Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola Discussion Forum Moderator Election

+6
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
dumpcare
Vikingwoman
TEOTWAWKI
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Boar has agreed to allow an election to determine moderation of this board. Please nominate candidates below and propose rules. I was thinking narrowing it down to four during a primary process to include a q&a session. Then debate prior to eliminating the candidates to two. With a round of promises and lies for a few days before the final election. I'll recuse myself to maintain a fair process... feel free to throw your own hat into the ring if you have any interest in moderating.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I nominate the smartest guy in the room..Pkrbum for moderator .

Pensacola Discussion Forum Moderator Election Fireworks-o

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I nominate the smartest guy in the room..Pkrbum for moderator .

Lol... thanks but I recuse myself. Joani or DE or yourself would be very good imo.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:

Lol... thanks but I recuse myself. Joani or DE or yourself would be very good imo.

I hope popular demand might sway your decision....

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:

None of them would be suitable. There is no one.

Vikingwoman

LOL! That was a joke, wasn't it?

I just don't think it's fair that I pressed for the process and proposed rules and then run. I also don't think I should nominate anyone. I do think I should be able to take part in the q&a/debate and vote. So cmon peeps... what do you want in a moderator?

Then nominate yourself dreams... or your boi boards. Maybe we should have a term limit... like a year?

dumpcare

I nominate Bob, I know he will make sure everyone has free milk duds and if we're good sneak us all into a movie. He also can make pretty good deal.

ppaca wrote:I nominate Bob, I know he will make sure everyone has free milk duds and if we're good sneak us all into a movie. He also can make pretty good deal.

Great... good choice.

PkrBum wrote:

Pensacola Discussion Forum Moderator Election Th?&id=HN.608041230578549048&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

I'm already busy running for the top spot in government...

I second the nomination for Joani though and volunteer to be one of her czar's so long as I can take my pound of flesh whenever I desire.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p99a6K81zqM

Very Happy

Maybe some of the people that have been driven away would be interested?

We also have some bright people that are relatively new... like shewrites, gatorfan, lisa12... yella or seagoat would be interesting choices too. The style of moderation could range from hands off to heavy handed... or the power tripping punk.

Cool... so far Joani and Bob have been nominated... assuming they accept.

PkrBum wrote:Cool... so far Joani and Bob have been nominated... assuming they accept.

Pensacola Discussion Forum Moderator Election Th?id=HN.607993131241377372&w=174&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

I think Joani would be fair and has given me the impression of being fairly level headed... That and she would keep 'the one who must not be spoken of' from coming here and maybe Chrissy would come back with the right moderator holding off Dreams.

Bob would be an interesting choice and he appears to be fair... Though he does get worked up about some things.

A combination of Eric and Joani as moderators would be really interesting... Though I believe Sal and Wordslinger wouldn't last long before getting banned.

Myself... I'd ban anyone for at least a day the moment they suggested they were seeking personal information or posting it about another member. No exceptions.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmuZsSsyQ-M

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 11/14/2014, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

I'll nominate Boards to continue as moderator ....

Pensacola Discussion Forum Moderator Election Giphy

Good... Joani, Bob, and Boards so far.

Pensacola Discussion Forum Moderator Election Th?&id=HN.608012480064653985&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

I am however willing to be part of a three moderator system...

Joani, Eric, and myself

I've already given one new rule. I won't sway on it no matter who attempts to violate it and I won't listen to some mealy mouth gibberish about how that's not what they were attempting to do.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Pensacola Discussion Forum Moderator Election Th?&id=HN.608005071246786787&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

The second thing I'd do is eliminate the ignore function.

You don't like what's being said then you'd best bring up your reasons for it. If you don't like it because it rings to close to the way you've presented arguments in the past though... That's really to bad! Perhaps you shouldn't have used types of arguments in the past... Want to talk about some social issues now?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

dumpcare

So far I like all the choices, I need to hear a campaign speech first before making my decision. lol! lol! lol!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think Pace Dog and Markle should jointly moderate this board.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I think Pace Dog and Markle should jointly moderate this board.....

Is that a nomination?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Do I resign my current moderator status to rerun?  I am more of a hands-off moderator anyway.

Joanimaroni wrote:Do I resign my current moderator status to rerun?  I am more of a hands-off moderator anyway.

I think that's exactly what many prefer.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

?.....that I resign or I'm a hands-off moderator?

Sal

Sal

How the hell did Joanie get to be a moderator??

What's up with that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum