Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Of course the frightened white cop was found innocent -- It's America.

+7
The Dude
Markle
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Guided by an obvious racist prosecutor determined to protect the accused white officer, Ferguson's Grand Jury finds the cop who gunned down the unarmed teenager at a distance above 25' escapes even a manslaughter rap.

The truth is, African-Americans have never escaped overt racism in the country they were brought to originally, in chains.

Face it, racial profiling is a reality and the way things are in the black community, there is too much crime and violence and you can't help but understand the inherent, all-abiding fear white cops have who have to risk their lives in that environment on a daily basis.

Wilson gunned down Brown because he was scared to death of the big, black teenager whom he had shot and was still on his feet -- even worse, the kid turned and was facing him and coming towards him AGAIN. Bang!, bang, bang, bang, bang! -- and Michael Brown was face down in the street, his brains spilling on the cement, and during the four hours that the dead kid lay there, everyone knew the white cop wasn't going to pay for it. Not in Missouri. Not near St. Louis. Not in America.

Since Brown's termination at the hands of his frightened white armed opponent, other young black men and boys have been gunned down by white cops who evidently operate from fear even when the suspect is 12 years old and the initial phoned report mentions the gun the kid is waving around in the park might be a fake.

Martin Luther King was gunned down because he frightened southern white men.

The scars of racism run deep. While some of the hatred of President Obama
expressed now by his political opponents -- and much of America -- can be deemed the product of his administrative actions and decisions, the hatred expressed for him the moment he was sworn is absolutely the product of white fear.

Nobody in America is surprised by the latest race riots in Ferguson. From the race riots of the 1960s until now, nothing has changed.

White people are still afraid.

Reality.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

interesting way of looking at it...Yeah Wilson the cop was 6'4" and over 200 lbs and he was afraid....but then again you have O.J.s that actually do kill white people and quite a bit of black on white crime...so I don't think this is an easy thing to boil down and point blame.

There were good Black folks at Ferguson trying to peacefully protest and idiots looting stores providing whites with a reason to be afraid...very big mess.

And you, as I , sit at a keyboard and voice an opinion.  Takes real balls for that, right?

Our first responders put their lives on the line daily to make sure those who cross the line of the law do not harm those who do live within the law.  Do they have the pleasure of sitting back as you and I do and read story upon story about the situation and come to their conclusions in the split second moment they have to decide if someone is going to attack them...after they have already been attacked?  What should the decision be?  Sit down in a yoga position and begin to "ohmmmm" their fear?  

Who the hell would not be fearful?  There is not a truthful man or woman who serves to keep peace that would tell you they are never afraid.  So freakin' what if he was?  

Go put on your uniform and do better.  See how it is to live life in a split second decision situation rather than the comfort of your position behind the keyboard in a delete, autocorrect, do-over world of words.

Very Happy Peace.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:And you, as I , sit at a keyboard and voice an opinion.  Takes real balls for that, right?

Our first responders put their lives on the line daily to make sure those who cross the line of the law do not harm those who do live within the law.  Do they have the pleasure of sitting back as you and I do and read story upon story about the situation and come to their conclusions in the split second moment they have to decide if someone is going to attack them...after they have already been attacked.  What should the decision be?  Sit down in a yoga position and begin to "ohmmmm" their fear?  

Who the hell would not be fearful?  There is not a truthful man or woman who serves to keep peace that would tell you they are never afraid.  So freakin' what if he was?  

Go put on your uniform and do better.  See how it is to live life in a split second decision situation rather than the comfort of your position behind the keyboard in a delete, autocorrect, do-over world of words.

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace my ass bitch. How in hell do you know what I've faced in my life? And I'll wager my balls are a helluva lot bigger than yours! Or, come to think of it, maybe not (LOL) . . .

And evidently you fail to grasp the meaning of what I wrote. I'm not putting Darren Wilson down for being afraid. I'm putting down the racism in America that makes it so. Racially, we're a country that preaches equality, that prides itself on racial justice ... but have never been able to live what we preach.

And that sweetie, is worth writing about.

Peace.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:interesting way of looking at it...Yeah Wilson the cop was 6'4" and over 200 lbs and he was afraid....but then again you have O.J.s that actually do kill white people and quite a bit of black on white crime...so I don't think this is an easy thing to boil down and point blame.

There were good Black folks at Ferguson trying to peacefully protest and idiots looting stores providing whites with a reason to be afraid...very big mess.

I agree.

Sal

Sal

There's a deep problem with the way law enforcement looks at the public.

Starting with the War on Drugs, and then super-sized after 9/11, the police have militarized their tactics and their equipment.

The result has been that their attitude and mentality has shifted from public servants to occupiers with the public playing the role of the enemy.

This is especially true in black communities.

George Orwell wrote something to the effect of the police being the natural enemies of the poor.

It's never been more true.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Dear She Writes:

You're never going to be a good writer lady, not if you belittle the act of using a keyboard and words to express how you feel about the things you hate or love.

If you really feel writing is shallow, go pick another hobby.

Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:And you, as I , sit at a keyboard and voice an opinion.  Takes real balls for that, right?

Our first responders put their lives on the line daily to make sure those who cross the line of the law do not harm those who do live within the law.  Do they have the pleasure of sitting back as you and I do and read story upon story about the situation and come to their conclusions in the split second moment they have to decide if someone is going to attack them...after they have already been attacked.  What should the decision be?  Sit down in a yoga position and begin to "ohmmmm" their fear?  

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace my ass bitch.  How in hell do you know what I've faced in my life? And I'll wager my balls are a helluva lot bigger than yours!  Or, come to think of it, maybe not (LOL) . . .

And evidently you fail to grasp the meaning of what I wrote.  I'm not putting Darren Wilson down for being afraid.  I'm putting down the racism in America that makes it so.  Racially, we're a country that preaches equality, that prides itself on racial justice ... but have never been able to live what we preach.  

Peace.  

And your lack of balls puts RACISM as the reason.  Yes, this is  story that needs much to be written about it.  To put a rest at last to the race card being pulled every time someone of color is arrested, charged, and yes, sadly killed for their inability to abide by law.

It's the cowards way out of conflict to immediately scream RACE.

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace my ass bitch.  How in hell do you know what I've faced in my life? And I'll wager my balls are a helluva lot bigger than yours!  Or, come to think of it, maybe not (LOL) . . .

And evidently you fail to grasp the meaning of what I wrote.  I'm not putting Darren Wilson down for being afraid.  I'm putting down the racism in America that makes it so.  Racially, we're a country that preaches equality, that prides itself on racial justice ... but have never been able to live what we preach.  

Peace.  

And your lack of balls puts RACISM as the reason.  Yes, this is  story that needs much to be written about it.  To put a rest at last to the race card being pulled every time someone of color is arrested, charged, and yes, sadly killed for their inability to abide by law.

There are well documented gaps that exist among the races. Income gaps, education gaps, incarceration gaps. Many would say these are remnants of our racist past. It was only a generation or two ago that black people were segregated and had no voting rights.

If racism isn't the culprit for these gaps, what is your alternative theory? Are black people just fundamentally different...somehow...from white people?

The floor is yours.

The issue is law breaking. Not race.

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:The issue is law breaking.  Not race.

SheDeflects would be a more fitting name.

Either that or SheReiteratesHerPositionWithoutActuallyBackingItUpSubstantively.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

And you call yourself a writer? LOL. Try looking a little wider, dummy. Frightened white cops shooting 12 year old kids with toy guns, or the Michael Brown shooting are all symptoms of the same disease. You need, desperately need to know the history of your country. Why do black Americans live mostly in black neighborhoods? Why does black unemployment exceed by double or more that of whites, regardless of sex, age, etc.? Why do black Americans have to keep fighting for their right to vote in the Southern states?

Why did so many Americans express such venom over Obama's first election to the presidency?

Do you really think a white baby and a brown or black baby in America share the same opportunities?

You've been eating too much white bread and mayonnaise lady. I've lived in California, Nevada, Idaho, Texas and New York, Japan, Palau in Micronesia, Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, Canada and here in the Panhandle. I evaded being kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines, and I'm a trained knife fighter. Tell me about your balls ... LOL

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

And you call yourself a writer?  LOL.  Try looking a little wider, dummy.  Frightened white cops shooting 12 year old kids with toy guns, or the Michael Brown shooting are all symptoms of the same disease.  You need, desperately need to know the history of your country.  Why do black Americans live mostly in black neighborhoods?  Why does black unemployment exceed by double or more that of whites, regardless of sex, age, etc.?  Why do black Americans have to keep fighting for their right to vote in the Southern states?

Why did so many Americans express such venom over Obama's first election to the presidency?

Do you really think a white baby and a brown or black baby in America share the same opportunities?

You've been eating too much white bread and mayonnaise lady.  I've lived in California, Nevada, Idaho, Texas and New York, Japan, Palau in Micronesia, Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, Canada and here in the Panhandle.  I evaded being kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines, and I'm a trained knife fighter.  Tell me about your balls ... LOL

What is your story for Dillon Taylor?

boards of FL wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

There are well documented gaps that exist among the races.  Income gaps, education gaps, incarceration gaps.  Many would say these are remnants of our racist past.  It was only a generation or two ago that black people were segregated and had no voting rights.

If racism isn't the culprit for these gaps, what is your alternative theory?  Are black people just fundamentally different...somehow...from white people?

The floor is yours.

Of course the frightened white cop was found innocent -- It's America.   Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

Why don't you explain to us why there is an educational gap, especially since it directly affects income, when education through K12 is available to all and grants and scholarships for college available to many who wish to continue their education.

The floor is yours.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

And you call yourself a writer?  LOL.  Try looking a little wider, dummy.  Frightened white cops shooting 12 year old kids with toy guns, or the Michael Brown shooting are all symptoms of the same disease.  You need, desperately need to know the history of your country.  Why do black Americans live mostly in black neighborhoods?  Why does black unemployment exceed by double or more that of whites, regardless of sex, age, etc.?  Why do black Americans have to keep fighting for their right to vote in the Southern states?

You've been eating too much white bread and mayonnaise lady.  I've lived in California, Nevada, Idaho, Texas and New York, Japan, Palau in Micronesia, Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, Canada and here in the Panhandle.  I evaded being kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines, and I'm a trained knife fighter.  Tell me about your balls ... LOL

It wasn't racism. I think that tragedy stems from the prevailing cop psyche that's been greatly accelerated by terrorism and police militarization. To all those fearful cops we've now become the enemy. That's reality today. Who knows, any one of us could be carrying a bomb in our backpack. Shoot first! The thing is, bin Ladin is winning. We've been forced to accept Ninja cops, continual governmental spying, torture and rendition, and the right of the President to murder any one of us and to do so without penalty.

Screw Amerika Inc.!! Corporate control of our government through campaign financing.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

Utah cops seem to just like shooting people.

Use of force by police is the second-most common circumstance under which Utahns kill each other, surpassed only by intimate partner violence.

That's unbelievable, and is certainly the result of our militarized police forces, but it also does nothing to discount the fact that nationally young black men are 21 times more likely to be shot by cops than young white men.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

There are well documented gaps that exist among the races.  Income gaps, education gaps, incarceration gaps.  Many would say these are remnants of our racist past.  It was only a generation or two ago that black people were segregated and had no voting rights.

If racism isn't the culprit for these gaps, what is your alternative theory?  Are black people just fundamentally different...somehow...from white people?

The floor is yours.

Of course the frightened white cop was found innocent -- It's America.   Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

Why don't you explain to us why there is an educational gap, especially since it directly affects income, when education through K12 is available to all and grants and scholarships for college available to many who wish to continue their education.

The floor is yours.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Imagine. You're born and raised in a poverty-stricken black neighborhood. You never knew your father. Your mom smokes crack and cleans rooms at a cheap motel. The most successful men on your street are pimps or sell dope. You either join the local gangsta outfit, or fight them, and you won't find much appreciation for education there.

Just what is your motivation to apply yourself from K-1-12?

Can you explain it better? I'm all ears. By the way, Jethro
Tull isn't much of a flute player. Try listening to Frank West or Hubert Laws.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

The floor is yours.

The floor is yours.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

I think it's reasonable to assume that I shouldn't have to explain things that are so fundamental such as the link between socioeconomic factors and educational outcomes.  Alas...

There is a well documented understanding that factors beyond just the individual teacher and school influence a child's educational outcomes.  In fact, socioeconomic status is a better predictor of a child's success than any given school or teacher.  

Kids who have parents who are available after school to help with homework, prepare meals, provide clothing, and generally offer encouragement generally achieve greater academic success than kids who find themselves in a situation in which the parents are not home, they're hungry, and no one is there to ensure that all schoolwork is being completed.  

If you don't buy the mountains of well documented research into this phenomenon, simply asking any schoolteacher that you ever meet.

http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED451291
http://etd.nd.edu/ETD-db/theses/available/etd-03272012-034408/unrestricted/MonttG032012D.pdf
http://profile.educ.indiana.edu/Portals/131/Toutkoushian%20Curtis%20JER%202005.pdf
http://aed.sagepub.com/content/57/2/124
http://research.acer.edu.au/aje/vol54/iss1/5/
http://www.oecd.org/pisa/pisaproducts/48852584.pdf

Let me know if you need help on anything else.  Gravity, how to tie shoelaces...these are all abstract things that always require explanation.

Last edited by boards of FL on 11/25/2014, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Utah cops seem to just like shooting people.

Use of force by police is the second-most common circumstance under which Utahns kill each other, surpassed only by intimate partner violence.

That's unbelievable, and is certainly the result of our militarized police forces, but it also does nothing to discount the fact that nationally young black men are 21 times more likely to be shot by cops than young white men.

Young black men are also much more likely to be killed by young black men... just ignore that to continue selective outrage.

Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

Gross. No white bread. Easy on the mayo on a good whole grain, please, with lots of veggies. Spring water to drink. I do read those posts from Teo!

Seems you've led an exciting life. I've lived in many places. When one is open minded a depth and breadth of life can be experienced. I am thankful for that. I've always enjoyed and gone out of my way to meet people from different walks of life. I came back home and settled in the panhandle once again to care for aging parents. So I'd say I've mellowed a bit. I like to hear both sides of any story. And going for the jugular is not my style. I may react harshly - as I did to defend this officer who you described as frightened and white. But that's why you wrote it as you did - the attention grabber. And you caught my attention.

Justice, as we know it on the record of procedure, was carried out. It did not bring about a decision that calmed and brought resolution. There is never resolution this quickly in death. This family is still going through the throws of grief and that, in an of itself, is a wild ride. I'm sure, as I'm sure I would do if it were my son, they will proceed with a civil case. It's the system we have and it's a system that should be used until a resolution can be made. But one has to have the ability to see that the resolution may not be what we would hope for. I'm sure their son bullying and robbing a convenience store clerk was not something they ever hoped for.

But to cast off the events of that day on racism...still not buying into that roadshow.

If Al and Jesse would turn the roadshow into healing communities instead of dividing them then maybe we could get somewhere.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Very Happy Peace.  

Peace.  

It wasn't racism.  I think that tragedy stems from the prevailing cop psyche that's been greatly accelerated by terrorism and police militarization.  To all those fearful cops we've now become the enemy.  That's reality today.  Who knows, any one of us could be carrying a bomb in our backpack.  Shoot first!  The thing is, bin Ladin is winning.  We've been forced to accept Ninja cops, continual governmental spying, torture and rendition, and the right of the President to murder any one of us and to do so without penalty.

Screw Amerika Inc.!!  Corporate control of our government through campaign financing.

But the Freguson shooting wa nothing but racism?

" Hands up, don't shoot " had that scenerio ocurred, Brown would be alive. Instead it was an assault on the officer, taunting, daring and finally charging the officer. Brown's behavior was the same as it was in the video shown in the cigar store theft.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Young black men are also much more likely to be killed by young black men... just ignore that to continue selective outrage.

Thanks, Giuliani.

Rolling Eyes

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

" Hands up, don't shoot "  had that scenerio ocurred, Brown would be alive. Instead it was an assault on the officer, taunting, daring and finally charging the officer.  Brown's behavior was the same as it was in the video shown in the cigar store theft.

Yes, yes ...

"thuggity, thug, thug, etc."

Just look at these graphic photos of Wilson after the savage attack by the monster!! ....

Of course the frightened white cop was found innocent -- It's America.   Screen10

Of course the frightened white cop was found innocent -- It's America.   Screen11

Of course the frightened white cop was found innocent -- It's America.   Screen10

He coulda been killed!!

He was obviously in fear for his life!!!

Just look at those slight discolorations ...

... maybe.

Or, is it Rosacea??

Jebus fucking Crist, I've messed myself up worse shaving.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I at least expected his jaw was hanging lose from one side....yeah this is a bit underwhelming as evidence of Hulk Hogan Beating up a 5 year old....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Or, is it Rosacea??

Oh please!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum