Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

End times Pope.... Another thing coming to pass

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_REL_CATHOLIC_BISHOPS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-11-08-12-50-58

He could split the church with his liberal views.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The pope has nothing to do with the Church.  Who have you been listening to ?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Liberal Catholics, huh? My brother is a practicing Catholic (we all grew-up in the church). He is a widower and has fallen in love with a widow who happens to be Jewish. He went to his Monsignor and asked him if the Church would sanction his marriage to this woman (a wonderful lady who my family has known since about 1975). The Monsignor smiled and told my brother: "Well, what are you waiting for? Go marry her!"

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Liberal Catholics, huh? My brother is a practicing Catholic (we all grew-up in the church). He is a widower and has fallen in love with a widow who happens to be Jewish. He went to his Monsignor and asked him if the Church would sanction his marriage to this woman (a wonderful lady who my family has known since about 1975). The Monsignor smiled and told my brother: "Well, what are you waiting for? Go marry her!"

Go marry her, but not in the Catholic church....I guarantee you...and if they do...its a liberal monsignor.

"Many of the U.S. bishops have been disoriented by what this new pope is saying and I don't see them really as embracing the pope's agenda," said John Thavis, a former Rome bureau chief for Catholic News Service. "To a large degree, the U.S. bishops have lost their bearings. I think up until now, they felt Rome had their back, and what they were saying - especially politically - would eventually be supported in Rome. They can't count on that now."

Cardinal Raymond Burke, the former St. Louis archbishop and leading voice for conservative Catholics, said the church "is like a ship without a rudder" under Francis. Burke made the comments before the pope demoted him from his position as head of the Vatican high court, a move he had anticipated.

Bishop Thomas Tobin of Providence, Rhode Island, said the debate and vote on a document summing up the discussion in Rome, which laid bare divisions among church leaders, struck him as "rather Protestant." Tobin referenced a remark Francis had made to young Catholics last year that they shake up the church and make a "mess" in their dioceses.

"Pope Francis is fond of `creating a mess.' Mission accomplished," Tobin wrote.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You don't need to have a religion to know God and his Son, which is all that matters.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:You don't need to have a religion to know God and his Son, which is all that matters.

No you don't necessarily (you do have to believe Christ died for your sins), but for practicing, conservative Catholics in the United States, the Pope has drawn a red line contradicting the teachings of the church he is supposed to be the leader of....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Liberal Catholics, huh? My brother is a practicing Catholic (we all grew-up in the church). He is a widower and has fallen in love with a widow who happens to be Jewish. He went to his Monsignor and asked him if the Church would sanction his marriage to this woman (a wonderful lady who my family has known since about 1975). The Monsignor smiled and told my brother: "Well, what are you waiting for? Go marry her!"

Go marry her, but not in the Catholic church....I guarantee you...and if they do...its a liberal monsignor.  

Absolute garbage. And he doesn't need the Church's permission to marry, and I doubt sincerely they would deny him a church wedding. This is 2014, not 1954.

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Absolute garbage.  And he doesn't need the Church's permission to marry, and I doubt sincerely they would deny him a church wedding. This is 2014, not 1954.

Go ask a priest.I'll bet your next paycheck they won't be getting married in a Catholic Church. It shows you know nothing of the Catholic faith at all.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Absolute garbage.  And he doesn't need the Church's permission to marry, and I doubt sincerely they would deny him a church wedding. This is 2014, not 1954.

Go ask a priest.I'll bet your next paycheck they won't be getting married in a Catholic Church. It shows you know nothing of the Catholic faith at all.

Why don't you bet your next paycheck? When they do get married, I will come back here and tell you if you were right.

Your kind of slow aren't you LT?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Like Z, I was raised in the Catholic Church. My great aunt was a Sister of the Incarnate Word. My great grandfather built a Catholic church and parish hall in south Texas, where I went every year to Thanksgiving dinner...and sometimes Christmas as well. I sang the Latin Mass from the age of 6 and went to Mass every single day when I was a student at St. Gertrude's Catholic School. Please don't tell me what I know about the Catholic Church. "Gloria in excelsis Deo."

And what is your current life like in the church now? Far from what you experienced as a kid obviously.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

And another thing...this Pope is leading the Catholics in the right direction, whether they want to go kicking and screaming or not. I hate to say how horrible the last Pope was. My hope is that priests and nuns will someday be allowed to marry. My favorite priest quit the priesthood to marry one of my cousins...also a nun...in about 1967. And, when I lived in Corpus Christi, one of my best friends was a priest.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:And what is your current life like in the church now? Far from what you experienced as a kid obviously.  

I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore. I left the Church because I couldn't abide the exclusion of other people. Recently, I attended a Mass at a local church, which I sometimes do, but the sermon turned me off...it was all about bringing in converts.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Christians are allegedly supposed to spread acceptance, good will, and comfort, etc.

That eliminates the Catholic and Baptist churches ... both of which wallow in intolerance -- politically and culturally. One claims supreme righteousness, but hides the fact that much of its priesthood (who are sworn to celibacy) are active pedophiles. The Baptists display an active intolerance for anyone who doesn't share their own beliefs. It's "give your soul to Jesus and your money to Jimmy Swaggert, or go to hell!"

Why is it almost every religion has a history of seeking political power?

Nuff said. LOL

Wordslinger wrote:Christians are allegedly supposed to spread acceptance, good will, and comfort, etc.

That eliminates the Catholic and Baptist churches ... both of which wallow in intolerance -- politically and culturally.  One claims supreme righteousness, but hides the fact that much of its priesthood (who are sworn to celibacy) are active pedophiles.  The Baptists display an active intolerance for anyone who doesn't share their own beliefs.  It's "give your soul to Jesus and your money to Jimmy Swaggert, or go to hell!"

Nuff said.    LOL

Muslims and Sharia....nuf said

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Christians are allegedly supposed to spread acceptance, good will, and comfort, etc.

That eliminates the Catholic and Baptist churches ... both of which wallow in intolerance -- politically and culturally.  One claims supreme righteousness, but hides the fact that much of its priesthood (who are sworn to celibacy) are active pedophiles.  The Baptists display an active intolerance for anyone who doesn't share their own beliefs.  It's "give your soul to Jesus and your money to Jimmy Swaggert, or go to hell!"

Nuff said.    LOL

Muslims and Sharia....nuf said

What the hell is that supposed to mean? That Catholics and other Christians don't have a long history of trying to seek and exercise political power? Considering that that very act -- the seeking of political power -- was your lord's number one issue -- your statement has zero credibility.

Jesus's number one issue was to rid Israel of the Romans. Even your Baptist authorities agree on that. The reason that Jesus and his followers tried to convert goyim (non-Jews) to Judaism was to lesson the power of Rome over Israel. You're a teacher?

Jesus came to die on the cross, not rid Jerusalem of Romans.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Jesus came to die on the cross, not rid Jerusalem of Romans.

How come I, an atheist, know more about Jesus than you? LOL

Fiesty to day aren't you

You're a legend in your own mind

Jesus wasn't involved in politics

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Fiesty to day aren't you

You're a legend in your own mind

Jesus wasn't involved in politics

Was he involved in the evangelist movement to convert non-Jews to Judaism?

A simple yes or no will be fine.

Another question unrelated to the Op.

He's trying to teach you a lesson that he'll never forget. A real atheist would obsess on this like he does.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Another question unrelated to the Op.

English definition: I don't want to answer this because I'll be caught looking stupid again .... Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum