Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For both liberals and conservatives: All cases of white cops killing black people ARE NOT the same.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Michael Brown was a lowlife thug who did a strongarm robbery and when apprehended he used violence on a cop to avoid arrest.
As far as I'm concerned,  he got what he fucking deserved.  

Eric Garner WAS NOT Michael Brown,  he DID NOT do anything to even approach what Michael Brown did,  and he DID NOT deserve to be killed for it,  and the cops involved SHOULD HAVE been charged with manslaughter.

When I was trying to quit smoking,  I would taper off by buying single cigarettes from a Vietnamese owned convenience store on 9th Ave which catered to a poor clientele who could not afford to buy a whole pack of cigarettes.  That store closed years ago and from then on all I could buy was cigarettes by the full pack.  If Eric Garner was set up on the street in Pensacola I would have gladly bought single cigarettes from him and thanked him for providing me with them.
New York City politicians have implemented a $5 tax on a pack of cigarettes that is why Eric Garner and others are selling single cigarettes.

Anytime a black is killed by a white cop,  liberals on this forum say the black is innocent and the cop is guilty.
Anytime a black is killed by a white cop,  conservatives on this forum say the black is guilty and the cop is innocent.
BULL FUCKING SHIT!!!!

Sal

Sal

If the shooting of Michael Brown was justified, then it should have been proven in a court of law.

Rigging grand juries to allow law enforcement to skate is not justice and is not the American way.

In both cases, there was more than enough probable cause for indictment.

In America, you can indict a ham sandwich, but you can't indict a pig.

no stress

no stress

No idea how they got away without an indictment on this one. something is fishy

Sal

Sal

It's pretty simple really.

You have a local prosecutor who has a symbiotic relationship with the local police force from the get go.

They then run a joke of a grand jury where they refuse to properly instruct the jury, share evidence with the defendant's legal counsel, selectively leak information to the press of their choice, and allow the target of the investigation to give carefully scripted testimony unchallenged.

And, a large segment of the populace is more than happy to see it go down this way because they see black men as threats due to their very existence.

It's fucked up but not hard to recognize.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

no stress wrote:No idea how they got away without an indictment on this one.  something is fishy

The bad fish smell gets a whole lots stronger when they indict the guy who shot the video but they don't indict the cops. That sounds like they're really trying to intimidate citizens who show us police brutality. Stinks to high heaven.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A GRAND JURY IS NOT A TRIAL AND MEANS ALMOST NOTHING WAS REALLY RESOLVED as to guilt or innocence......the prosecutor controls the whole charade.....

2seaoat

A GRAND JURY IS NOT A TRIAL AND MEANS ALMOST NOTHING WAS REALLY RESOLVED as to guilt or innocence......the prosecutor controls the whole charade.....

Correct.  All the grand jury does is avoid a preliminary hearing.  Any prosecutor can directly charge a defendant at any time.  I can say this in BOTH cases.........put a young and independent prosecutor on both cases with the political will to convict police misconduct.   They would get convictions at trial.   The key is immediate arrest and proper bond setting.   To allow these perps to walk, and to delay arrest only guarantees eventual acquittal.   Look at how the Lowery case was handled locally.......immediate arrest and jail, and no bail.   That is the only way to change the behavior.  If you think you can hurt citizens with impunity, you will hurt citizens.  If you think you can hurt citizens, collect a check on administrative leave for a year, never see a jail cell, and never be indicted, behavior will not be modified.   Three or four folks sitting in a jail cell like other defendants waiting trial, regardless of an eventual not guilty is a HUGE deterrence not to pile on and shoot unarmed citizens.  When you aim that gun you realize there is a risk......right now no officer sees a risk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum