Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The President's final beat down......base relocations

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I predicted this four years ago, and it is beginning to happen. You will see the Department of defense under his CIC authority consolidating bases. As I predicted the new bases will be located in blue or swing states.......more to come.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/scott-afb-among-four-bases-considered-for-new-mission-and/article_56d622e8-6182-5b07-b6d7-5fa2f58952d7.html

You want to play with a Chicago boy.......you better learn the Chicago way.

2seaoat

Hagel will be doing the dirty work in 2015.....Maxwell Air force base having some folks move to other air bases.....bet on it.

KarlRove

KarlRove

You can't do it by executive order.

Its not a BRAC either stupid. It's not even a realignment. It's more staff positions most likely for O's as they always look out for themselves.

WASHINGTON • Scott Air Force Base is among four installations being considered by the Air Force to host a new Installation and Mission Support Center, which could bring as many as 350 new personnel to the chosen base.

The Air Force announced earlier this week that Scott was among those considered, along with Joint Base Langley-Eustis Virginia; Joint Base San Antonio, Texas; and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. All told, about 3,000 people in installations around the country will be assigned to the center's mission.

These four were chosen as finalists among 10 originally considered.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you insinuating that Texas, Virginia, and Ohio will roll over and take it up that ass?

Last edited by KarlRove on 11/21/2014, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

A little peanut butter on a mouse trap always works. Yes, he can as CIC......bet on it. Force reductions and consolidation is completely within his scope of authority......at no time did I say base closings......just reallocation of assets which will eventually lead to certain base closings in some examples. He is going to laugh himself to sleep each night over the next two years thinking about the beat down the Republicans threaten.......his legacy is now sealed.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Consolidating means closing asshat. No, it won't happen by his pen and phone. How many fights is he going to pick before he is impeached?

Vikingwoman

Impeached for what? Doing his job as President? LOL!

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:Impeached for what? Doing his job as President? LOL!
He has no authority to close bases.

2seaoat

He has no authority to close bases

He has the authority to move helicopter operations from Milton to Scott if he as CIC working with his Sec of Defense and the Joint Chiefs agree.....which they most certainly will over the next two years......not everything in Milton will be gone, but the base can be made functionally unsustainable. Bet on it. He could move half the remaining Pensacola naval to other navy bases, and make Pensacola functionally unsustainable. He can make a CIC decision that he does not want so many assets in Hurricane zones and move some operations from Eglin..........He can move most of the assets from a German air base and send them to somewhere in the usa which bring efficiencies with consolidations......sorry......learn the executive powers......he is going to be bending over congress the last two years without one worry about hurting anybody, only doing what is best for the country.........half of the panhandle active duty moved to other bases.....oh my.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Vikingwoman wrote:Impeached for what? Doing his job as President? LOL!

The President will never be impeached....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:He has no authority to close bases

He has the authority to move helicopter operations from Milton to Scott if he as CIC working with his Sec of Defense and the Joint Chiefs agree.....which they most certainly will over the next two years......not everything in Milton will be gone, but the base can be made functionally unsustainable.   Bet on it.  He could move half the remaining Pensacola naval to other navy bases, and make Pensacola functionally unsustainable.   He can make a CIC decision that he does not want so many assets in Hurricane zones and move some operations from Eglin..........He can move most of the assets from a German air base and send them to somewhere in the usa which bring efficiencies with consolidations......sorry......learn the executive powers......he is going to be bending over congress the last two years without one worry about hurting anybody, only doing what is best for the country.........half of the panhandle active duty moved to other bases.....oh my.

Actually, the helicopter operations would go to Dothan. It has been a possibility for decades. When I joined HT-8 to be an instructor in 1981, they told me that it was very possible I could be transferred to Fort Rucker during my tour. There is nothing that the Navy does in Pensacola or over in SRC that could not be done somewhere else.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

I have heard that realignment is in store for Ft. Campbell (KY) and preparations are underway to prepare for a reduction in the 101st.

2seaoat

The congressmen who are trying to play the Chicago way with a Chicago guy........its like bringing a knife to a gunfight. The President has gritted his teeth and tried to compromise, but in the end the color of his skin would never allow the same......Now, he is all Chicago. I have not had this level of euphoria in years......I saw the joy of families staying together, and the utter stumbling of the butchmeups........I cannot wait until they start passing bills to cut appropriations.......pure joy as Hillary and Bill had smiles on their face that I have not seen in years......the celebration begins as his legacy is certain, and stupid does not get fixed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum