesser of two evils.

If a train is speeding out of control down the tracks and I have the option to divert it towards a school bus with 10 kids on board or else it will instead crash into a building killing hundreds, I'll suck it up and divert it towards the school bus. Here again, lesser of two evils. Neither outcome is optimal, but lesser of two evils.

I live in the real world where "results matter", as you like to say. I don't subscribe to ideologies that are hundreds of years old and yet have never actually been employed in a working societal model. Libertarians are overwhelmingly male, overwhelmingly white, overwhelmingly very young, and overwhelmingly undereducated. I suspect you meet all of those criteria, save for the young part. Most grow out of that with age, though some experience a failure to launch. Those are the true idiots. They continue towing the line into middle age and find themselves unable to ever back up their ideology with real-world, empirical results. They sometimes try and stage forum mutinies as an outlet for that frustration. Or, they claim moral and ethical superiority over everyone due to their inability to grasp real world stakes.

What would you have done on 9/11 if you were on the plane? What would you do with the runaway train? In PkrBum land, if anyone dies that would be a forfeiture of moral and ethical standing.  Opting for the lesser of two evils is not acceptable.  So what does that leave?  Pray that superman will swoop down and save everyone?  Well, it's highly unlikely that that will actually happen in the real world, but, hey, at least you get to keep your ethics and morals!

43Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 8:02 pm

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, however heinous the current policy may be, it is still the lesser of the two evils.  The republican policy is worse.  Much much worse.  I'd rather vote for the electable candidate and deal with a lesser of two evils than throw away my vote and deal with the worst.

The people who brought down one of the flights on 9/11 weren't morally and ethically biased. Sure, they killed everyone on their flight, but they also saved whoever would have been killed had the terrorists been able to complete their mission. Lesser of two evils. Neither outcome is optimal, but lesser of two evils.

If a train is speeding out of control down the tracks and I have the option to divert it towards a school bus with 10 kids on board or else it will instead crash into a building killing hundreds, I'll suck it up and divert it towards the school bus. Here again, lesser of two evils. Neither outcome is optimal, but lesser of two evils.

I live in the real world where "results matter", as you like to say. I don't subscribe to ideologies that are hundreds of years old and yet have never actually been employed in a working societal model. Libertarians are overwhelmingly male, overwhelmingly white, overwhelmingly very young, and overwhelmingly undereducated.  I suspect you meet all of those criteria, save for the young part.  Most grow out of that with age, though some experience a failure to launch. Those are the true idiots. They continue towing the line into middle age and find themselves unable to ever back up their ideology with real-world, empirical results. They sometimes try and stage forum mutinies as an outlet for that frustration. Or, they claim moral and ethical superiority over everyone due to their inability to grasp real world stakes.

What would you have done on 9/11 if you were on the plane? What would you do with the runaway train? In PkrBum land, if anyone dies that would be a forfeiture of moral and ethical standing.  Opting for the lesser of two evils is not acceptable.  So what does that leave?  Pray that superman will swoop down and save everyone?  Well, it's highly unlikely that that will actually happen in the real world, but, hey, at least you get to keep your ethics and morals!

Well stated . . . . good post!

44Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 8:13 pm

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I live in the real world where "results matter", as you like to say. I don't subscribe to ideologies that are hundreds of years old and yet have never actually been employed in a working societal model. Libertarians are overwhelmingly male, overwhelmingly white, overwhelmingly very young, and overwhelmingly undereducated. I suspect you meet all of those criteria, save for the young part. Most grow out of that with age, though some experience a failure to launch. Those are the true idiots. They continue towing the line into middle age and find themselves unable to ever back up their ideology with real-world, empirical results. They sometimes try and stage forum mutinies as an outlet for that frustration. Or, they claim moral and ethical superiority over everyone due to their inability to grasp real world stakes.

Those same rationalizations are what enabled the enhanced interrogation techniques. The country was in an uproar from 9/11 and were clammering to be protected and those responsible to be brought to justice and killed. Congratulations.

To protect innocent lives... bad guys are treated badly. You just find the torture more palatable than killing.

Weak sauce.

45Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 8:25 pm

2seaoat

I just do not understand the need for moral equivalency and changing the subject. Yes, bad things happened in the Civil War. Yes, bad things happened in Viet Nam. Yes, bad things happened in WWII. I think bad things are happening now. The question is simple. How do we handle a person who is our prisoner? I do not think this is a conservative vs liberal debate. I do not think it is a question that has any ambivalence. We treat them as we would expect to be treated in a similar situation. This is a clear defined area of morality. It is not debatable. It is the essence of civilization.

Now, the entire drone use by a nation state beyond declared war under the general guise of self defense from acts of terrorism is not as clearly defined, nor is it going to be as easy to define the limits of war. It is however a conversation which must begin now. The CIA is an important component of national security. The defense of this nation state is an important goal. Although drone strikes are an entirely different moral discussion, it is one which must begin now. I think people should be prosecuted in both cases where the law was clearly ignored. The first thing the Nazis did was realize those immoral acts which they were about to commit must be in compliance with the law. So instead of stopping the evil, the simply changed the statutes so the illusion of legal actions and conformity to the same could be maintained. As a nation we need to be secured, but not at this price.

46Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 9:11 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by boards of FL Today at 7:59 pm
PkrBum wrote:

boards of FL wrote:

KarlRove wrote:

I'd say more but I won't. Lol. Imagine a former goatherder getting cuffed and stuffed for his RTB trip after getting rolled up.

Be sure to mention that one to your liberal hippy friend jesus when you're having your nightly auditory hallucination conversation in which you ask him for stuff. I'm sure he would get a kick out of that. Well, based on what I have read about him, at least.

-----
So you are for killing kids of terrorists who are American citizens without one ounce of due process?

Al- Alwaki nuf said 17 years old

47Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 9:19 pm

I've got a solution... let's kill them after we torture them. That ought to make the neocons and the leftists happy.

48Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 9:22 pm

2seaoat

So you are for killing kids of terrorists who are American citizens without one ounce of due process?

Al- Alwaki nuf said 17 years old

I think the first thing I would do with a Republican Senate is hold that hearing. Which is exactly what the President wants. You do understand the difference between a game of chess and checkers. The trojan horse awaits entry into the kingdom of the entrenched MIC.........and you think this release of information is not inviting that the disclosures continue in all areas of policy........good things will happen when our leaders are accountable to the American people for their conduct and the conduct of those who serve them. We however must be very careful not to make the mistakes of the Church committee so many years ago, and to make the CIA accountable is quite a different animal from understanding that they have a very difficult mission which is very necessary for our survival as a nation state.

49Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 9:25 pm

2seaoat

I've got a solution... let's kill them after we torture them. That ought to make the neocons and the leftists happy.

Morality stands independent of the politics. It is clear when talking about a detainee. Other areas may be slippery slopes and ambiguous, but the treatment of prisoners of war and detainees is not ambiguous. There is a clear moral world consensus. Evil is definable.

50Torture Report Released .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Torture Report Released .... 12/9/2014, 10:19 pm

Geneva
Convention (III) relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War. Geneva, 12 August 1949.
Humane treatment of prisoners
ARTICLE 13

Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission by the Detaining Power causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. In particular, no prisoner of war may be subjected to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are not justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the prisoner concerned and carried out in his interest.
Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity.
Measures of reprisal against prisoners of war are prohibited.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum