Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Three Star General Tells Why We lost the war in Iraq and Afghanistan

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Herr Markle and Pacedog keep insisting we won the war in Iraq ... this Three Star General tells how and why we lost --

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/26877-a-3-star-general-explains-why-we-lost-in-iraq-afghanistan

The actual war only lasted a couple of weeks and was probably cheaper than obama's bombing campaigns of peace.

We the people must learn to reject the rationalizations from the govt and media... including foreign aid.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I started reading that and all I heard was....

A Three Star General Tells Why We lost the war in Iraq and Afghanistan Crying-Baby-Natural-High-for-Some-Moms

Pussy needs to man up or flip burgers....

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Here's a new concept: why don't we let the people of the Mideast solve their own problems, and when they boil it down to one winner, we'll know exactly who we need to face!

Screw Amerika Inc.!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:Here's a new concept:  why don't we let the people of the Mideast solve their own problems, and when they boil it down to one winner, we'll know exactly who we need to face!

Screw Amerika Inc.!!

I'm down with that....better yet mind our own business and quit being hit-men for the central banking industry.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What I saw almost immediately was trouble figuring out who the enemy was. We knew within a day or two of the 9/11 attacks that it was al-Qaida, a terrorist network that had a headquarters element, if you would call it that, or a chairman of the board in Osama Bin Laden. And they were operating out of Afghanistan.

But that's not who we ended up fighting most of the time. Sure, we went after al-Qaida at times. But we ended up fighting the Taliban, which were Pashtun people in Afghanistan who were trying to run that country. We evicted them in 2001. And we ended up fighting Sunni Arab insurgents in Iraq, who again — although they might make common cause with al-Qaida — those weren't the guys who attacked us on 9/11.

Yep. This retired general kind of throws cold-water on Markle's and Pace Dogs justifications for the idiotic war in Iraq.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Lost?

It's a generational war wordslinger. My kids and your grandkids will fight it. History will determine if it was won.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Lost?

It's a generational war wordslinger. My kids and your grandkids will fight it. History will determine if it was won.

So you have given up on the Rapture....good that's a start.

Nope the rapture is coming bro and not soon enough

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Then how are your kids and grandkids gonna prove their manliness and love for god by killing folks in the future ?

You are off the deep end

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:You are off the deep end

I jumped in to try and save you......

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Lost?

Thanks. At least you no longer claim we won the war, which we're evidently still fighting.

But, why are we still fighting there? Do you care whether it's al Qaida, ISIS or the Sunnis or Shias run the place? None of the above should be counted as friends of America!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:We did win
Yeah and I had a successful marriage before the divorce.

We kicked their tail in every battle. That was the WAR part. Nation-building is not the job of the military. The diplomats eat that failure.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

This is why I love ya, T.

Every once in a while, you stumble into a real truth.

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

This is why I love ya, T.

Every once in a while, you stumble into a real truth.

A blind hog can find an acorn now and then . . . . . agree Sal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum